GDT: 10/29/2019 | Game 13 | Red Wings vs. Oilers | 7:30 EST | FSN

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Gratz on the win you guys. Got a question, is there a reason why so many Wings fans wear orange toques to the game? At first I thought they were Oilers fans until I saw your logo on them. JW why they aren't red.
Orange hat guy was a staple at JLA. I'm fairly confident he passed away and the giveaway tonight was an ode to him.

Reactions: LazyT and McRpro

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Exactly. Wings won though. Enjoy.

I’ll give you a pass because it’s not worth my time. I’ll just leave you with a reminder that you went after Larkin in a game that he played very well, over a play when the ref missed a high sticking penalty committed on Larkin.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
hickets the type of player that sets the tone for a team , the perfect game face / attitude that provides leadership for the team . makes the game for me when he plays

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I’ll give you a pass because it’s not worth my time. I’ll just leave you with a reminder that you went after Larkin in a game that he played very well, over a play when the ref missed a high sticking penalty committed on Larkin.
8 game losing streak snapped. Go wings.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
hickets the type of player that sets the tone for a team , the perfect game face / attitude that provides leadership for the team . makes the game for me when he plays

It could be something like that. And they also got a good mood from that St. Louis game, which Larkin did mention.

At last season, Hicketts was a disaster on the ice on his games he played. This game was ok.

Nemeth was our best LhD, Hicketts second best, and Daley absolutely horrible.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Since the orange hat guy was brought up, does anyone know if the Wings do anything for the Knitting Lady? She was a staple at wings games, sitting there with her knitting and watching the game.

AA is due to pot one then the flood gates should open.

He's definitely getting some chances out there.

Reactions: jkutswings

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I've heard it during at least two other games.

It's just a high pitched "woooooooo!" every few seconds.

Admittedly only noticed it for the first time tonight, and it was extremely annoying! Makes the crowd seem amateurish which I am sure they were.

Two things I wanna see on Friday

-Perlini in for Ehn
-Cholowski in for Daley

I would change Perlini in for Hirose who continues to suck, despite his easy primary assist to Larkin, after a beauty keep in pass from Bertuzzi.

Glad to see we won, and played well for a whole game and admittedly nice to see McDavid get frustrated by things not going his way. The Oilers sure do get a lot of reputation calls because McDavid and Draisaitl are stars. Both of Helm's penalties were not really penalties, especially not the only penalty. Drai was already falling on the first one, and Helm got elbowed in the head by McDavid which no surprise draws no call. Howard was solid all night, as the Oilers really didn't have many really good scoring chances, and honestly this game was kind of dull after the 2-0 lead, as the chances weren't that high from either team. Legit don't get how Svech or Cholo need to be sent down or benched, as Cholo has played decently this year, and has improved his non offensive game quite a bit from last year, on top of Daley being done at this level, and Hirose not belonging at this level.

One thing I did not like, goes back to Larkin's first season, and something he has improved on since, but still does. That thing is looking for calls, that aren't really calls and then giving up on the play because of it. He made a bad play on the Draisaitl goal, as I don't think he got hit like he acted out and got scored on, and the reaction from him after the goal kind of showed it, as he wasn't arguing a non call, he was pissed at costing the team a goal. Then his next shift he is clearly still pissed and took a dumb penalty that could have cost us the lead. I say all this as an absolute lover of Larkin and the way he plays and I hardly ever have anything negative to say about him. To me this might be the one thing that would make Yzerman and company want to wait on naming him captain as he is still a young kid, and young kids do stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Larkin shouldn't be captain over this or anything like that, just that the looking for penalties that aren't penalties is the one negative that remains in his game from his rookie season where he did it a lot, and is legit the only thing that he does that makes me mad with him, as I don't respect that type of move.

Reactions: NotLeddy

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
McDavid played for over 26 minutes.

:amazed:

Not a good 26 minutes though that is for sure. He just didn't have it tonight and might be the worst I have seen him play. I am also noticing more and more that he really phones it in on defence at times. On the one Larkin play, he was right beside Larkin in our end as Dylan skated it out, and he was legit just coasting while watching Larkin get a scoring chance. It could easily be turned into an Ovechkin controller disconnected gif.

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Larks really backed up his words a few days ago when he said he needed to be better. Glad to see him using his best asset (skating) and controlling the tempo. Bert has found his game again as well!

Poor Mantha went from a top tier line in the league to playing with Fil and AA and also pp2. He’s starting to look real invisible out there

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
As a more neutral Swede I dare to say Nemeth is looking good in the Red Wings sweater.

Great powerful goal, vintage Nemeth. :) Nemeth is a stay at home type of player by heart but I wish he could unleash his very powerful slapshot more often, it's entertaining.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It was WWE night, Ric Flair was shown on the big screen. It was pretty funny, to be honest. But I'm just an amateur so what do I know!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nothing wrong with finding it funny or whatever, just saying to an outsider with no knowledge of what is going on at the arena, it sounds really annoying.

Reactions: TheMule93

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Nothing wrong with finding it funny or whatever, just saying to an outsider with no knowledge of what is going on at the arena, it sounds really annoying.
No doubt, just some advice though; if the outsider has no knowledge of what was going on they should avoid calling an entire group of people amateurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->