GDT: #10|New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins|October 25 |Horrible Bosses| F/W 4-3

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
not sure why a fan of another team would come here to complain about a third line nobody when their best player already has the mvp locked and their team is above and beyond everyone else, but thanks?

But anyways, our really good offense is showcasing how bad our defense is. This game won't get ugly but this season will soon if we don't fix the d and goaltending. Maybe JT can play D and we can beg DP to come back.:cry::cry::cry:

ktrio730

Nov 25, 2006
Wantagh, New York
I think we should go back to the game day thread on game day. Anyone notice we've been losing since this trend started?

With that being said, great gdt! Clever :handclap:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tanner Glass is playing on our third line. That pretty much puts the advantage in the Islanders' court. Glass is basically our Reasoner/Pandolfo (ie. the guy fans just don't understand how he can even have an NHL roster spot).

Plus there's always the Fleury factor. He's been stellar so far, but he's one booted puck into his own net away from imploding on any given night. His backup doesn't exactly inspire any confidence, either. He's basically an AHL version of Fleury (decent regular season guy, implodes in the playoffs).

you still have Crosby,Malkin,and a damn good defense...

I don't think Tanner glass is the difference between us beating the pens or not, unless he gets a game misconduct and we score a bunch of PP goals on a major penalty...

Except that wont happen because even though we have a top 5 PP in the League we only score PP goals at home...

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I am not sure what you were shooting for on this, but I am pretty sure you achieved the opposite results. :D

As a lurker on the Pens board, STK's post is a mirror of the fan sentiment on the team. As much as they are the class of the east, they think Bylsma is a moron who loves 4th pluggers like Adams and Glass - probably underachieving and zero-talent players like he was, and Fleury sucks. Just honesty.

We have the same on our board.

Cappy was also a zero-talent player who likes grinders who work hard over high skill guys.

Sid is on his "extra" gear this year. Malkin is in slow mode still - hopefully he doesn't wake up against the isles.

I just hope the Isles play with high intensity and emotion - like they did in the playoffs. Then, win or lose, it will be a fun game to watch.

Last edited:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
The key phrase for this game...
"The best defense is a good offense"

Other key phrase... me and my brother will drink Pumpkin beer until we no longer care.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Bouchard and Crosby collide at center ice in warmups and concuss one another, Poulin starts and slap fights his fellow Quebecer, and Kirill Petrov parades around Consol Energy Center on a majestic stallion immediately after signing a seven-year extension with the Isles.

7-3 Pens

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
This game has 7+ goals written all over it...I just hope the Islanders score a few!

At least we'll still have Donovan and Nelson starting rather than sitting it out, the defence looks shaky as hell though. I hope Poulin gets an extended look soon, we know what Nabby is like tired but what is Poulin like when he warms up? Who knows? Maybe we'll find out if he actually plays...

Looking forward to watching this one!

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I think the boys show up tonight. Gonna be a back and fourth game but our D being the way it is right now I think it ends 6-4 Pens.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
The key phrase for this game...
"The best defense is a good offense"

Other key phrase... me and my brother will drink Pumpkin beer until we no longer care.

I like key phrase #2. Matter of fact I'll be joining you with a six of Dogfish

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
from these next 3 games, i would be content with 3 points and ecstatic with 4....getting at least 1 point tonight will put us in a fantastic position to do that..

i would imagine we will come out well, but will it be enough?

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
This game will be the start of us righting the ship.

I call it Islanders win 6-3.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
I am going to try to watch this one without treating my neighbors to my rendition of the "7 words you can't say on television."

This will either be like wearing boxers made of cheerleaders or boxers made of cheese graters. Heart says 5-4 Isles, gut says 6-2 Pens. I'm not saying this because of the opponent, but if the Isles can get their legs on all cylinders and take advantage of the fact that with the bottom six they have, they should be legally knocking the opponent to the ice on several occasions per game, there's a chance - always play *your* game. If if becomes a game of keep-away and they chase the Pens around for 40 minutes, it's already over.

Capuano talks a good game about "Islanders Hockey;" I'd like to see it. I have yet to see this team "take command" of a game the other team (Phoenix) didn't lose for them.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I am going to try to watch this one without treating my neighbors to my rendition of the "7 words you can't say on television."

This will either be like wearing boxers made of cheerleaders or boxers made of cheese graters. Heart says 5-4 Isles, gut says 6-2 Pens. I'm not saying this because of the opponent, but if the Isles can get their legs on all cylinders and take advantage of the fact that with the bottom six they have, they should be legally knocking the opponent to the ice on several occasions per game, there's a chance.

I would just like to see this team win the mental war on this one. Isles did scare the poop out of PIT last year in the playoffs and it took them swapping out Fleury to win. Let's see Isles utilize that to their advantage, stay in PIT's heads, and get a W out of this one.

If Isles get blown out, then it will appear team hasn't made any progress from last year's playoff round.

jdr016

Mar 4, 2007
I'm hearing Zatkoff in net for the Pens. He gave up six against Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->