Injury Report: 10/19 Burns

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
so we should expect burns to start on defense when he comes back from the injury?

last time he came back from an injury they put him at forward, so its only logical for them to put him back on defense after this injury also lol.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Details about the facial injury that sidelined Burns have been sketchy and at times, a little contradictory. But the damage done Oct. 12 when he caught a goalie stick squarely in the mouth apparently spread to the sinus and nasal areas.

ok then.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
so we should expect burns to start on defense when he comes back from the injury?

last time he came back from an injury they put him at forward, so its only logical for them to put him back on defense after this injury also lol.

He'll be the 5th coach this time.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
I miss Burns so much. On the broadcast they said there was supposed to be an update from Kurz and Brodie on him, did tweedle dee and tweedle dumb have anything worthwhile to say?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I miss Burns so much. On the broadcast they said there was supposed to be an update from Kurz and Brodie on him, did tweedle dee and tweedle dumb have anything worthwhile to say?

All they said was that he was skating with pads this week. Essentially what we already knew. They also added that for a person out for 2.5 weeks you cannot expect them to just get back into a game right away. But they never really gave any timeline.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
All they said was that he was skating with pads this week. Essentially what we already knew. They also added that for a person out for 2.5 weeks you cannot expect them to just get back into a game right away. But they never really gave any timeline.

Honestly I don't really think it would effect Burns much. He does whatever he's going to do anyway so I don't think getting a few practices in is going to make much different in his case. He's out there to cause chaos, he's playing one of the most unique roles I've ever seen a player play. It seems that the team has told him to go out there and just be as insane as possible.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Honestly I don't really think it would effect Burns much. He does whatever he's going to do anyway so I don't think getting a few practices in is going to make much different in his case. He's out there to cause chaos, he's playing one of the most unique roles I've ever seen a player play. It seems that the team has told him to go out there and just be as insane as possible.

I think the "it'll take time for him to get back into the lineup" part is way more about getting his legs and stamina back up then it is about him getting practice time.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
He's out there to cause chaos, he's playing one of the most unique roles I've ever seen a player play. It seems that the team has told him to go out there and just be as insane as possible.

I don't think we've ever had someone of Burn's caliber play that kind of role. It really is actually insane.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I think the "it'll take time for him to get back into the lineup" part is way more about getting his legs and stamina back up then it is about him getting practice time.

I'd rather have Burns playing sheltered minutes (as there is really no risk of re-injury as far as I can tell, its not a joint problem or anything) than having Brown in the line-up. Rare case where I say just throw his ass back in, but I see the argument not to as well.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Burns is practicing today with the team but is wearing an orange 'don't hit me' jersey which means he's still not very close to returning to the lineup.

Edit: And after about 20 or so minutes Burns left practice.

Last edited:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Burns is practicing today with the team but is wearing an orange 'don't hit me' jersey which means he's still not very close to returning to the lineup.

281akc8.gif

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

oh great...

I wonder how many games total Burns AND Havlat have actually been i the line-up together so far since becoming Sharks heh.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Burnzie had a bad problem with sinuses & breathing that was misdiagnosed as a concussion, or went un noticed after his minor concussion or w.e that kept him out a long time if i remember correctly when he was with the wild, could that be the problem? (not being able to play cause he can't breathe properly/sinus troubles?)

quick edit: i'd imagine all the time he missed not in full gear was waiting for swelling to go down, and now to me it seems he cant fully participate cause he can't fully breathe or something in that nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad