GDT: 10/29/2019 | Game 13 | Red Wings vs. Oilers | 7:30 EST | FSN

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
They just left larkin alone in front of the net. Nemeth just ripped is as hard as he could

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Whether anyone cares to acknowledge it, or agree with it, Cholowski is still on his development curve. Daley is on his retirement track. Blashill is always going to be harder on younger players because he’s a developmental coach and he’s not going to change that philosophy. Benching Daley for poor play doesn’t accomplish anything. Benching Cholowski can be a teaching moment.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of the benching approach, but he’s still managed to develop players fairly well over his tenure. I’ll give Blashill the benefit of the doubt, but the path to returning to a prominent role needs to be made extremely apparent to Cholowski. This isn’t a good coaching strategy if the player doesn’t have a strong understanding of how to improve.
Cholowski spent half of last season in the minors. And he's been in the press box before. I don't really see how this is a teaching moment.

I haven't been on the fire Blashill train but I also don't see what's earned him significant benefit of the doubt in developing prospects.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Cholowski spent half of last season in the minors. And he's been in the press box before. I don't really see how this is a teaching moment.

I haven't been on the fire Blashill train but I also don't see what's earned him significant benefit of the doubt in developing prospects.

He spent the last half of the year in the minors because he looked horrible in the NHL prior to being sent down. He’s spent time in a press box before because he has stretches where he looks like a juniors level defender. The idea is to make it stick mentally of what his best game looks like and what it looks like when it drops.

Like I said, it’s a legitimate coaching concept, and not one that I particularly like, but he’s certainly not the only coach who implements it.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
He spent the last half of the year in the minors because he looked horrible in the NHL prior to being sent down. He’s spent time in a press box before because he has stretches where he looks like a juniors level defender. The idea is to make it stick mentally of what his best game looks like and what it looks like when it drops.

Like I said, it’s a legitimate coaching concept, and not one that I particularly like, but he’s certainly not the only coach who implements it.
Don't get me wrong I think Cholowski wasn't playing well enough and it made sense to send him to the minors last season. And I don't have a problem with the concept of sitting a young player who isn't playing well. It's just this specific instance.

Cholowski's play has seemed much better to me. And honestly I don't see what is gained by sitting him and calling up Hicketts, who will likely have no NHL career outside of Blashill's man-crush on him.

Reactions: Realgud

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
One thing I wanna say is... when Perlini is ready to go (hopefully Friday)... I want him playing with Larkin and Bertuzzi... Darren works hard but no way should he be on that 1st Line

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
One thing I wanna say is... when Perlini is ready to go (hopefully Friday)... I want him playing with Larkin and Bertuzzi... Darren works hard but no way should he be on that 1st Line

He’s good at certain things. I think his speed and effort level play really well as a forechecker and puck retriever, but as soon as the puck hits his stick I feel like it’s magnets repelling each other

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Leading 2-0 halfway through the first, and people are still complaining.

I mean, really.

Tells more about the people, than anything. They need a channel to let all that negativity out from their mind, and one channel is HF boards.

Whiners like to whine in life, no matter what is happening.

Trolls like to troll, because they enjoy trolling.

Good people are usually silent, because they are happy, and do not have any need to fill internet with negativity.

An ugly truth, which is happening everywhere.

Reactions: RedMenace

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

im a big choski backer but hes done so many iffy minutes ive zero complaints about benching him .

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Tells more about the people, than anything. They need a channel to let all that negativity out from their mind, and one channel is HF boards.

Whiners like to whine in life, no matter what is happening.

An ugly truth.
Like it or not the "whiners" are actually discussing hockey, which is the purpose of this forum.

You on the other hand are just being judgmental and off-topic. Another ugly truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad