GDT: 10/30: Boston Bruins @ Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm ET

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You see his face when Lucic grabbed him and stared him down!! :laugh:

Exactly. Not expecting him to throw down with 17, but don't be such an obvious front runner by acting tough with the Krug's of the world and then acting like a deaf mute when Looch gets in your face.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Shouldn't have lost to NJ and lost by 1 to the other best team in the east, no biggie.

Loui will be back in the long run and the Caron experiment won't last forever.

Playoffs are the only thing that matters, and the Bruins will be there, no worries.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This team needs more offense, they should try to swing a trade to get help in the top 6. I would not mind trading Marchand as part of a package to improve the forward group, a guy like Jamie Benn would be awesome in a B's uniform.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
only saw parts of the third period.
once again no offense. no speed. same crap.
This has been going on since February. If they didnt get lucky and score 2 goals in under two minutes against the Leafs, we couldnt use the, "but we got to the finals and choked excuse".

i dont care where you put them, but both spooner and johnson should get a call up.
And they need bart in there instead of mcquaid.

i surprised caron has stayed in the line up this long. please. enough of him.

at least we are back at it tonite.
See what this team is made of. If they pull another sharks game, its gonna get ugly quick.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Shouldn't have lost to NJ and lost by 1 to the other best team in the east, no biggie.

Loui will be back in the long run and the Caron experiment won't last forever.

Playoffs are the only thing that matters, and the Bruins will be there, no worries.

Yeah, this is the marathon. I get bummed when they lose, but they simply can't win every game. However, little things that can be problematic should be worked on. Maybe they need another trip to the Vermont team-building lodge.

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Unlucky 2nd goal... Dupuis tries to get the puck but it went perfectly to Sutter while just jumping over Krug stick for a perfect breakaway entry.

The 3rd goal was an awfull breakout.

Seems Tuukka has problems with high blocker shots...

Marchand with 5sec of PP and Kelly with 45...

Need to win tonight and we get back in 2nd place in the division.

Go B's!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
only saw parts of the third period.
once again no offense. no speed. same crap.
This has been going on since February. If they didnt get lucky and score 2 goals in under two minutes against the Leafs, we couldnt use the, "but we got to the finals and choked excuse".

i dont care where you put them, but both spooner and johnson should get a call up.
And they need bart in there instead of mcquaid.

i surprised caron has stayed in the line up this long. please. enough of him.

at least we are back at it tonite.
See what this team is made of. If they pull another sharks game, its gonna get ugly quick.

This is the team that has ZERO goal scoring abilty, Tuukka better be in the hunt for the veznia or we are in for a long season with this bunch.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Unlucky 2nd goal... Dupuis tries to get the puck but it went perfectly to Sutter while just jumping over Krug stick for a perfect breakaway entry.

Go B's!

Most goalies have that weakness....as a goalie myself, I can relate.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Go B's!

That makes a lot of sence just like it did with the 4th line on the ice with 3m left in the game.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
flipped back and forth between Sox and B's, so I didn't catch every second but I feel like they need to do some simplistic drive to the net and shove home some dirty rebounds; they're not making good enough shots and mediocre goalies have looked like they're having a wonderful night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, this is the marathon. I get bummed when they lose, but they simply can't win every game. However, little things that can be problematic should be worked on. Maybe they need another trip to the Vermont team-building lodge.

Just watched the game and thought they just took too long to get the feet moving. Not sure why under Julien this is often the case (although I am not blaming Julien, it`s the players who have to get it goin).

Either way, I am just not worried about this team, not anywhere near the "issues" that they had last year. Your right, little things that need to be addressed but hardly huge, I wasn`t a fan of Boychuk`s pass to Caron leading to the Sutter turnover/goal, and Krug made a bit of a gaff but small stuff that`s easy to fix

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This team needs more offense, they should try to swing a trade to get help in the top 6. I would not mind trading Marchand as part of a package to improve the forward group, a guy like Jamie Benn would be awesome in a B's uniform.

Why on earth would you trade Marchand for a guy like Benn in an effort to improve the offense.

Marchand has been a more effective goal scorer than Benn in their careers, and Marchand has done it in a defensive system. As we have seen with other players coming from Dallas, their stats are inflated. Benn would struggle to get 20 goals in boston

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Why on earth would you trade Marchand for a guy like Benn in an effort to improve the offense.

Marchand has been a more effective goal scorer than Benn in their careers, and Marchand has done it in a defensive system. As we have seen with other players coming from Dallas, their stats are inflated. Benn would struggle to get 20 goals in boston

True however, one could argue that Benn has put his numbers up playing for a team that has long been pretty much a one line team

Either way, not ready to move Marchand any time soon in spite of my belief he`s been the most disappointing Bruin thus far.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
What an amazing game last night. Great tempo/playoff intensity, etc. Caron's turnover was awful, even I can't defend that one. :laugh:

-Iggy looked great out there, he seems to have a bit of a grudge vs. Pitt.. he looked like he was trying to prove just how poorly he was utilized by Bylsma during his brief stint as a Pen.
-Marshy seems to be back in form as well.
-Hard to blame Tuukka for letting those goals in, especially Sutter's gloveside snipe.

All in all, I was very impressed by our play in spite of losing.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
This is the team that has ZERO goal scoring abilty, Tuukka better be in the hunt for the veznia or we are in for a long season with this bunch.

Thats what I have said, we will live or die by Rask .... trading Seguin just made us a much slower team, Code could never figure out how to use him, I guess the same could be said for Kessel .....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad