GDT: 10/30: Boston Bruins @ Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm ET

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Was that Caron with the "oh no, I insist, you take it" play on the 3rd goal? I thought it was Boychuk for some reason.

Caron started off the season playing like he actually wanted to be part of the team. He trailed off quickly though, and we're back at square one with him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
As a related aside, Crosby is a punk. I can't understand how anyone aside from Pens homers can even remotely like him.

Whiney, dirty, spot picking wuss.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
So much for thinking Caron has changed his game. Maybe give Nick Johnson a shot? Not a huge shakeup but can't hurt anything. Caron's defensive game is not so prolific that we lose a heck of a lot anyways. Johnson outplayed Caron in the preseason IMO anyways.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Jordan Caron needs to be replaced. This game isn't just on him, but it's obvious he's overmatched. Spooner and Johnson were far better hockey players in the pre-season.

Not really. Hes the ideal 13.

Fact is one of these games he'll find his game and have a good 2-3 game stretch when he gets a couple points. Then he'll disappear.

Caron is keeping up our 2nd/3rd lines just lost their stud winger the depth looks OK if not ideal.

The only option is Spooner on the Bergeron line. I'd try it now but if we want to wait then so be it.

Thats really the only move to make this is a veteran team ready to win.

Caron, Spooner, and Johnson are all that it looks like we have ready to contribute this year. Its not a huge deal waiting to go to plan B or C given theres not much behind that.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Johnson....-calls out to the distance- Oh Johnson!

Seriously though...Caron loses a fight, and leaves Tuukka out to dry. Again.

Just went on to the Pens board. Remind me to never do that again. :help:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
gotta love that soft play on goal #3 where he allows jussi jokinen to emasculate him. i've seen enough of caron. time to ditch this guy is bang-on.

that play was bad. very bad.

I get kids are going to make mistakes. someone like krug will without a doubt screw up defensively, but his offensive play and long-term upside make it okay. Caron on the other hand is no longer a new kid, and he doesn't seem to be getting any better.

bring up spooner. third line as kelly spooner soda with kelly taking draws. kaboom. do it. you could easily make an argument that is a 'skilled' line that spooner needs as both kelly and soda have offensive upsides (at times anyway). he would also have kelly to help defensively and soda brings size.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Campbell without point in eleven games. Thornton, one point. Paille can't score on breakaway. Oh, and play Bartkowski.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Smith.
Third line.

Cannot score at all. Same story. Time to move Smith off that second line. Give Soderberg a shot up there and put Smith on the third line. The goal graveyard line.

At least Smith battles hard and competes,I don't see that from Soderberg.I don't particularly like Caron or Soderberg in the lineup right now.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Jordan Caron needs to be replaced. This game isn't just on him, but it's obvious he's overmatched. Spooner and Johnson were far better hockey players in the pre-season.

Sick of seeing his mug. Time to cut losses but it looks as though Chia doesn't want to give up yet another first round pick for practically nothing. They'd be lucky to get a third round pick for him IMHO but who knows, Chia has turned chicken poo into chicken salad in the past. Johnson definitely
had a hell of a pre-season so I'd like to see him back again. Anyone know how he's doing in Providence lately?

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Sick of seeing his mug. Time to cut losses but it looks as though Chia doesn't want to give up yet another first round pick for practically nothing. They'd be lucky to get a third round pick for him IMHO but who knows, Chia has turned chicken poo into chicken salad in the past. Johnson definitely
had a hell of a pre-season so I'd like to see him back again. Anyone know how he's doing in Providence lately?

6g 2a in 8 games. I don't think it would hurt to bring him up.

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
With those numbers, why isn't he already up?

I have no idea. Only thing I can think of is what others on here are saying. Claude isn't willing to give up on Caron yet. I thought Nick was better in pre season and he is showing well in Providence. Seems like a no brainer and hopefully the Bruins pick up on it and get him to the big club soon. Caron has run out of chances.

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
As a related aside, Crosby is a punk. I can't understand how anyone aside from Pens homers can even remotely like him.

Whiney, dirty, spot picking wuss.

You see his face when Lucic grabbed him and stared him down!! :laugh:

SaskBruin

Evaluation Nation
Sep 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't know if Johnson is the answer either. But I'm pretty confident at this point that Caron is NOT.

Caron may very well flourish with another organization. But I'd like to see his time in Boston as a memory.

I know he wouldn't be putting up those numbers here but I think that he would have to be an upgrade over Caron...

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Was that Caron with the "oh no, I insist, you take it" play on the 3rd goal? I thought it was Boychuk for some reason.

Caron started off the season playing like he actually wanted to be part of the team. He trailed off quickly though, and we're back at square one with him.

That's because he was fighting for a spot with CS. CS's injury gave him a spot and a shot. After CS got better he went back up stairs. Now after Loui got hurt there was no one else fighting with him for a spot so he can slack off.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
The good:

- Thought Marchand and Bergy were on it tonight. Maybe the best Marchy has played all year. He's coming around.

- Iggy was great. Watching work over Crosby was awesome.

- Seidenberg played well.

- We are the best team in the league with the goaltender pulled.

The bad:

- Jordan Caron brings absolutely nothing. He is slow. Is not that physical. The third period turnover was ****ing terrible. I don't CARE if Spooner is a center, get his ass up here, now. If anything he will add more speed to this line up.

- The Merlot line is doing dick. I think Thornton needs to have a seat. Just for a game. Shake them up a bit.

- Krug took a horrible angle on the Sutter goal (what's with Sutter picking corners once a year against us and doing generally nothing the rest of the time). He got turnstyled a few times. Fatigue? I don't think he should play all 82. I'd give him tomorrow off, just for the rest. We have depth, there is no way any defenseman should play al 82.

- Nice dive Tanner Glass. Dude, leapt into the wall after Thornton rubbed against him. Guess you can never get the Canuck out of a guy fully.

We've lost two straight, we are getting no puck luck and we have the ducks waiting for us.

It's a long year.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Not really. Hes the ideal 13.

Fact is one of these games he'll find his game and have a good 2-3 game stretch when he gets a couple points. Then he'll disappear.

Caron is keeping up our 2nd/3rd lines just lost their stud winger the depth looks OK if not ideal.

The only option is Spooner on the Bergeron line. I'd try it now but if we want to wait then so be it.

Thats really the only move to make this is a veteran team ready to win.

Caron, Spooner, and Johnson are all that it looks like we have ready to contribute this year. Its not a huge deal waiting to go to plan B or C given theres not much behind that.

Whaaa?? I would think the ideal 13 would be someone you can count on to jump in and contribute when someone gets hurt. That simply isn't happening so I fail to see how he is ideal.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I don't know if Johnson is the answer either. But I'm pretty confident at this point that Caron is NOT.

Caron may very well flourish with another organization. But I'd like to see his time in Boston as a memory.

The guy was signed. He performed extremely well in pre season. He has performed extremely well in AHL. How will we know if he is answer or not until we give him a shot. Can't be much worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad