GDT: 10/29/2019 | Game 13 | Red Wings vs. Oilers | 7:30 EST | FSN

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Helm 2 minutes for getting interfered with
meh. Helm used his free hand to reach over and grab McDavid practically by the leg, though he did take a glove to the head for his efforts.

Plus you knew there was gonna be some makeup calls so the Wings don't get too far ahead in the PP department while up 2 goals.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Hirose on PP1 and Mantha on PP2 is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen in my life.

Can anyone attempt to justify this for me, because I don't get it...

PP1 has taken 1:30 of every PP, so we have our most dangerous sniper and best natural shooter getting 30 seconds or less every PP. It's nonsense.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Is AA using a wrong-handed stick or something??

or as Mick would say, he's squeezing the sawdust out of his stick.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hirose on PP1 and Mantha on PP2 is one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen in my life.

Can anyone attempt to justify this for me, because I don't get it...

PP1 has taken 1:30 of every PP, so we have our most dangerous sniper and best natural shooter getting 30 seconds or less every PP. It's nonsense.

It’s not a horrible decision to try to have two units capable of scoring, but you have to allocate the time to your best goal scorer. I think that’s the biggest problem right now. The powerplay should run entirely through Mantha until he can’t skate

Reactions: The Wizard of Oz

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I get that you’re mostly playing with scrubs but holy hell AA will never get going trying to beat 4 guys every time he touches the puck.

Reactions: Oddbob
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It’s not a horrible decision to try to have two units capable of scoring, but you have to allocate the time to your best goal scorer. I think that’s the biggest problem right now. The powerplay should run entirely through Mantha until he can’t skate

I get what you are saying, but if you look around the NHL, teams stack PP#1, and then PP2 gets the leftovers. There is no sense in trying to balance the units, because the 1st unit usually gets the bulk of the time. . You need to stack 1 unit, and give them 1:15-1:30, and then let your 2nd unit get the rest.

Regardless, Mantha absolutely needs to be on the first unit. If Blashill wants to balance it, throw Bert on the 2nd unit. It's an absolute waste to have Mantha on the 2nd unit.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I get what you are saying, but if you look around the NHL, teams stack PP#1, and then PP2 gets the leftovers. There is no sense in trying to balance the units, because the 1st unit usually gets the bulk of the time. . You need to stack 1 unit, and give them 1:15-1:30, and then let your 2nd unit get the rest.

Regardless, Mantha absolutely needs to be on the first unit. If Blashill wants to balance it, throw Bert on the 2nd unit. It's an absolute waste to have Mantha on the 2nd unit.

I agree, there’s no reason to not use Mantha on the first unit. You asked and I tried. Bylsma is an enigma.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Man AA is snakebitten...I'm still confident he'll score 20 this year. In a contract year where the team is laughable, I'm ok if he doesn't light it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad