GDT: 10/3 Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders - Bridgeport CT 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
great stick, good speed, not NHL ready

Soft on his feet for sure. A few stick on stick battles he would lose his footing due to sheer strength mismatches it appeared. But I'm honestly impressed. Glad I got to see what all the fuss was about. Cant wait to see him in a Bs uni. Whenever that may be.

Banshee

Apr 23, 2014
Concord, NH
Best moment of the night... turning off the game, and that noise stopping forever.

Spooner, Smith, Kelly, Bart, Subban all stood out for me tonight. Griffith was good, as was Krug, Pastrnak solid if not inspiring, hope he plays tomorrow night on the big screen. Caron, after having some bright spots this pre-season, was back to suck. Miller won't get a suspension when that horrible video shows he didn't really do much.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Im actually excited to see Pastrnak next game... seems like he started shaky but is lookin pretty impressive... I guess I just gotta remember hes been out for a while and everyone else has been playing a few games

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Clode must be dying inside all these young kids are really something!

I wonder if he'll say something about Spooner after the game.

OutspokenMinority*

Pastrnak reminds me of that kid from a few years ago. surface level at least. i'm sure he doesn't have the same shot but he's got those lightning quick hands and appears to have good speed and offensive instincts. he was totally gassed at the end though and had a badly blown assignment right in the slot. that's probably 2 years Claude probation. maybe longer.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Two things from tonight's game: Goal scoring offence will be big part of future identity of Boston. Even more proof - if it was needed - that the young forwards were not mishandled by their coach in Providence.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Thoughts on Pastrnak? IMO I honestly think he looks great for a guy whose missed A LOT of camp. His defensive plays have been pretty solid. Which really impressed me. Easy plays out of the zone. Not losing many battles at all.

Good instincts, very involved in the play. Showed nice vision on a couple of plays,. Not afraid to get his nose dirty. Only slightly above average speed. Nowhere even close to ready for the NHL.

He's more Reilly Smith than Tyler Seguin. Smith took 4 development years before he was the player he was last year. But in the long run, I think Smith is only one notch below Seguin or Kessel. Pastrnak will take some time too, but he will be good in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad