Big E-Hronek
Kronwall-Jensen

James Howard
*no lines specified today via media*

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Why is everyone so tough on Daley? He came in last game and showed that he's better than most of what the Wings have. He's a better player than Dekeyser, and he's on a better contract. He's the kind of short term vet a team should want in a rebuild. He can be traded for a return. Short of Green, you can't say that about the D vets on this team.

That said, I think Fla sleeps on the Wings...

Detroit 2
Miami 1

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why is everyone so tough on Daley? He came in last game and showed that he's better than most of what the Wings have. He's a better player than Dekeyser, and he's on a better contract. He's the kind of short term vet a team should want in a rebuild. He can be traded for a return. Short of Green, you can't say that about the D vets on this team.

Detroit 2
Miami 1
Agree.And he is also the only multiple cup winner on the team.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
i hope ehn scores tonight. I am impressed by his game and he would deserve to get some recognition

other than that, i'm pretty open to this and think it's almost impossible to predict the outcome. so i say 5-4 Florida, goals on the wings side by nyquist, larkin, vanek and cholowski

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think the wings win tonight, Florida traveling home for a btb against a way lesser team.

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
I wholeheartedly agree.

He's obviously a great team guy; experienced, performs pretty decently, and is definitely someone you'd want young defensemen to look up to. And at this stage of a rebuild, having a ~3mil cap hit for such a guy is not an issue at all. Even if one were to nitpick about contracts, he wouldn't be at the top of the list.

As for the game, if it's not over in two periods, I think we'll have a chance.

Reactions: avssuc and Grimm

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I wholeheartedly agree.

He's obviously a great team guy; experienced, performs pretty decently, and is definitely someone you'd want young defensemen to look up to. And at this stage of a rebuild, having a ~3mil cap hit for such a guy is not an issue at all. Even if one were to nitpick about contracts, he wouldn't be at the top of the list.

As for the game, if it's not over in two periods, I think we'll have a chance.
Abby, Helm, DDK, and even Vanek for me are all above Daley. Hell, Ericsson too. Hell, Frans too. Anyone else lol:laugh:

Reactions: Dexter Colt

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Abby, Helm, DDK, and even Vanek for me are all above Daley. Hell, Ericsson too. Hell, Frans too. Anyone else lol:laugh:
I'd also rank them roughly as:
Abdelkader
Helm/Nielsen
Ericsson

Daley and Ericsson will at least be off the books before they become big hindrances. Nielsen and Helm aren't absolute abominations at the moment, either, but Nielsen in three years can be a bit shitty depending on where the team is. Abdelkader's contract's quite bad already, and it's not like it will get any better in terms of bang for the buck :laugh:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Daley before this season was one of the most unremarkable players I had ever seen. This season he has been a good stabilizing force and a necessary piece of the team. I have no complaints of him this season so far.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
What's the record for winless streak to start the season?

I've been doing research but cannot find an answer just yet. Even historically dreadful teams have won early. For example the '91-'92 Sharks. Lost first 2 games but won game 3 before going on a 13 game losing streak. The '92-'93 Sharks won the first game but lost the next 9.

EDIT: It might be the '83-'84 Washington Capitals. They lost the first 7 games before going on a 5 game win streak. The '75-'76 Capitals opened with a 9 game winless streak but had a tie in game 6. Wings could be on the verge of making history tonight.

Last edited:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

Detroit 2
Miami 1

Because we put him in a spot that asks too much out of him. On a good team he would be a #5 or #4, for a stretch, but with us he is basically asked to be a top 3 guy.. game in and game out.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I definitely don’t get scratching Hronek.

That’s the whole point of this, living and dying by the kids, and Hronek is already better than at least a third of our blue line.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
i quite agree. hronek is potentially on our D of the future and is better than hicketts by a considerable distance in my opinion. oh well...

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad