100% Galchenyuk's fault. Habs lose 4-2 to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Galchenyuk needs to put his big boy pants on......what is it now, 3yrs of excuses for the guy. It was Therrien's fault, it was injuries, he's on the wing, the habs brass held him back, it's Julien's fault now. Funny how other players are developing quite well around him yet he's regressing........you don't like being a 3rd line winger, then do something about it.

I laugh even harder now at the idea that this guy was ready from prime time centre 2-3yrs ago.....

I'm a big time Galchenyuk fan, and as of a few days ago I wanted him signed long term. But now I seriously have my doubts if he can actually assume the responsibility of being a second line centre, let alone a first line centre.

I hope this kid finds his game, it could possibly mean the cup or not.

Nobody said he was ready 2-3 years ago. The idea was to put him at center so he could be ready, you know, today. People were discussing this in the Therrien/Galch threads for years. Put him at center early, live through the growing pains, let him develop there. TEACH him. But no, apparently he wasn't good enough at Faceoffs...
Saying you're a big time Galchenyuk fan means nothing. I find people usually say that right before they criticize someone. Ironic.

Anyways, you say Galchenyuk being on top of his game might mean a cup. We are not winning anything with him on the wing of a 3rd line while Danault is centering the top line and we also have a Byron on the top 6. Those two guys had career years and they still haven't outproduced him despite playing 20 games more.
They're not better and they won't lead us anywhere.

So instead of crying about how he needs to put his big pants on (as if that even means anything), maybe just feed him all the offensive opportunities he can get, and then some.

Live and die with your best players.

Julien is new, so, not dumping on him. We will see what happens. I think it's a silly exercise though because Galch will be back up playing on the top lines regardless of whether he does well or not on the 3rd.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
It's good to see pacioretty back to his old self:sarcasm:
I seriously question whether this guy knows how to play hockey. He has the hockey IQ of a baseball player! The one thing he can do is shoot and he misses the frickin net from 8 feet away?! Step the hell up "captain"!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren starting tonight. But Julien said that Montoya will be ready for the playoffs. The Ice Caps' regular season ends next Saturday on the 15th. And they currently sit out of a playoff spot but they still have a chance to make it. However, if they don't, expect Lindgren and some others become the Black Aces in time for Game 3 @ MSG.

Price, Pacioretty, Radulov, and Markov all stayed in Montreal and won't be in Detroit tonight. Weber, Benn, and Emelin as already known will be off today.

So with Price at home and Lindgren starting. I'm wondering who the back-up will be. Montoya? Or will they call Fucale up? Caps were in Albany last night and will be in Binghampton today so not too far from Detroit to join the team in time.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Lindgren starting tonight. But Julien said that Montoya will be ready for the playoffs. The Ice Caps' regular season ends next Saturday on the 15th. And they currently sit out of a playoff spot but they still have a chance to make it. However, if they don't, expect Lindgren and some others become the Black Aces in time for Game 3 @ MSG.

Price, Pacioretty, Radulov, and Markov all stayed in Montreal and won't be in Detroit tonight. Weber, Benn, and Emelin as already known will be off today.

So with Price at home and Lindgren starting. I'm wondering who the back-up will be. Montoya? Or will they call Fucale up? Caps were in Albany last night and will be in Binghampton today so not too far from Detroit to join the team in time.
Wow, 7 regulars not playing tonight...

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Wow, 7 regulars not playing tonight...

Apparently Benn made the trip and will play, Montoya is the backup and has been skating. Think he can use the rest but isn't bad enough to not play tonight if they need him in relief.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The thread title was obviously in jest as people were complaining about Chucky last night... but.... he's the best player in the lineup right now. He has to step up and play well heading into the post-season.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The thread title was obviously in jest as people were complaining about Chucky last night... but.... he's the best player in the lineup right now. He has to step up and play well heading into the post-season.

If Galchy is the best player on the Habs, there won't be a cup anytime soon. If Carey Price is all world, and Shea Weber is Shea Weber of 4 years ago, and Patches plays like an all star................ then they're 1 elite centreman away from competing for the cup.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
If Galchy is the best player on the Habs, there won't be a cup anytime soon. If Carey Price is all world, and Shea Weber is Shea Weber of 4 years ago, and Patches plays like an all star................ then they're 1 elite centreman away from competing for the cup.

Pacioretty, Radulov, Markov, Weber, Price, and others are not in the lineup tonight.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Definitely similarities. I'm not a fan of CJ either. Totally agree with you that he's an infinitely better coach though.

Moving Chuck to the wing was making a situation CJ wasn't happy with and making it worse. It's definitely what I'd call a Therrien type move. Montreal just keeps hiring defensive minded coaches over and over and over again. Then we wonder why we don't have the skill that other clubs do.

Whatever, on the overall CJ has done a great job so far. I don't like the defensive mindedness anymore than I liked it from Martin. But at least the team is playing well overall.

Maybe CJ who had Kreiji, Savard, Bergeron play under him knows what an offensive centermen is.

Granted Bergeron is 2nd probly only to Datsyuk as a 2way centerman over the last 10 seasons (Toews is king now).

Can it be possible that Galchenyuk is a square peg and doesn't fit at center? Read my post history I've vouched for Galchenyuk for the last 3 years. But when two NHL coaches don't trust him, I have to think they see something I don't.

And from watching with more scrutiny, I have to say his play away from the puck sucks. His play with the puck lately sucks too.

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Pacioretty, Radulov, Markov, Weber, Price, and others are not in the lineup tonight.

Understood about last night but I was talking about the playoffs. Almost every other team except Toronto has a better cast. It's been about 30 years now that hockey requires you to be deep at centre. There was a period in the 70's where you could get by with fast/bruising wingers.

I have no idea why Montreal doesn't get it. You cannot win with Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Desharnais as your centres!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anyway, we're not talking about last night's game anymore. I don't think anyone really cares about. Plenty of other threads to talk about Chucky or the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad