GDT: #10|New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins|October 25 |Horrible Bosses| F/W 4-3

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Annnnnd our lineup:

@StapeNewsday: Nabokov in goal, Boulton only healthy scratch for #Isles. Martinek in for Strait, who did not make trip. Poulin likely start Sat. vs Flyers.

@StapeNewsday: Hickey-Martinek, Donovan-Carkner to start tonight for #Isles.

Our defense looks scary but not in a good way.. And nabby getting the nod again I'm guessing KP tomorrow at home.

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/393764539243962368
https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/393764336004771840

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Annnnnd our lineup:

Our defense looks scary but not in a good way.. And nabby getting the nod again I'm guessing KP tomorrow at home.

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/393764539243962368
https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/393764336004771840

no idea why capuano would pair donovan with carkner....just doesnt make sense...."oh, lets put our offensive minded, young defenseman, who is still finding his defensive game next to a damn pylon"......what a stooge capuano is

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
no idea why capuano would pair donovan with carkner....just doesnt make sense...."oh, lets put our offensive minded, young defenseman, who is still finding his defensive game next to a damn pylon"......what a stooge capuano is

Then who else is he going to pair with Donovan? Strait is out with an injury and Visnovsky is on IR. With Martinek in the lineup, that's all our of healthy NHL d-men we have currently. Calling Cappy a stooge for making the only moves that he can currently make is unwarranted.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Then who else is he going to pair with Donovan? Strait is out with an injury and Visnovsky is on IR. With Martinek in the lineup, that's all our of healthy NHL d-men we have currently. Calling Cappy a stooge for making the only moves that he can currently make is unwarranted.

we cant split up hickey and martinek, two much more defensively aware defensemen, so that the offensive mided defensemen and pylon both have a little fallback on the other side of the net? i hate to be cynical, i usually try to be positive about the team and really do love the way our forwards are playing, but this is (or should be) pretty elementary lineup decision for an NHL coach...

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
we cant split up hickey and martinek, two much more defensively aware defensemen, so that the offensive mided defensemen and pylon both have a little fallback on the other side of the net? i hate to be cynical, i usually try to be positive about the team and really do love the way our forwards are playing, but this is (or should be) pretty elementary lineup decision for an NHL coach...

ya..lets put our worst dman with the guy who hasnt played hockey in months. balsyma certainly wont be matching Crosby on them all day.

Damned if you, damned if you dont type of situation. I would dress Boulton because this game could get way out of hand. Nabby will have to be stellar

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
ya..lets put our worst dman with the guy who hasnt played hockey in months. balsyma certainly wont be matching Crosby on them all day.

Damned if you, damned if you dont type of situation. I would dress Boulton because this game could get way out of hand. Nabby will have to be stellar

you dont feel more comfortable defensively with martinek on the ice than donovan/carkner?

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Oy vey. Judging by the weirdly incorrect or sarcastic war references, this is going to be a long night.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Umm what? So does that means the islanders will score 0 since the Germans didnt attack Pearl harbor?

He is making a reference to Animal House when John Belushi's character was trying to fire up his fraternity after they were placed on double secret probation, I believe.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think JT is due for one of his big performances either tonight or tomorrow. More likely it will come against Philly, but if we get playoff-version MAF tonight, perhaps we can see a Tavaretrick.

Isles - 6
PIT - 4

Tavares: 3G(one EN) - 2A - 5P

...now watch his point streak end tonight. If that happens I will voluntarily retire from the boards for being the "bad luck guy".

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Lol apologies, I'm asking for fantasy purposes. If he hasn't been moved to wing, then why isn't he taking faceoffs? He literally took 0 faceoffs last game and only 1 the game before that.

Howie and Butch speculated during the last game that he may be battling through some injury.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Faceoffs haven't been his strong point and Bailey used to be a C and has had more success.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Faceoffs haven't been his strong point and Bailey used to be a C and has had more success.

Yeah, Frans has never been very adept on faceoffs. Frans might be dinged up too, but I don't mind Bailey taking the draws for him. Last year when Okposo was paired with Frans, KO took quite a few draws also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad