GDT: 11/04/2019 | Game 16 | Red Wings vs. Predators | 7:30 EST | FSD+

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Part of it is his own doing, BigE, Lashoff, MacIlrath, and Seider are all better than Hicketts. That is unless Stevie is forcing Blash to play Hicketts. I do not think that is the case.

… and Svech is better than Hirose, Smith is better than Ehn.

I think some of those guys might be kept in GR this season for reasons other than what they can bring to Detroit right now. If Yzerman views this season as a throwaway, and by all indications he does, guys will be kept where he thinks they'll develop the best, not where they can help the Wings immediately.

Do you take the chance that a new captain can steer the ship somewhere to minimize the casualties, or do you just say “**** it, we’re going down anyway,” and rearrange some deck chairs?

Not much steering after they hit the iceberg. I think this team has been taking water for awhile.

I don't know how legit it is, but I can't imagine the wings haven't looked at Puljujarvi. I bet most teams have/are.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
The Titanic is mid impact. There's nothing to do other than ride it out. This team is a bottom of the league team no matter who is at the helm. At least Mantha, Larkin, Bert and Hronek have all developed under him.

To be fair, it would have taken a lot of hard work to f*** those guys up.

One does not steer a sinking ship.

Not much steering after they hit the iceberg. I think this team has been taking water for awhile.

Depends on how much water it’s taken on at this point. Seems to me iceberg has been scraped, but there’s no serious hull damage yet.

I think those who believe this is rock bottom may be in for a very bumpy ride.

Or maybe I’m just being too optimistic. Might actually be the first time in my adult life. :laugh::(:help:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Get that white flag out and wave it high...we surrender.

This is painful...this team is in absolute shambles. Blash has got to go. I get it, we have no talent, but enough is enough...bring in a new voice.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
tenor.gif

Reactions: burbankmarc

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Jimmy Howard... Huh... Is Bernier the new starter or is this an over-reaction?

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL
Can we get goal differential credit? Like maybe we lose the lottery outright, but our -350 goal differential recalculated and we get the 3rd instead of the 6th pick?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I know there’s a lot of money in professional sports, but if I’m Filppula, or Daley, or Green, I have to legitimately question how much I want to be around for this

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not that I care that much because it didnt look too bad, with the way the league is now I wonder if theyll look att hat hit Ellis put on Larkin

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I need to rerun my "goals allowed by period when DeKeyser is in the lineup vs out of the lineup" numbers

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I know there’s a lot of money in professional sports, but if I’m Filppula, or Daley, or Green, I have to legitimately question how much I want to be around for this

I know they’re not here to win a Cup, and it’s pretty hard to mentor kids in a losing environment like this.

Luckily for those injured guys, this is their last go around here.

I need to rerun my "goals allowed by period when DeKeyser is in the lineup vs out of the lineup" numbers

All of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad