GDT: 10/17/2019 Game 7: Detroit Red Wings @ Calgary Flames (9pm EST)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I see the reasoning, time to spread the scoring a little bit. Larkin and Mantha have plenty of offensive abilities, and Helm can keep up and forecheck. Bertuzzi and Nielsen are actually capable linemates for AA. I understand not to break up what works but that's idealistic when everything outside of that one thing is broke. I don't want Helm on the first line on an ideal team but this is far, far from an ideal team.

Helm is actually a lot like Bertuzzi, if you took away the things that make Bertuzzi a good hockey player...the mind for the game and the hands.

Reactions: odin1981 and avssuc

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
We only have 6 goals by players not named Mantha, Larkin, or Bertuzzi so far so I'm ok with trying this out. I think keeping Mantha and Larkin together is the key on that top line and Bert can be moved just about anywhere.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Seeing Helm on that 1st line... idk how I feel about that. He better finish his chances.

I know how I feel. Ugh.

Unfortunately because Babcock saddled Datsyuk with him for an entire season or more, I think this move now counts as "received wisdom" or something -- he can cite the precedent of the alleged best coach in the universe previously playing Helm on the top line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad