Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Burns isn't even close then if he's still not feeling good some days. He would probably need to go through an entire week without any symptoms before the doctors clear him. If he keeps getting setbacks then it sets the timetable back each time.

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
The quote doesn't scream concussion to me. It just sounds odd all around. Initial reports from the team was along the lines of "he isn't going to be out long", which would be stupid to say imo if a concussion was even remotely a concern. I think it was something they originally thought was minor, but either had a complication, or was worse than they originally thought (but not a concussion).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The quote doesn't scream concussion to me. It just sounds odd all around. Initial reports from the team was along the lines of "he isn't going to be out long", which would be stupid to say imo if a concussion was even remotely a concern. I think it was something they originally thought was minor, but either had a complication, or was worse than they originally thought (but not a concussion).

Maybe as someone alluded to earlier its an infection..it could be something that they can't get rid off.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Guys, having a no contact jersey does not mean jack. An oral suergeon absolutely could demand that a patient does not engage in strenuous physical activity as well.

I know a guy who does MMA and had a tooth abscess. Doctor told him no contact of any kind. Exercise only.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
They may have thought that it was a minor injury at first which would explain the early quotes but then he had concussion symptoms after which is why they're being so secretive now. I'm only speculating, but this wouldn't be the first time a concussion was misdiagnosed early on, and it could be a concussion as well as a sinus issue at the same time.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They may have thought that it was a minor injury at first which would explain the early quotes but then he had concussion symptoms after which is why they're being so secretive now. I'm only speculating, but this wouldn't be the first time a concussion was misdiagnosed early on, and it could be a concussion as well as a sinus issue at the same time.

What concussion symptoms? The fact he feels good some days and other days he doesn't? He no longer has the orange jersey on and was physically involved yesterday with Sheppard.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
So Quick just had an MRI and Darryl Sutter (the coach of the 2012 Stanley Cup Champs) discussed the specific results of them the next day. Remind me again why the Sharks do what they do with regards to injuries?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
So Quick just had an MRI and Darryl Sutter (the coach of the 2012 Stanley Cup Champs) discussed the specific results of them the next day. Remind me again why the Sharks do what they do with regards to injuries?

They read HF and get a kick out of the people believing what they say, and the people that come to their own conclusions.

What concussion symptoms? The fact he feels good some days and other days he doesn't? He no longer has the orange jersey on and was physically involved yesterday with Sheppard.

Burns slashed Shep's wrist and Shep got in his face. There was no other contact reported.

And yeah, back to the orange.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
They read HF and get a kick out of the people believing what they say, and the people that come to their own conclusions.

Burns slashed Shep's wrist and Shep got in his face. There was no other contact reported.

And yeah, back to the orange.

It started by them bumping though. At this rate it could be anything.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
There's an video up at the Shark's video center from yesterday's interview with TMac. It sounds like TMac is getting frustrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad