GDT: #10|New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins|October 25 |Horrible Bosses| F/W 4-3

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I love when Penguin fans come over and whine and moan how bad some of their players are. 7-1-0 and yet they still complain. I get Pittsburgh was the perfect landing spot for the biggest whiner in the league.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
With Zatkoff being in net, makes me have a different view on this game. We actually stand a chance with our bad defense to maybe out score the Penguins? Realistically, we're probably gonna lose this game.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
With Zatkoff being in net, makes me have a different view on this game. We actually stand a chance with our bad defense to maybe out score the Penguins? Realistically, we're probably gonna lose this game.

In typical Islanders fashion, they'll have the honor of handing Zatkoff his first NHL win and shutout. With the Islanders track record in this department, you know it's coming tonight.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Does Zatkoff have a shutout in the NHL?

The isles are good at popping cherries....

Im hopeing for Butchie to have a reason to say JACK capuono and ZatkOFF in the same sentence...that's a layup for a Butchism

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
In typical Islanders fashion, they'll have the honor of handing Zatkoff his first NHL win and shutout. With the Islanders track record in this department, you know it's coming tonight.

LOL! This is sooo true. Watch him score a goal too, may as well pop all 3 cherries tonight. First win/shutout/goal of his career.

But seriously, this is a big game. On top of all the 'renewing playoff rivalry' stuff, the Isles need the points after losing 2 home games they should have won.

I'll say 4-2 Isles. Big bounce-back game.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

And he's never scored a goal, so even odds on that as well, given our track record...:laugh:

NYI13

Dec 9, 2009
Long Island
Appropriately preparing for this game by finishing a 6 pack and making sure I have another 6 to drink during the game.

Cheers.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I also think I remembered that he got kicked out a few times by the ref. Bailey probably switched in.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Frans gets booted from the faceoff circle more than anyone else I know. It's unreal. Maybe a good thing because it's not his greatest strength.

Yea this is not a strength across our entire roster outside of Cizikas. It's pretty alarming. JT continues to be pretty abysmal at faceoffs. He is the worst of our 4 centers.

Along with the crap percentages, the amounts are pretty alarming. JT has 165 total faceoffs, Cizikas 116, Nielsen 101, Regin 86. Cizikas is taking a lot of faceoffs, meaning our 4th line is getting a heck of a lot of time. Part of this is aided by the fact that Capuano puts the 4th line on the ice after every goal for or against (that's like 10 times per game) like damn clockwork that is so obvious and easy to coach/plan against, but also because Cizikas is the only damn one on our team who can win a faceoff.

Edit: Bailey does have 32 faceoffs for the second line, so that is like a combined total of 133 between Nielsen and Bailey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad