Post-Game Talk: 11/10/19 | #15 panthers @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Do people need to use such words and be so dramatic? Cant just say bad goal which is even debatable.

Strange criticism. But sure - it was a bad goal, better?

He let in 5 goals during the game. The shootout is a crapshoot. And he stopped one of the best (if not the best player in the league at shootouts) at it.

2nd goal was so-so I'll give you that. But he had no chance on the other ones.

Such a flawed way of thinking. So if he faced 20 shots and 15 of those were 3 vs 1 you'd ***** too?

Making up outrageous situations to prove your point lacks sense. There were no 3 on 1's today. If that ever happens, I won't fault him. However, I'd argue several of the shots Hank let by, despite being difficult shots, were ones he can and has stopped before. He is being paid to stop those shots. He is being paid to be our star player. He should be stealing games. This was a game he could have easily stolen had he been marginally better than mediocre. He wasn't asked to stand on his head today. He was asked to be slightly above average. Did he even have one difficult save today other than on Barkov in the shootout? That's just not good enough.

An average goalie could have done what he did today. This is a game we should have won

Strome is not a good faceoff guy.

Anyone is good compared to Howden. Strome is a god compared to Howden.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Strange criticism. But sure - it was a bad goal, better?

Making up outrageous situations to prove your point lacks sense. There were no 3 on 1's today. If that ever happens, I won't fault him. However, I'd argue several of the shots Hank let by, despite being difficult shots, were ones he can and has stopped before. He is being paid to stop those shots. He is being paid to be our star player. He should be stealing games. This was a game he could have easily stolen had he been marginally better than mediocre. He wasn't asked to stand on his head today. He was asked to be slightly above average. Did he even have one difficult save today other than on Barkov in the shootout? That's just not good enough.

An average goalie could have done what he did today. This is a game we should have won

Anyone is good compared to Howden. Strome is a god compared to Howden.

Strome was 47.6% last year. Howden was 48.4%. Not seeing the huge difference.

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I thought there should have been an interference call on the Boyle goal. A Ranger was blocked from entering the shooters lane ...I am not sure who it was but maybe somebody can find it via a replay.

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
How does pulling Strome off (a good faceoff guy) to start OT for Brett Howden for the purpose of winning the face off make any sense when he’s won 21% all day? Of course he lost it then possession. Just a bad idea and Strome wasn’t happy about it

Because they are in the process of developing players? Was it not Howden who won a face off late in regulaton? (not 100% sure)

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
He stole a game just the other night. Maybe give the guy a break?

So because he steals a game we shouldn't expect a decent performance the next time out?

I just don't get this at all. Hank wasn't good today. It's not the end of the world. But let's not act like he couldn't have been better and won us this game.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I thought there should have been an interference call on the Boyle goal. A Ranger was blocked from entering the shooters lane ...I am not sure who it was but maybe somebody can find it via a replay.

Pretty sure it was Lias, who then had trouble getting set and ended up screening Hank which led to Boyle's deflection going past him.

Reactions: leetch99

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Everyone realizes this is a work in progress team right? Hank is 37... THIRTY SEVEN man!

Kakko is less than half his age.

Tiger Woods is 43 and having trouble playing golf... give the guy a break! No he can’t do it on his own. That was ALWAYS true

If this is going to be the excuse, then he should either retire or should have never taken a contract that would pay him such a salary up to this point. I am not advocating for either, just pointing out how ludicrous this argument is.

Hank would be the last one to tell you he needs to be babied. Hell, I'm fairly certain he'd agree with me that he needed to be better today. Yet all I see in here are people either forgiving a subpar performance based on age, legacy or his past 2, outstanding games. None of those are legitimate excuses.

I believe Hank is still capable of being a high-end starter in this league. He has to be better than he was today. Age, prior performances, etc, are not reasonable excuses. He was average to below-average today and we could have won this game if he lived up to his paycheck.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Henrik was terrible ..and I'm not even counting the goals he gave up. His rebound control was horrendous and just making simple saves he was flailing and off. It happens. Georgiev should get the next one. Every bad game... Switch
Exactly. I just don't get why it's so hard for so many to admit this when it happens – which is rarely. On balance this season so far, he's been as good as he was during his prime years. Today, not so much.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know how well or poorly we played, I say like a minute of the game (did catch a goal) but at least the Rangers aren't as bad as the Giants.

Reactions: romba

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I definitely thought the same thing. Anderson was prevented from getting out into the shooting lane

phone posting but Rangers D needs to do a far better job figuring out when to jump into the play and forwards need to do better covering for them. This even includes breakouts and trying to fly the zone in transition

Chytil continues to look good...having a legit 2nd center prospect is nice. 3C looks like a shot show though. Howden just sucks 90% of the time. Maybe Andersson isn’t ready either but I’d be happy with Howden sitting and Strome being 3C on that line when Zibanejad is back. Dude just has nothing to his game...no hands no speed no shot no physical play. Spends most of his shifts skating up and down the ice doing nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad