GDT: 11/04/2019 | Game 16 | Red Wings vs. Predators | 7:30 EST | FSD+

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
He's one of five forwards who can move the puck competently. The guy's been pretty lousy this year, but this isn't a game I see him being an issue.
He might not be an "issue" but he certainly isn't helping a whole lot. Granted, we can easily say that about most of the forward corps.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I’m over the Bowey experiment.

Nielsen was calling for a puck off the netting before that goal, and I guarantee that’s what they were looking at.

They were, but they decided too much time had elapsed between them screwing up and the goal for it to matter. That's how the Preds announcers were describing it anyway.

Reactions: RedMenace

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Arby's should do a promotion where you get curly fries whenever the Wings don't give up five goals.

I came to post the same. We're all on the same wavelength tonight.

Just made it home from work. My expectations weren't high but I was expecting another shit show. This madness must come to an end. I'll keep watching for a bit. Eat a few more slices of Hungry Howie's but after that I may just catch up on Mad Dog Radio or Stern.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He might not be an "issue" but he certainly isn't helping a whole lot. Granted, we can easily say that about most of the forward corps.

That's part of why I have a hard time coming down on him, especially when I think he's had a pretty decent game. I wouldn't exactly shed a tear if he got sent to GR, but this roster is just so bad... .

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
We should’ve claimed Witkowski off waivers. Would give the fans something to cheer about and he is legitimately a better NHL defender than Biega, Hicketts, and Bowey

I dont really think the wings are getting bullied or anything this year but it would be nice to have a guy like Witkowski who would go out there every shift knowing it could be his last in the NHL and play like it. It would give the fans something to cheer about and maybe spark the team a bit with a big hit or a fight. No way hes a downgrade hockey wise from Hicketts but hes a big upgrade on energy and entertainment.

The only guy I've thought played desperate hockey this year out of the lower line guys was Svechnikov and he barely even got a look. Keep rolling out the complacent old guys who are just collecting a pay check and arent worth watching. Gonna need Smith, Witkowski, and McIlrath in the lineup to keep anyone interested if things keep going the way they are

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why? He literally has the worst defense in the NHL and a runner for the worst defense any team has had since the salary cap era started.
Part of it is his own doing, BigE, Lashoff, MacIlrath, and Seider are all better than Hicketts. That is unless Stevie is forcing Blash to play Hicketts. I do not think that is the case.

… and Svech is better than Hirose, Smith is better than Ehn.

Reactions: RedMenace

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I left work during the intermission, came home and find the score 5-1. WHy do I even bother with this team when I'm also a Caps fab?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Part of it is his own doing, BigE, Lashoff, MacIlrath, and Seider are all better than Hicketts. That is unless Stevie is forcing Blash to play Hicketts. I do not think that is the case.

MacIlrath and Lashoff aren't better, they are analogous. Big E is done in the NHL and Seider isn't NHL ready. Basically rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Do you take the chance that a new captain can steer the ship somewhere to minimize the casualties, or do you just say “**** it, we’re going down anyway,” and rearrange some deck chairs?

One does not steer a sinking ship.

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
That's part of why I have a hard time coming down on him, especially when I think he's had a pretty decent game. I wouldn't exactly shed a tear if he got sent to GR, but this roster is just so bad... .
I can't argue with any of this.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Do you take the chance that a new captain can steer the ship somewhere to minimize the casualties, or do you just say “**** it, we’re going down anyway,” and rearrange some deck chairs?

The Titanic is mid impact. There's nothing to do other than ride it out. This team is a bottom of the league team no matter who is at the helm. At least Mantha, Larkin, Bert and Hronek have all developed under him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad