Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Burnzie had a bad problem with sinuses & breathing that was misdiagnosed as a concussion, or went un noticed after his minor concussion or w.e that kept him out a long time if i remember correctly when he was with the wild, could that be the problem? (not being able to play cause he can't breathe properly/sinus troubles?)

quick edit: i'd imagine all the time he missed not in full gear was waiting for swelling to go down, and now to me it seems he cant fully participate cause he can't fully breathe or something in that nature.

Other way around – Wild staff misdiagnosed him with sinusitis when he in fact had a concussion. He played for 6 weeks with a concussion, then missed the last 19 games of the season.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Burns is practicing today with the team but is wearing an orange 'don't hit me' jersey which means he's still not very close to returning to the lineup.

Edit: And after about 20 or so minutes Burns left practice.

Damn, so he won't be back in time for tomorrow's game as I was hoping.

As a Canucks fan, I'm glad he won't be back to wreck us but as a big Burnzie fan, this is disappointing. :(

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Brent Burns now on IR :cry:

Don't read too much into that. My guess is that the org wanted to open a roster spot in case they need to recall someone.

Burns can come off IR as soon as Sunday if he's (miraculously) ready to play.

Last edited:

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I thought his gum's just hurt??! What is really going on?

nobody knows anything

due to lack of information from the team, we're all just speculating but it's obviously much worse than they initially implied... or maybe they just misdiagnosed it and are now scrambling to make sure that he heals up 100% before they put him back on the ice

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I'm going to go ahead and assume it's a concussion. The ups and downs in his recovery, the misleading details issued by the organization, and Burns saying he's just got to be smart with it. The "sinus" issues sound like they're just rehashing the explanations from his last concussion with Minnesota.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
He needs time to regrow his hair. He'll be back when he looks more like himself.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
I don't get how the teeth/mouth/gums issue even comes close to a "do not hit me jersey" - their is something going on that no one will talk about, must be serious. Must be a concussion.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/RO020240.HTM

Looks like Burns has officially been put on the IR.

(Was still on active roster for Buffalo game.)

Baffled-WWE-Star-Wearing-Dumb-Sunglasses-Indoors.gif

Winky

Jun 17, 2008
This is starting to get ridiculous.

Not sure how much I agree. I definitely see your point Mafoof ... I mean, I understand not wanting to be too detailed with injuries for fear of opposing teams targeting your players. But other teams don't typically seem so tight lipped about these things as the Sharks are.

Concussion? Sinuses? Facial fracture? Teeth? I agree it just seems odd all around.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Not sure how much I agree. I definitely see your point Mafoof ... I mean, I understand not wanting to be too detailed with injuries for fear of opposing teams targeting your players. But other teams don't typically seem so tight lipped about these things as the Sharks are.

Concussion? Sinuses? Facial fracture? Teeth? I agree it just seems odd all around.

One would think they wouldnt be tight lipped about sore gums. There's only one head injury I think they would be tight lipped about

Unless its a great trick and its really a bad ankle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad