GDT: 10/3 Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders - Bridgeport CT 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
But that's cool though, send them all back down.
Gagne will be so good once he learns to skate with his oxygen tank.
I know watching the young kids play is fun and all but let's be real here. The coaching staff know what they are doing. Scoring a goal in a preseason game doesn't mean you can succeed in the grueling regular season and playoffs. A guy like Gagne has shown he's capable of playing in the NHL.

A lot of teams have a bunch of exciting young players but still bomb each year because they're not consistent and they can't defend / can't play as a team.

But in the long run, I think Smith is only one notch below Seguin or Kessel. Pastrnak will take some time too, but he will be good in time.
You'd think if a player reminds you of Seguin or Kessel, he will get traded soon. Offensive difference makers, especially ones with a 'personality', get shipped out no matter how talented they are.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
really liked Spoons game. He was a threat almost every shift. Koko was very impressive out there, made a lot of very heady plays in the offensive zone. Very impressed by his hockey IQ. I also thought that Pastrnak played a good game. Definitely need some more bulk tho.

Subban was pretty damned solid...I honestly think that he has outplayed Svedberg thus far. Kid is good.

Smitty...well that was just unfair.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I mean jay pandolfo used to be a solid two way guy too, not sure id take him over spooner at this point

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Even more proof - if it was needed - that the young forwards were not mishandled by their coach in Providence.

Wrong.

If this was Providence. We'd have Rob Flick and random ECHLers playing on the 1st and 2nd line while our high draft picks sit on the bench.

But then again, you keep saying Cassidy did nothing wrong down at the Dunk so I guess nothing will change your mind.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I know watching the young kids play is fun and all but let's be real here. The coaching staff know what they are doing. Scoring a goal in a preseason game doesn't mean you can succeed in the grueling regular season and playoffs. A guy like Gagne has shown he's capable of playing in the NHL.

Gagne looks more than ready for his grueling two dozen regular season games.

Last edited:

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Man, the kids were fantastic tonight. Gonna make it very, very hard for management to send them down.

Smiths goal...gorgeous.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Koko looked the most impressive to me, noticed him on both sides of the puck. Pastrnak was good on the offensive side of the puck, but he was invisible in the defensive end. No way he makes this team this year, if anyone was expecting him to.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Two things from tonight's game: Goal scoring offence will be big part of future identity of Boston. Even more proof - if it was needed - that the young forwards were not mishandled by their coach in Providence.

Sorry to burst your bubble E, but the stuff that was on display tonight, the offensive skill and speed, is not something that is coached.

The defensive stuff, back pressure, positioning, etc., that Clode demands has not been there, otherwise Spooner would already be with the big club. That's why Pandolfo is there. If Cassidy AND Dean were doing the job with the F's, he wouldn't be needed and Sweeney wouldn't be the new Sheriff in town.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bc cj likes to roll out 4 lines, you can't have even one guy that cannot play above avg defense. Doesn't mind getting dirty to dig out the puck.

Spooner while an offensive machine is a below avg defender and not consistently willing to battle along the boards. Even though he is small there is no excuse. Look at guys like Marchand , Recchi (when he played), Gionta etc.

I'm hoping that Spooner can succeed in these aspects of the game and come up very soon. He is like a smaller Seguin. Electrifying offensive player

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Just finished watching the game. Spooner was the biggest standout on offense. Quite clearly IMO. Don't know if he got credit for it, but he also made the key play on Griffith goal by picking off neutral zone pass and moving puck to Kelly.

The group of Pastrnak, Spooner, Griffith, and Khoklechev are all legit top-6 caliber talents.

Soderberg looked great. Faster and stronger. Lucic slowly getting his game back. Thought those two showed good chemistry. Smith can play anywhere in the lineup and be effective IMO. Has a head for the game and an incredible set of hands. Griffith should be looking at him to mold his game after.

Subban is going to be a good one. Hope it's with the Bruins.....

Good on Caron taking one for the team. Shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL team, but good on him. Looks 10X worse than the 19 year old version of himself as a hockey player. Should have had Robins dressed. Caron and Gagne should be the next two cuts IMO.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just finished watching the game. Spooner was the biggest standout on offense. Quite clearly IMO. Don't know if he got credit for it, but he also made the key play on Griffith goal by picking off neutral zone pass and moving puck to Kelly.

The group of Pastrnak, Spooner, Griffith, and Khoklechev are all legit top-6 caliber talents.

Soderberg looked great. Faster and stronger. Lucic slowly getting his game back. Thought those two showed good chemistry. Smith can play anywhere in the lineup and be effective IMO. Has a head for the game and an incredible set of hands. Griffith should be looking at him to mold his game after.

Subban is going to be a good one. Hope it's with the Bruins.....

Good on Caron taking one for the team. Shouldn't be anywhere near the NHL team, but good on him. Looks 10X worse than the 19 year old version of himself as a hockey player. Should have had Robins dressed. Caron and Gagne should be the next two cuts IMO.

I like Subban alot. Kind of reminds me of Timmy. Lightning quick reflexes

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Any quotes from Claude yet? Genuinely curious what he saw tonight behind the bench. I was seriously impressed by our future tonight more than at any point in the past decade or so. Even more than when we knew we had Seguin and Hamilton on their way... because the quantity AND quality appears to be there for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad