Post-Game Talk: 11/10/19 | #15 panthers @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
It was fun game to watch. We struggled defensively but bear in mind we had 3 D rookies and ton of young forwards in the game. I ve read your comments from this game and I think good Strome's passing game should be noticed. I liked Chytil's dynamic skating as well. Panarin is obviously superb!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I keep coming back to the issues being less about the actual defensemen and more about the forwards.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I was shocked to find in this thread:

Massively overdone Hank criticism counterbalanced by everyone's favorite "Hank did nothing wrong, it's 100% someone else's fault" argument.

I agree with snowblind about the self parody bit. We all have our quirks but the " Hank is perfect"quirkis among the worst ones imo

It's a worse quirk than the dumb kid with the sticky grape hair...wait not that kind of quirk

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
We possessed the puck practically all of OT. Then Skjei becomes impatient and goes for a bad angle shot and gives up possession. Dummy.
Skjei scored on that exact play in the first OT of last season. He actually roofed it and everyone was thinkin ‘he gonna break out baby!’

He’s been oh-for since on that type of play, but not for lack of trying. It’s almost like opposing D want him to try it for some reason...

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That goal is 100% on Adam Fox. He didn't do his job. You should go back and watch the replay to see how the entire play evolved.

Hank makes a save from a shot from the point, the rebound bounces to the side where Hunt puts it on goal, the puck bounces and sneaks through Hank into the crease and Fox forgets his man and Toninato has a tap in.
True, but more than one person can be blamed for a goal.

The rest of the goals are hard to put on Hank though you'd like him to steal one more of those so we can squeak out the win. He might be cooling off a bit after being on Fire for the past couple of weeks.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
the puck went right under hank clean as a whistle who was flat on his back since he was flopping all day and Fox is supposed to expect it coming thru the other side? How often do u see Georgiev or Shesterkin flat on their backs? Or any goalie not my age if we’re being honest.

Hank does quite a bit of swimming in the paint. Usually, it flat on his stomach.
He did get the help of a couple of posts yesterday, which, if they had gone in, would have been very weak goals.
Being well positioned and big is one of the things Georgie does better than Hank. Hank seems to sell out on the first save and can get out of position for the rebound.
I do think Hank is having a better year making the initial save than the past few.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Lundqvist has always had poor rebound control stemming from, but not limited to, his lack of catching ability in his glove (used it as a blocker and super stiff for years until a few AMAZING desperation breakaway saves doing-the-splits-desperation-glove-stops were easily tapped in by the trailing forward due ti inability to catch the puck). Hank's mentality was and always has been to keep the puck out of the net at all costs, rebounds be damned and handled after the fact.

When the rebounds get put in due to uncovered forwards we bitch about his poor rebound control. When they don't, we revere Hank's grit and ability to get it done. Yes, it has gotten a bit worse with age but not so drastic imo. His recovery ability and quickness to get square and ready for the rebound is what has diminished.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Kakko's demeanor after the shootout goal was like "oof, job done. next" ... found it to be very mature. Maybe he thought he was quite lucky, maybe the shootout situation. I think it was a big moment for him. His first shootout attempt (cmiiw), a moment where he can show what he's about. "I need to score this one, not just for the team, but also for my career." He delivered.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Kakko's demeanor after the shootout goal was like "oof, job done. next" ... found it to be very mature. Maybe he thought he was quite lucky, maybe the shootout situation. I think it was a big moment for him. His first shootout attempt (cmiiw), a moment where he can show what he's about. "I need to score this one, not just for the team, but also for my career." He delivered.

His cross the grain move in regulation was even better. it's showed a natural scorers instinct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad