Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

GoGoSharks

Nov 5, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Anyone have a link to the Shark Byte episode that shows the injury? I can't find it anywhere, it had a segment of both him and Couture mic'd up. He sounded like an angry-hits-anything-that-moves wookie.

It was a pretty awesome segment, plus it showed the injury. I wanted to show it to friends but for the life of me I can't find it online.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
So does anyone still think this isn't a concussion? This sucks.

I still don't think so, but I really have nothing to back it up. Something about it just seems to me that it's a deep fracture, affecting his sinuses. I can imagine that it's very hard to breath and can cause a lot of issues that make it hard to play.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Didn't he have a similar injury to that before that was misdiagnosed and it was really a concussion? All this secrecy makes the whole situation rather suspicious.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I still don't think so, but I really have nothing to back it up. Something about it just seems to me that it's a deep fracture, affecting his sinuses. I can imagine that it's very hard to breath and can cause a lot of issues that make it hard to play.

Not only that, but you want it to really heal as much as possible.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Me too. Like a really really bad broken nose.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Didn't he have a similar injury to that before that was misdiagnosed and it was really a concussion? All this secrecy makes the whole situation rather suspicious.

Yeah, but I'll peg that on the Wild for fubaring that situation. I know our training/medical staff have had their issues as well, but I'm trying my best to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

I may also be due the information they get from Burns himself.

Not only that, but you want it to really heal as much as possible.

No doubt. I've heard of some really bad things involving sinus trauma. Really, really bad things.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
Yeah, but I'll peg that on the Wild for fubaring that situation. I know our training/medical staff have had their issues as well, but I'm trying my best to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.
It is the front office that should be doubted.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Clowe had a facial fracture that developed into sinus problems. He played with a full cage when he came back. I just wonder why Burns is not playing with any added protection if the concern is further injury.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Clowe had a facial fracture that developed into sinus problems. He played with a full cage when he came back. I just wonder why Burns is not playing with any added protection if the concern is further injury.

Maybe he doesn't have a facial fracture.

Having a gum problem like a tooth abscess is actually a pretty significant issue, too. If your gum has an infection (especially on the top half) it can be deadly if not treated properly (Its 3 inches away from your brain!). You certainly don't want a cesspool of bacteria going straight to your brain. It would be best that he sits out and let that fully heal.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
Maybe he doesn't have a facial fracture.

Having a gum problem like a tooth abscess is actually a pretty significant issue, too. If your gum has an infection (especially on the top half) it can be deadly if not treated properly (Its 3 inches away from your brain!). You certainly don't want a cesspool of bacteria going straight to your brain. It would be best that he sits out and let that fully heal.

He would have been on a series of antibiotics that would have run its course by now if there was any sort of infection; usually running for less than 5-7 days.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
It could easily be both. And even if they've got the infection under control it would still be a worry if the rest isn't completely healed.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin too. Could still be a concussion though :laugh:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad