100% Galchenyuk's fault. Habs lose 4-2 to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
:laugh:

It's a good thing you posted 6 times in this thread to let everybody know how he's the worst player ever, otherwise his supporters might have converted another fan to their cause. Keep up the great work!

Well, Audette did recommend his own son, who might be having the same type of career as Gourde.

I never wrote that . He definitely got some talent. But his lack of desire, for the time being, is a source of concerns.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I dont disagree hes better at center and shouldnt be on the wing considering our C depth right now. But its not due to the position he plays that he sucks right now. Its because he plays bad. Period. Hes responsible for this as he doesnt show in any way he can be trusted. **** effort level, **** vision (therefore **** plays attempted), **** defensive awareness.
He hasn't gotten better, he's gotten worse. It's the coach's job to get the most out of his lineup. Moving him to the wing was dumb.

The whole "it's his fault" or "it's the coach's fault" is secondary here. To be honest I don't really care. What I care about is that we put him where he should be. Then it's up to him. If he fails... fine, bash the crap out of him. But if you put him on the 3rd line wing then you deserve plenty of blame yourself for being an idiot with how you're handling the guy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jesus christ the people booing at the game tonight were brain dead. What the **** did they expect ? To see the team kill themselves in a completely irrelevant game ? We're resting a bunch of players. Just a stupid crowd tonight. Go home losers.

True, the game was irrelevant but there was no discount on those ticket prices either. I'm not condoning their behavior, only that I wouldn't have liked to pay full price on a meaningless game such as this.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
If Galchenyuk would have an ounce of pride, he would had made the effort to become a good, reliable center instead of letting guys like Danault, Shaw or Plekky taking his place.

On this I dont agree. Some players never become defensive studs but honestly 30+ goals is enough to ignore this imo. Remember Michael Ryder? Chucky has way better tools than him and can easily reproduce what he did last year. Who cared last year if he wasnt flawless as a center?

My problem with him right now is that he isnt putting up enough offense to still be excused. Is it still the knee? Maybe thats why Id suggest to be careful with him and not rush a trade for the sake of it. Hes still a damn valuable asset. Im sure some teams would use the hell out of him, hed produce like hes able to and they would be the ones to reap the benefits of 5 years of grooming? Id barf on myself tbh. Criticize him harshly, its fine I do too but dont give up so fast on him. Hes young, has been injured and is struggling with confidence. He gets it back he could catch on fire like not too long ago and wed forget everything about this tecent stretch.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't know how MB can pull it off but he needs to somehow find a 1st line center this summer. It doesn't look like they're confident Galchenyuk will be one at this point.

The Habs just can't go into next season with this center depth. The entire Habs center group tonight have only outscored McDavid by 5 points this season (102-97 points). It's no wonder why this team really struggles to score.

This is Bergevin's 6th year. One would have thought that he would have figured out before now that Galchenyuk is not the guy for that center spot.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Galchenyuk is an immature brat. After what happened with Pulver and Larionov, it was very clear that he wasn't ready to listen to people who wanted to teach him how to be a pro.

That being said, I don't care if he's an immature brat if it doesn't show on the ice. But right now, it does.

Like someone else said, it's time he grows the F up and becomes a real pro. It's not about the position he plays on the ice, or the points that aren't coming, it's about how he acts and reacts.

BTW, I love Galchenyuk and wants him to succeed as a first line center. Which Habs fan doesn't?

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He hasn't gotten better, he's gotten worse. It's the coach's job to get the most out of his lineup. Moving him to the wing was dumb.

The whole "it's his fault" or "it's the coach's fault" is secondary here. To be honest I don't really care. What I care about is that we put him where he should be. Then it's up to him. If he fails... fine, bash the crap out of him. But if you put him on the 3rd line wing then you deserve plenty of blame yourself for being an idiot with how you're handling the guy.

I agree with you more than it seems and Id defend the decision to put him back with Radulov for example. Just one thing though. Yes it can feel meaningless, but you as much as anyone know a coach just cant do that. Youve got Byron and Lehkonen and co leaving their hearts on the ice and youd bump one of them off a recently clicking line to jumpstart someone who barely shows up? Not in a real life professional lockeroom. Simply doesnt fly well.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If he's not scoring we aren't going to win a cup. We simply don't have the offensive depth to be able to overcome him not producing. The right thing to do would be to try to get him going. Right now it seems like we're more interested in punishing the guy. It's not working. His play is on the decline, he's got zero confidence and he's playing with a guy who can't feed him pucks.

So sure, bench the guy if you want but get ready for us to lose games 1-0 and an earlier exit than we'd otherwise have. Like it or not he's a key scorer for us. If we were going to sit the guy then we should've dealt him at the deadline.

Brilliant post.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
On this I dont agree. Some players never become defensive studs but honestly 30+ goals is enough to ignore this imo. Remember Michael Ryder?

Funny you bring up Michael Ryder. Galchenyuk plays exactly like he did, except Galchenyuk isn't as good, and occasionally plays "center". Ryder didn't suck as bad defensively either (which every Habs fan should know is quite the statement), and didn't turn the puck over every other shift. Chuck has better hands though, too bad his feet stop moving as soon as he uses them.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He was an absolute train-wreck, turned the puck over a bunch of times, floated and watched, no compete level, just useless. The usual.

He ****ing sucks at wing. I want to blame the coach for not playing him at center, but Galchenyuk needs to ****ing grow up and play like a man. I'll wait for the playoffs before judging him, but he has been terrible. I don't understand why Julien doesn't just switch Shaw and Galchenyuk. Shaw looks better at wing, and Galchenyuk produces at center. This works because Shaw can also take face-offs, if Galchenyuk is doing terrible.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He ****ing sucks at wing. I want to blame the coach for not playing him at center, but Galchenyuk needs to ****ing grow up and play like a man. I'll wait for the playoffs before judging him, but he has been terrible. I don't understand why Julien doesn't just switch Shaw and Galchenyuk. Shaw looks better at wing, and Galchenyuk produces at center. This works because Shaw can also take face-offs, if Galchenyuk is doing terrible.
As much as we all hoped he'd be our number 1 center, it just isn't feasible at this point. His flaws are just too great, it isn't worth the points he does produce. He can't win face-offs, doesn't battle for pucks, turns the puck over probably every other shift, doesn't back-check, and is slow. He also gets banged around like a pee wee player, and needs to be sheltered to a ridiculous extent. And now he is sulking on top of all that. You can't have a center like that in this league. Other teams will be salivating at playing the habs with chuck as number 1 center in the playoffs.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

This is not a positional issue. We know what galchenyuk can offer at the wing, and we also know what he can offer at centre.

The fact of the matter is that he played like garbage for the most part since returning from injury. This is about making good decisions, and executing plays that he has proven to be good at in the past.

He's not moving his feet at crucial moments, and he's turning the puck over way too much. This is about galchenyuk getting back to where he was in the past, whether on the wing or at centre. Right now, he's a clear liability no matter where you put him.

He's being provided opportunities to play himself through it, but he's just not taking advantage. You're looking at Julien's biggest project right now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I agree with you more than it seems and Id defend the decision to put him back with Radulov for example. Just one thing though. Yes it can feel meaningless, but you as much as anyone know a coach just cant do that. Youve got Byron and Lehkonen and co leaving their hearts on the ice and youd bump one of them off a recently clicking line to jumpstart someone who barely shows up? Not in a real life professional lockeroom. Simply doesnt fly well.

To be honest, if those guys can't understand why a coach would do that and want to get upset then they don't understand professional team sports.
If they want this team to succeed, they need Galch playing well on the top line. They're not going to be lead by Danault, Byron and Lehkonen. If you dont have a choice, then fine but we do. I expect Galch to get moved up in the POs.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Every player goes through slumps.

Galchenyuk was mishandled by Therrien (who MANY OF YOU DEFENDED) and by BargainBin (who MANY OF YOU ADORE).

You don't bring up talented players in a risk-free system, in an off-position, with little support, behind David Desharnais. You just don't.

Chucky can still put it together but he's suffering from confidence issues now, maybe Man Mountain(ous Offersheet) Shea Weber can put some of his leadership to task and try to help him out. Maybe ol' Wolverine can take Chucky aside. Maybe Radulov can help him. I dunno if they have or have not, or if Chucky has or has not responded to it. But he's not as bad as he's showing and we need to show patience with players with so much potential.

If it was Byron struggling, you cut him off without a second thought. Chucky is worth a lot, you have to work with him.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Every player goes through slumps.

Galchenyuk was mishandled by Therrien (who MANY OF YOU DEFENDED) and by BargainBin (who MANY OF YOU ADORE).

You don't bring up talented players in a risk-free system, in an off-position, with little support, behind David Desharnais. You just don't.

Chucky can still put it together but he's suffering from confidence issues now, maybe Man Mountain(ous Offersheet) Shea Weber can put some of his leadership to task and try to help him out. Maybe ol' Wolverine can take Chucky aside. Maybe Radulov can help him. I dunno if they have or have not, or if Chucky has or has not responded to it. But he's not as bad as he's showing and we need to show patience with players with so much potential.

If it was Byron struggling, you cut him off without a second thought. Chucky is worth a lot, you have to work with him.

Talent is a worthless commodity to the Bergivinians. These people would sooner see JDLR given an opportunity as a top 6 center than Alex Galchenyuk. In some sense they're the easiest people in the world to please: just give 'er 110%, take hits to make plays, get pucks deep. Meanwhile they'll happily watch a 30 goal scorer rot on the third line because he needs to ''grow up.'' It's unbelievably petty.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Galchenyuk needs to put his big boy pants on......what is it now, 3yrs of excuses for the guy. It was Therrien's fault, it was injuries, he's on the wing, the habs brass held him back, it's Julien's fault now. Funny how other players are developing quite well around him yet he's regressing........you don't like being a 3rd line winger, then do something about it.

I laugh even harder now at the idea that this guy was ready from prime time centre 2-3yrs ago.....

I'm a big time Galchenyuk fan, and as of a few days ago I wanted him signed long term. But now I seriously have my doubts if he can actually assume the responsibility of being a second line centre, let alone a first line centre.

I hope this kid finds his game, it could possibly mean the cup or not.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This is not a positional issue. We know what galchenyuk can offer at the wing, and we also know what he can offer at centre.

The fact of the matter is that he played like garbage for the most part since returning from injury. This is about making good decisions, and executing plays that he has proven to be good at in the past.

He's not moving his feet at crucial moments, and he's turning the puck over way too much. This is about galchenyuk getting back to where he was in the past, whether on the wing or at centre. Right now, he's a clear liability no matter where you put him.

He's being provided opportunities to play himself through it, but he's just not taking advantage. You're looking at Julien's biggest project right now.
Talk about a guy who has zero confidence right now..............but this kid is too talented to not find it...the playoffs hopefully will be his Re-set point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Is this the PGT or Chucky thread????
I watched the first period and simply left.
There is no use criticizing any of the players at this point.
Redemption or purgatory is not far away for any and all of them.
We are essentially in pre season and or exhibition mode.
The burners are turned down and we are operating with the pilot flame.
Galchenyuk suffers from two issues one he never had to graduate the ranks and I include AHL time at center as a proving ground and a lesson in maturity as lacking. Silver spoon syndrome from day 1.
Two he is still suffering from his knee injury a slow guy to begin with is now slower. I'm talking about his reactionary speed and playmaking speed.

Wish him luck in the post season we need him desperately.

Batmike

Jun 28, 2015
Newfoundland
Tony marinaro's tweet summed up the canadiens pp perfectly. I would post the tweet, but i'm on moblie.

"The HABS powerplay is ranked 13th in the NHL which is funny because it's hard to imagine 17 worse power plays"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad