100% Galchenyuk's fault. Habs lose 4-2 to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Yeah, time for him to be the third line winger we're using him as.

Nah man, I was at the game, and I get what Julien is saying. Galchenyuk skates around aimlessly waiting for a puck to hit him out of nowhere. I'm a fan of the players and I know he's going to do great things for this franchise but right now hes not helping himself at all.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Do you hear that strange squeeking sound, its the Leafs fans sphincters getting a little bit tighter. And by the way, # 11 is back in beast mode, # 27 is still useless.

Jul 6, 2016
Nah man, I was at the game, and I get what Julien is saying. Galchenyuk skates around aimlessly waiting for a puck to hit him out of nowhere. I'm a fan of the players and I know he's going to do great things for this franchise but right now hes not helping himself at all.

On this board, Galchenyuk as well asEller and Subban can't do no wrong. They are hockey Gods. Don't try to convince their supporters that they are humans and not perfect.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yanni Gourde. Maybe if Boisvert and Audette wouldn't be dumb, they would have seen him and recommend him.......

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Galchenyuk deserves a kick in the ass AND a move back to center.

I would rather he shows by his play that he deserves to be back at center rather than just giving it to him because somebody feels his potential is a # 1 center. Has to earn it in my books just like every other player has to earn their position. He's barely played like a # 3 winger the last month never mind a # 1 center, hell Plekanec has outplayed him the last month, at least Pleks plays a 200 ft. game.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
On this board, Galchenyuk as well asEller and Subban can't do no wrong. They are hockey Gods. Don't try to convince their supporters that they are humans and not perfect.

:laugh:

It's a good thing you posted 6 times in this thread to let everybody know how he's the worst player ever, otherwise his supporters might have converted another fan to their cause. Keep up the great work!

Yanni Gourde. Maybe if Boisvert and Audette wouldn't be dumb, they would have seen him and recommend him.......

Well, Audette did recommend his own son, who might be having the same type of career as Gourde.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Like the calling out by Claude. Alex is pouting. And he's getting schooled by a younger player called Lekhonen on being a pro. Claude will eventually pull the plug and put him in the stands. He did it with Kessel in the playoffs when Kessel was sleepwalking too, he sure as hell can do it to 27.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Like the calling out by Claude. Alex is pouting. And he's getting schooled by a younger player called Lekhonen on being a pro. Claude will eventually pull the plug and put him in the stands. He did it with Kessel in the playoffs when Kessel was sleepwalking too, he sure as hell can do it to 27.
And we can lose in the 2nd round. That'll teach him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We won't make it past the 1st round the way 27 is hiding out there, no way.
If he's not scoring we aren't going to win a cup. We simply don't have the offensive depth to be able to overcome him not producing. The right thing to do would be to try to get him going. Right now it seems like we're more interested in punishing the guy. It's not working. His play is on the decline, he's got zero confidence and he's playing with a guy who can't feed him pucks.

So sure, bench the guy if you want but get ready for us to lose games 1-0 and an earlier exit than we'd otherwise have. Like it or not he's a key scorer for us. If we were going to sit the guy then we should've dealt him at the deadline.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I don't want Galchenyuk traded
I think Galchenyuk has the skills to be a top line player (center OR winger) on this team

That being said...It's time for him to put his big boy pants on and grow the F up already.

I'm not into coddling players...I'll leave that up to others.

I'm a fan of Galchenyuk, doesn't mean I can't or won't be critical of him

Exactly my thoughts. Well said pal.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Besides, if we get past the Rags without any major injuries, we go to the ECF. No doubt in my mind. Montreal is better that the rest of the Atlantic, and the team is better coached.

Getting the Rags and then the B's next is the best route I feel. Yes even better than getting the Sens or Leafs because as well as we played the Sens lately, they always give us pains in the post-season and the Leafs might be a confident bunch if they were to even win a round. Gimme the Bruins. Couldn't ask for a better road so if the Habs fail to reach the ECF with a healthy group, then it was a failed playoff run. If they get there and lose, so be it. They'd need a mountain of goals robbed by Price if they wanna beat the Pens or Caps in that scenario anyway.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
If he's not scoring we aren't going to win a cup. We simply don't have the offensive depth to be able to overcome him not producing. The right thing to do would be to try to get him going. Right now it seems like we're more interested in punishing the guy. It's not working. His play is on the decline, he's got zero confidence and he's playing with a guy who can't feed him pucks.

So sure, bench the guy if you want but get ready for us to lose games 1-0 and an earlier exit than we'd otherwise have. Like it or not he's a key scorer for us. If we were going to sit the guy then we should've dealt him at the deadline.

He really needs to step up. He just doesnt move his feet enough right now Idk what to say. He should take hockey classes with Byron, Danault, Lehkonen. Whats the worst in all of this is that hes got twice the talent as them combined and hes a good bit taller/bigger but he just wont work half as hard or think half as well.

Whens the last time he acted like a 6"2" 200+ lbs forward and just battled his way to the net like BG/Lehkonen or forechecked like a demon like ti-Paul/Danault? He plays like an obese caterpillar these days it's sad.

And if hes not to do this kind of stuff then FFS Chucky prove us youre above that you superstar-wannabe and blow our minds Showtime-style to justify this effort level otherwise go back to work asap. Right now he's not showing skill nor grind. Just meh.

Jul 6, 2016
If Galchenyuk would have an ounce of pride, he would had made the effort to become a good, reliable center instead of letting guys like Danault, Shaw or Plekky taking his place.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If Galchenyuk would have an ounce of pride, he would had made the effort to become a good, reliable center instead of letting guys like Danault, Shaw or Plekky taking his place.
Him being on the wing is a coaching decision. Period.

And I'd say it's a terrible coaching decision.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Putting him at the position he's most successful at is not "coddling." It's practical.

I dont disagree hes better at center and shouldnt be on the wing considering our C depth right now. But its not due to the position he plays that he sucks right now. Its because he plays bad. Period. Hes responsible for this as he doesnt show in any way he can be trusted. **** effort level, **** vision (therefore **** plays attempted), **** defensive awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad