GDT: 10/30 7:30 PM Game 9 - Bruins @ Florida Panthers - NESN, FOX-FLORIDA, WBZ-FM 98.5

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is it time for a Claude appreciation thread yet? :laugh: We were quick enough to chew him out last year. The guy said he'd change and he has, this team is full of points now

When he fixes that D setting :laugh:

It's great to see him doing well, but at the same time our top9 move happened due to injury and last night on the 3rd we went back to last years defensive style, without Rask I don't know if we could have won this.

I know I've wanted to fire him but there aren't better options available.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When he fixes that D setting :laugh:

It's great to see him doing well, but at the same time our top9 move happened due to injury and last night on the 3rd we went back to last years defensive style, without Rask I don't know if we could have won this.

I know I've wanted to fire him but there aren't better options available.

Shots on goal in the third were 18-14. Hardly seems like a defensive style.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Call the play, not the result.

It was an unnecessary shove by Marchand, but that's all it was. A light shove from behind, which inexplicably knocked Kulikov (a pretty big guy) to his knees. I have seen Marchand make dirty plays before, but there appeared to be no intent there.

Agreed.

Its inexplicable.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
Is it time for a Claude appreciation thread yet? :laugh: We were quick enough to chew him out last year. The guy said he'd change and he has, this team is full of points now

This reminds me of the 2008-2009 team when Claude started activating the D offensively a lot more than before b/c he had more talented players he could rely on to get back when needed.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
NHL.com gives us the Panthers feed

[NHL]2015020150-X-h[/NHL]

Everybody play at 3:41.
What an idiot this Florida announcer is. They got two 5 on 3's in a row and he's complaining that Florida's not getting any calls. Purely moronic.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Everybody play at 3:41.
What an idiot this Florida announcer is. They got two 5 on 3's in a row and he's complaining that Florida's not getting any calls. Purely moronic.

Yep, they were painfully bad last night, they also showed the wrong penalty replie last night, Smith when Pirri took the penalty and they went on and on about it how bad penalty it was, it was painfull.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
You said it, they're entertaining. Shocked they're scoring the way they are, and especially on the PP. How long has it been since we had a dangerous PP? Since we lost Savard a B's PP was a pretty good time to make a tinkle, get a beer, put the dog out, etc. Now it's lighting people up before they know what happened to them. Krug and Spoons, what a difference. But tonight it was the #2 PP getting it done.

Cautiously optimistic here. Especially regarding the D. It's kind of like what Dennis Miller said a/b playing Risk w/ Charlie Manson, "One minute you're thinking - hey Charlie's doing ok and making some nice moves here. Then he suddenly jams the dice up his ass".

The good thing tonight was, when they did start to get into trouble Tuukka was there.

Yep. D will be tough to take many times. This team will need the 2013 Tuukka to have a chance. If they get that and some good health it could be a fun ride.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I have to say I am impressed with fact that Marchand thread on main board is only 6 pages and filled mostly with rational discussion and admission the hit itself wasn't worthy of an attempted murder charge. I was positive I was going to wake up to part II.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Call the play, not the result.

It was an unnecessary shove by Marchand, but that's all it was. A light shove from behind, which inexplicably knocked Kulikov (a pretty big guy) to his knees. I have seen Marchand make dirty plays before, but there appeared to be no intent there.

Although I didn't think there was a blatant attempt by Marchand to injure Kulikov, it was still a dirty hit from behind, knocking Kulikov's face into the boards, and breaking his nose.

Backstabbing players into the boards is dangerous, and has to be taken out of the game.

Marchand deserves at least a one game suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad