Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How is it 100% Galchenyuk fault????
He played horrible, but the defensemen were worse

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Habs had lots of chances to score. Could have had 4 or 5 with some bounces. That D was horrid though.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Too bad the playoffs turn more physical and he'll get outmuscled by the likes of Zuccarello.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
As a Lightning fan, I gotta say thanks for taking the dive and best of luck for you guys against the Rags.

Back to biting my nails and waiting for tomorrow night's games...

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
People who say Galchenyuk sucks at faceoffs should check out the numbers for McDavid, Eichel, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Rakell, etc.

There's a reason young centers don't win them as often.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Chucky's looked lost for a while. But playoffs are a whole new game. It is a chance to wipe the slate clean. Look at Briere and Bourque in 2014 for example.

latest

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tampa played desperate and for their playoff lives and they pulled off a win. Kudos to them I guess.

The Habs PP still makes me sick. Same crap different season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As a Lightning fan, I gotta say thanks for taking the dive and best of luck for you guys against the Rags.

Anything to help in running the Leafs out of the playoffs. Here's hoping the Pens, Jackets, and Sabres do their part.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

I love it when a plan comes together. ;)

Jul 6, 2016
People who say Galchenyuk sucks at faceoffs should check out the numbers for McDavid, Eichel, Scheifele, Kuznetsov, Rakell, etc.

Sucking at face offs is only ONE of his many shortcomings for a "so called" #1 centerman.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't want Galchenyuk traded
I think Galchenyuk has the skills to be a top line player (center OR winger) on this team

That being said...It's time for him to put his big boy pants on and grow the F up already.

I'm not into coddling players...I'll leave that up to others.

I'm a fan of Galchenyuk, doesn't mean I can't or won't be critical of him

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Even if Galchenyuk isnt very good on faceoffs, he has to be on that first PP wave..

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tampa played desperate and for their playoff lives and they pulled off a win. Kudos to them I guess.

The Habs PP still makes me sick. Same crap different season.
Definitely credit to TB. They needed a win and played like it.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Yup. IMO his faceoff % is way overblown and I blame Chris Nilan for this on TSN690. He was constantly going on and on about it this season.

It doesn't seem to be much of an issue for the guys you listed but for Galchenyuk it's the worst thing ever. Sure his defensive play isn't good but now he's disappeared offensively as well. At least when he was playing center he was scoring and doing something positive. Now he's invisible most games and nothing is done to try and fix it. :shakehead

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Anything to help in running the Leafs out of the playoffs. Here's hoping the Pens, Jackets, and Sabres do their part.

I'd much rather play you guys in the playoffs than the Rags. If it's us vs. the Rags I'll never hear the end of it from my neighbor (dude painted the inside of his garage like a Ranger jersey). :help:

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Blame the coach for ruining Galchenyuk. Why put him on wing next to the useless Shaw. Julien needs to put him on the second line center poisition for the playoffs.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't want Galchenyuk traded
I think Galchenyuk has the skills to be a top line player (center OR winger) on this team

That being said...It's time for him to put his big boy pants on and grow the F up already.

I'm not into coddling players...I'll leave that up to others.

I'm a fan of Galchenyuk, doesn't mean I can't or won't be critical of him

It's tough because he's inconsistent. He puts up points but you never feel he's driving the offense when he does. He's awful at the dot and defensively. Two coaches have seen it. We'll see what he does in the playoffs but if we can use him to upgrade, we should.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
He's better at C than Wing but still should be playing better than tonight and recently. Just swap Shaw and Galchenyuk and profit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad