GDT: 10/30 7:30 PM Game 9 - Bruins @ Florida Panthers - NESN, FOX-FLORIDA, WBZ-FM 98.5

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Talbot was a +4 with 2 assists I'd recall him and hope he plays like that Detroit preseason game

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Looked to me that Marchand just love tapped him w/ Kulikov on bambi legs completely gassed out, thus eating the boards. Sucks for both of them, really. Don't think it was Marchand's objective to plant him like that.

Won't surprise me if Brad sits b/c of the resulting injury and the rep. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
He won't get suspended. Wasn't malicious, wasn't an aggressive shove and Kulikov jumped into the boards like it was his long lost mother.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
At least this team is shift in and shift out exciting. Last season was an abomination. There is tons of compete in this year's team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
that's what the sharks pick is for now. the bruins are picking 14th and beating montreal in 5.

I could see that

Bruins with their full lineup can win any night

I love the third line- Beleskey and Hayes are right where they belong playing just how I hoped

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Where does it say he got a match penalty? My NHL boxscore says it was a game misconduct.

Hopefully they don't suspend him-I've seen worse boardings with little more than 2 minutes.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I could see that

I love the third line- Beleskey and Hayes are right where they belong playing just how I hoped

the team looks to be playing just like the brass wanted. lots of goals. I've been entertained so far. Only the Habs game was brutal.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I could see that

Last year's Bruins team had their heart ripped out before the season began and never recovered.

This team won't quit this year - I can feel it.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Where does it say he got a match penalty? My NHL boxscore says it was a game misconduct.

Hopefully they don't suspend him-I've seen worse boardings with little more than 2 minutes.

Haggs tweeted it was match, then noted it had been changed to 5 and a game in a later tweet.

I liked during the PK Z just got mugged in the corner with an infraction that had already been called 5 times in that game and nothing. Oh well :laugh:

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Can someone explain what a match penalty is?

The ref calls a match penalty if he thinks the player deliberately tried to injure another player with a dirty hit.
The player is ejected from the game and his team is penalized for 5 min. The DOPS reviews the call and the player is suspended by default.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
At least this team is shift in and shift out exciting. Last season was an abomination. There is tons of compete in this year's team.

Tonight's game was far from exciting :laugh: but I tend to agree with you, hoping tonight was just a blip, looked like they switched off for the 3rd with the game tomorrow in the back of their mind.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Five minutes should be tacked on the end of the pre-game skate in Tampa to practice clearing the puck without shooting it over the glass. ;)

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I could see that

Quite happy with Beleskey and Hayes as well. They were jamming the net all night. I think that line will be fine, especially as Spooner grows into a more complete player as the season goes along, hopefully.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone catch Reilly Smith in that segment between the 2nd and 3rd periods on the Florida feed? He said he was 'on his boat' July 1 when he got news he was traded, and he was informed by his seven year old nephew (?).

When asked to rate his level of shock on a scale of 1 to 10, he said 9.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Even on their most boring nights this season it is more exciting than any games last season.

I love watching this team play. I love the PP-and the team seems to be gelling right now. The defense is still going to have some breakdowns given their youth but as a whole this team is entertaining and I think if Sweeney can build the team he invisions it's going to eventually be a top contender again.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Anyone catch Reilly Smith in that segment between the 2nd and 3rd periods on the Florida feed? He said he was 'on his boat' July 1 when he got news he was traded, and he was informed by his seven year old nephew (?).

When asked to rate his level of shock on a scale of 1 to 10, he said 9.

Not sure what's wrong with this statement?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I really hope we keep this top9 together, it's just clicking and so entertaining(best in the league right now :laugh: ), but the 4th line didn't impress a whole lot today.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Tonight's game was far from exciting :laugh: but I tend to agree with you, hoping tonight was just a blip, looked like they switched off for the 3rd with the game tomorrow in the back of their mind.

I thought the first 2 periods were great to watch as a fan. They sort of just buckled down in the 3rd.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
the team looks to be playing just like the brass wanted. lots of goals. I've been entertained so far. Only the Habs game was brutal.

You said it, they're entertaining. Shocked they're scoring the way they are, and especially on the PP. How long has it been since we had a dangerous PP? Since we lost Savard a B's PP was a pretty good time to make a tinkle, get a beer, put the dog out, etc. Now it's lighting people up before they know what happened to them. Krug and Spoons, what a difference. But tonight it was the #2 PP getting it done.

Cautiously optimistic here. Especially regarding the D. It's kind of like what Dennis Miller said a/b playing Risk w/ Charlie Manson, "One minute you're thinking - hey Charlie's doing ok and making some nice moves here. Then he suddenly jams the dice up his ass".

The good thing tonight was, when they did start to get into trouble Tuukka was there.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
You said it, they're entertaining. Shocked they're scoring the way they are, and especially on the PP. How long has it been since we had a dangerous PP? Since we lost Savard a B's PP was a pretty good time to make a tinkle, get a beer, put the dog out, etc. Now it's lighting people up before they know what happened to them. Krug and Spoons, what a difference. But tonight it was the #2 PP getting it done.

Cautiously optimistic here. Especially regarding the D. It's kind of like what Dennis Miller said a/b playing Risk w/ Charlie Manson, "One minute you're thinking - hey Charlie's doing ok and making some nice moves here. Then he suddenly jams the dice up his ass".

The good thing tonight was, when they did start to get into trouble Tuukka was there.

Holy hell man, I remember that bit and recalling it now in that context had me in tears. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad