Post-Game Talk: 11/10/19 | #15 panthers @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Some people on this board are embarrassing, yikes. Which saves should Hank have done? Snipes and deflections mostly..

He is being paid a shitload to stop pucks. He faced 38 shots tonight. He stopped 31. That's just not good enough. You can't make exuses for 7 pucks getting past you. No matter how difficult. It wasn't like he faced 50 shots. This was a reasonable amount.

The second goal was especially a disaster. He was lying on his back doing snow angels.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
He is being paid a ****load to stop pucks. He faced 38 shots tonight. He stopped 31. That's just not good enough. You can't make exuses for 7 pucks getting past you. No matter how difficult. It wasn't like he faced 50 shots. This was a reasonable amount.

The second goal was especially a disaster. He was lying on his back doing snow angels.

Are you really in Warsaw? I am living in Bialystok these days... "Semi retired" - like consigliere Tom Hagen once aptly put it ... We should meet, if so. Not that many NYR fans around here... Otoh your comments might get me into trouble... hehehe

Reactions: Faceless

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He is being paid a ****load to stop pucks. He faced 38 shots tonight. He stopped 31. That's just not good enough. You can't make exuses for 7 pucks getting past you. No matter how difficult. It wasn't like he faced 50 shots. This was a reasonable amount.

Not saying he was good or bad since I didnt watch the game but wow has he raised the bar that we actually consider almost 40 shots against reasonable.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Are you really in Warsaw? I am living in Bialystok these days... "Semi retired" - like consigliere Tom Hagen once aptly put it ... We should meet, if so. Not that many NYR fans around here... Otoh your comments might get me into trouble... hehehe

Literally just moved back to the states this month. Was in Warsaw for the last 2 years. Now in Atlanta for the next 6-12 months. We'll see after that.

Not saying he was good or bad since I didn't watch the game but wow has he raised the bar that we actually consider almost 40 shots against reasonable.

It was 35+3 in the SO. I really don't think 35 shots is an unreasonable amount in today's NHL.

Add-in that the Rangers have invested so heavily in Lundqvist to make-up for defensive shortcomings, he should be expected to perform better then an .857 save %.

Lundqvist has earned his defenders. But today's game was winnable. He didn't come through when needed. The second goal was an atrocity.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The second goal was an atrocity.

That goal is 100% on Adam Fox. He didn't do his job. You should go back and watch the replay to see how the entire play evolved.

Hank makes a save from a shot from the point, the rebound bounces to the side where Hunt puts it on goal, the puck bounces and sneaks through Hank into the crease and Fox forgets his man and Toninato has a tap in.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013

He let in 5 goals during the game. The shootout is a crapshoot. And he stopped one of the best (if not the best player in the league at shootouts) at it.

2nd goal was so-so I'll give you that. But he had no chance on the other ones.

Such a flawed way of thinking. So if he faced 20 shots and 15 of those were 3 vs 1 you'd bitch too?

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Can’t believe how good Fox is. Think he’s our best D already. What he’s shown as a rookie is what I was hoping he’d be at his peak. He’s already 21 so not sure how much better he’ll get but if he keeps improving he could be a #1

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
That goal is 100% on Adam Fox. He didn't do his job. You should go back and watch the replay to see how the entire play evolved.

Hank makes a save from a shot from the point, the rebound bounces to the side where Hunt puts it on goal, the puck bounces and sneaks through Hank into the crease and Fox forgets his man and Toninato has a tap in.

You can't just ignore Hank's failed effort because there was a breakdown in coverage. You can almost always point to some kind of breakdown that leads to a goal against. Yea, Fox blew it on that play, but Hank needs to be better. Doing snow angels in the crease while the puck slides by you is unacceptable. And frankly, this is becoming a bit of a thing this year.

I can't be the only one witnessing him doing it more often. He ends up on his back and stays down for extended periods while the play around him continues.

I really respect what Hank has done for this organization. He is easily my favorite Rangers of all time. His past two games were absolutely phenomenal.

Today, he was sub-par and we didn't win. Was he the only reason we lost, obviously not. But he certainly didn't help and I think he could have done more to get us this win.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
can’t lose to this guy:sarcasm:
A3823B78-4C24-4F78-ADBC-9EBB2BC739C8.gif

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Trade Strome, trade Kreider, Trade George. Buyout Staal in the off season, save $2.1M next year when Shattenkirk's $6M cap hit is in full force. Fire Quinn for whoever is the best proven NHL coach on the market. Lots of kids looking great. We need defensive structure and Quinn's not good enough at the NHL level.

Reactions: Turbosperg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad