GDT: 10/3 Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders - Bridgeport CT 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
2nd to last preseason game in Bridgeport, CT at 7:30 tonight.

As far as I know, it will not be broadcast...

I doubt Chris Kelly will score on a short handed penalty shot this year but a win tonight would be spectacular..:)

Simply Amazing

Note: Tomorrow is the last preseason game vs Detroit. It will be on NHL Network, NESN and 98.5 FM The Sports Hub. It is in Boston and starts at 5:30pm. Plan accordingly!

Islanders lineup for tonight per the Islanders board:

30 - Chad Johnson*

60 - Kevin Poulin*

Defensemen:
4 - TJ Brennan*
24 - Kevin Czuczman*
33 - Andrey Pedan*
42 - Scott Mayfield
46 - Matt Donovan*
55 - Aaron Ness

Forwards:
18 - Ryan Strome
21 - Kyle Okposo*
28 - Johan Sundstrom*
29 - Brock Nelson*
48 - Kael Mouillierat
49 - Sebastian Collberg*
56 - John Persson*
59 - Brett Gallant*
66 - Joshua Ho-Sang*
71 - Michael Dal Colle*
72 - Ross Johnston*
91 - John Tavares*

Ocho's in net!

Per Bruins Website:

Expected Traveling Roster For Friday, October 3 (*subject to change):

FORWARDS: Jordan Caron, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek, Seth Griffith, Chris Kelly, Alexander Khokhlachev, Milan Lucic, Dan Paille, David Pastrnak, Reilly Smith, Carl Soderberg, Ryan Spooner

DEFENSEMEN: Matt Bartkowski, Chris Breen, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Dennis Seidenberg, Zach Trotman, David Warsofsky

GOALTENDERS: Malcolm Subban, Niklas Svedberg

Last edited:

GForce128

Feb 14, 2012
Colchester, VT
Not sure if 98.5 has a radio broadcast, but the Radio station that broadcasts the Islanders said they'd be carrying the Bridgeport game on their twitter account.

WRHU Sports

‏@WRHUSports
WRHU Sports will also be your home for #Isles Preseason games v. CAR, BOS (in Bridgeport), and at NJD! Look out for more details.

Link to their web stream

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No easy coverage is what sucks about the pre season.

I suspect the JV team will mostly be playing tonight but well see.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Not sure if 98.5 has a radio broadcast, but the Radio station that broadcasts the Islanders said they'd be carrying the Bridgeport game on their twitter account.

WRHU Sports

‏@WRHUSports
WRHU Sports will also be your home for #Isles Preseason games v. CAR, BOS (in Bridgeport), and at NJD! Look out for more details.

Link to their web stream

I will definately have to check that out.. Just annoying we can't get to watch these games.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
@MarkDivver: Word is that Spooner, Koko, Florek, Griffith, Trotman, Breen will play for Boston vs. Islanders in Bridgeport tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
@MarkDivver: Word is that Spooner, Koko, Florek, Griffith, Trotman, Breen will play for Boston vs. Islanders in Bridgeport tonight.

Looks like most of the big names are being spared the bus ride to Bridgeport.

stocker

Mar 9, 2004
Isles called up Brett Gallant for tonights game. Bruins better dress Robbins.:)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Looking at the Bruins line up its essentially the Providence Bruins-although the bubble Bruins.

The defense looks brutal.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Looks like Pastrnak and the rest of the kids are in tonight. Will be interesting to see who all dresses.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Islanders website states the game will be streamed on IslandersTV. Pastrnak, Spooner, Griffth, Koko. Hopefully we get to see it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Per Bruins Website:

FORWARDS: Jordan Caron, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek, Seth Griffith, Chris Kelly, Alexander Khokhlachev, Milan Lucic, Dan Paille, David Pastrnak, Reilly Smith, Carl Soderberg, Ryan Spooner

DEFENSEMEN: Matt Bartkowski, Chris Breen, Torey Krug, Kevan Miller, Dennis Seidenberg, Zach Trotman, David Warsofsky

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Looking at the Bruins line up its essentially the Providence Bruins-although the bubble Bruins.

The defense looks brutal.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Shame that the good people of Bridgeport paid to see an AHL game - and, apparently, it sold out! I get that there are going to be gaps because you need to let the young ones have a chance to shine, and you don't want to burn out the guys pre-season, but not having any of what I'd consider to be the four core guys (Krejci, Bergeron, Chara, Rask) is just a little bit silly. Throw them a bone and put ONE of then in!

Is that going to be another one of those situations where we can't watch it unless we do so from three blocks away from the arena?

I'd like to think NESN/NHL has their head out of their collective no-no zone and waives the whole - after all, their offerings during the game on NESN are poker, MMA, and...paging irony...a Behind the B rerun. Please, just let us watch the game in peace!

Will common sense reign, and will we be able to watch the game? I'll let Star Wars make my prediction...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hope Butch Goring is doing PBP.

<3 Butchisms

My guess is they will have the b-team or c-team doing commentary(ie either Islanders radio broadcaster, website dude or the Bridgeport broadcasters), it will be rather piss poor production values

Is that going to be another one of those situations where we can't watch it unless we do so from three blocks away from the arena?

I live in Canada and have had no problem watching games streamed on ITV, so you should be fine in Boston

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Per Bruins Website:

When you're dressing no tough guys, be sure to dress Milan Lucic in a preseason goon game. -- Claude Julien

Can't believe we are days away from the season, the Sox are irrelevant, the Pats blow right now, Celtics suck, and there is no coverage of the one good team in New England right now.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Miss October

Sep 28, 2014
Connecticut
This is my first post here, and tonight is my first Bruins game. I understand that is pre-season, but it would have been nice to have gotten one or two more core players in the lineup tonight. I'm a bit disappointed.

But I am looking forward to seeing Pastrnak. I'm wondering who they will put him on a line with...

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
This is my first post here, and tonight is my first Bruins game. I understand that is pre-season, but it would have been nice to have gotten one or two more core players in the lineup tonight. I'm a bit disappointed.

But I am looking forward to seeing Pastrnak. I'm wondering who they will put him on a line with...

Welcome to insanity land and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad