GDT: 10/29/2019 | Game 13 | Red Wings vs. Oilers | 7:30 EST | FSN

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don’t think Hronek gets enough credit for exactly how good he is in such a short career.

Tonight was his 59th career game. Not even a full 82 game season’s worth of experience, and he’s playing as the Wing’s #1 defenseman. Playing massive minutes, first powerplay, playing on the PK, putting up fairly consistent numbers.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I just noticed it this game. Had to make sure I wasn’t going insane
One does not exclude the other.

On a more serious note, the team actually managed to play 60 minutes and not have that one bad period that they always have. If they stop chitting the bed for 20 minutes, they might actually win some more games.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
I don’t think Hronek gets enough credit for exactly how good he is in such a short career.

Tonight was his 59th career game. Not even a full 82 game season’s worth of experience, and he’s playing as the Wing’s #1 defenseman. Playing massive minutes, first powerplay, playing on the PK, putting up fairly consistent numbers.
hes joined tuzzi-larkin-mantha as the new wings core , ands also the 4th high hockey iq in that group . thats the only 4 redwings i always trust

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
One does not exclude the other.

On a more serious note, the team actually managed to play 60 minutes and not have that one bad period that they always have. If they stop chitting the bed for 20 minutes, they might actually win some more games.

They definitely took their foot off the gas and fell into a safer, prevent style. I’d like to see them extend the first period’s play style a bit longer.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Gratz on the win you guys. Got a question, is there a reason why so many Wings fans wear orange toques to the game? At first I thought they were Oilers fans until I saw your logo on them. JW why they aren't red.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They definitely took their foot off the gas and fell into a safer, prevent style. I’d like to see them extend the first period’s play style a bit longer.
They had a lead with the league's worst defense and questionable goaltending (not tonight, but in general). WHat would you expect the coach to do?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
They had a lead with the league's worst defense and questionable goaltending (not tonight, but in general). WHat would you expect the coach to do?

Speaking from my opinion, push for more. All prevent structures do is concede opportunities to the other team and limit yours. I prefer playing to win, not playing to not lose.

I definitely get your point though. The team was clearly chasing the win, and wanted to emphasize the defensive aspects to winning games. And to their credit they did phenomenally in executing it.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

That's what happens when the rest of the D sucks. Mike Green averaged 23:38 in his first full season as a 22 YO. (Hronek will be 22 in a few days)

DatsMagic

Feb 21, 2017
Gratz on the win you guys. Got a question, is there a reason why so many Wings fans wear orange toques to the game? At first I thought they were Oilers fans until I saw your logo on them. JW why they aren't red.
Pretty sure they gave those hats out at the gate for this game. Maybe orange for Halloween? Not sure.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
It's on honor of the orange hat guy, a season ticket holder who always wore that hat. He passed away a few years ago.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018

Yeah was orange hat night, LCA has been doing a lot of giveaways for first 1000 or so fans in attendance the past two seasons to get butts in seats. Not a fan of the hat though, personally.

Gg and good luck the rest of the season!

Reactions: McRpro

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Was looking forward to seeing McDavid live for the first time, disappointing effort from him.

Little Joe Hicketts came in and did his job well. Kudos to him. Play Bernier if you want to tank.

Best moment was the crowd booing when AA kicked the puck across the line and they disallowed it. Casuals!

The highs are gonna be high and the lows are gonna be low boys and gals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad