GDT: 10/20 Detroit Red Wings @ Florida Panthers 7:00 EST

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
All he did was shoot the puck. Any of our other guys would have passed there.

And now Vanek.

Shoot the puck

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I have liked him the last two games. He was one of our best players in the first.

If we are going to send him down, we need to first facilitate a trade for him out of Tri-City at the very least. I want him on a giant junior team if we are optioning him down. Again I don't think he learns a ton down there. I can be talked into the World Juniors being a level I have interest in, but night and night out I don't think he gains much from bullying the WHL.

I didn't see the Tampa game but did hear he played well. Just think he must further develop his skill set if he's gonna have NHL success. Play center all season in junior and not rotate on and off as a winger like he did last year. Get accustomed to handling the puck more, carrying the puck up ice, learn how to better use his body to create time and space. Be a dominant, confident all around offensive player without simply relying on going to the front of the net for the majority of his production. Just have to get more than a net front guy out of the 9th overall pick.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I didn't see the Tampa game but did hear he played well. Just think he must further develop his skill set if he's gonna have NHL success. Play center all season in junior and not rotate on and off as a winger like he did last year. Get accustomed to handling the puck more, carrying the puck up ice, learn how to better use his body to create time and space. Be a dominant, confident all around offensive player without simply relying on going to the front of the net for the majority of his production. Just have to get more than a net front guy out of the 9th overall pick.

question is if blashhill is able to coach him there

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Vanek is such a curate's egg of a player. When his linemates dominate possession or he is on the PP, he looks an absolute beast. When the team is chasing the game, he looks a passenger.

Great to see Cholo having another good game. Even tho it doesn;t show on the scoreboard, Ras is going to contribute to a lot of PP goals - 1) his size and 2) goaltenders have to respect his hand-eye...

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Watching the FS-Florida feed.

I haven't caught the names of the announcers yet, but the color commentator is not very knowledgable about hockey. He thinks anything and everything that happens is a penalty. As frustrating as Mickey can be, he is much better than this clown

Edit:
Also, the Florida fans cheer at the wrong moments, I am sure I don't need to be watching FS-Florida to realize this.

Do you mean HOF'er Denis Potvin?

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I am bad at this, but...

Attachments

• Han Solo.jpg
    Han Solo.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 6

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He can learn that here and frankly because of how we are shaping up to be, I am not sure he isn't a winger long-term here anyway but mostly because of what else we are going to draft. He shifts best out wide of the center prospects.

Awesome play by Detroit, great play by Helm.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Why isn't Hronek playing? Blashill is so dumb. Hronek has looked good in his 6 games, yet our idiotic coach keeps making him a healthy scratch, which will crush his confidence.

Mantha is absolutely useless. I would healthy scratch him for a couple games. He's invisible out there.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad