GDT: #10|New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins|October 25 |Horrible Bosses| F/W 4-3

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Yeah. AMac is the same guy, he just plays way too much.

Why he's on the PP when Cap ALSO expects him to shut-down opposing top lines makes zero sense. He is terrible on the PP. Save his minutes and have someone out there who is better suited. They have Bouchard, Nielsen and Donovan who can all play the point. I'd put Hickey out there before AMac as well.
Ya, there is no way Amac has contributed to our PP being #1. It would be so much better than that if Donovan was playing point on the first PP.:sarcasm:

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
AMac can handle the PP and top lines if we play Pitt, EASILY.

We don't get powerplays when NBC determines Sid&Co. need the win.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
AMac can handle the PP and top lines if we play Pitt, EASILY.

We don't get powerplays when NBC determines Sid&Co. need the win.

:laugh:

Ya, there is no way Amac has contributed to our PP being #1. It would be so much better than that if Donovan was playing point on the first PP.:sarcasm:

He most certainly has NOT contributed. He's the reason the Isles aren't even better on the PP. Biggest reasons are obvious: Moulson, Nielsen and Tavares. Even Visnovsky hasn't played well on the PP.

And I'm very confident Donovan will be that PP point man before the year is done. Sooner if Capuano is fired, which is unlikely. He's the best guy for the job. Simple.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
It is refreshing to see that many acknowledge Amac's flaws, and his obvious ceiling. Without it being his fault, he is symptomatic of what is wrong with the defense.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
:laugh:

He most certainly has NOT contributed. He's the reason the Isles aren't even better on the PP. Biggest reasons are obvious: Moulson, Nielsen and Tavares. Even Visnovsky hasn't played well on the PP.

And I'm very confident Donovan will be that PP point man before the year is done. Sooner if Capuano is fired, which is unlikely. He's the best guy for the job. Simple.
If Donovan doesn't get over his defensive gaffes he'll be back in BP before the year is done. Someone has to go when Strait and Viz return and he will be the odd man out unless he can turn his defensive game around.

Last edited:

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Wow, I rarely disagree with you Redbull, but since Visnovsky has gone down, I'd dare say MacDonald has almost been doing BETTER than Lubby was doing in that blueline spot on the PP.

I'd hope Donovan could eventually assume that role adequately. I can't say I've been too impressed with him his past few games. He's clearly still in the learning process and it's proving rough at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad