Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It all comes down to one game, can the Bruins win? Of course they can. To those quitting on the team and saying they aren't going to bother watching, no problem, hopefully the GDT will be more positive.

It hasn't been fun the last two games to put it mildly but the Bruins also hold the record of playing the most game 7's and winning the Cup, while being down 2-0 games in two of those series. Never say never. I will gladly take another round against the Panthers. I want as much Bruins hockey as possible because October is a long way off.

GO BRUINS!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
All the talk about lessons learned from last season and yet here we are again..

Can they win tomorrow? Absolutely, but can anyone really say they feel good about it?
No , but I’m not giving up until it’s over . I don’t like the way we have arrived at a game 7 , obviously but is anyone truly surprised this series has gone 7 ?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
It is unrealistic to me how Mariner had or has an injured ankle, Mathews and Nylander missed more than 1 game in the series and here we are 3-3. In comparison we are missing Heinen and Peeke but still cannot get the job done.

Every time Monty faces controversy he looks like a deer in the headlights and has no answer or even attempt to rectify.

Thanks goodness this series will be over tomorrow.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1714737241770.png

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Enjoy watching game 7 everyone because I am done watching this group, I feel so bad for Swayman as he has played his heart out but his teammates can't help him by scoring. The centennial season looks to be yet another disappointment. Booooooooooooo to the Bruins!!!
Make sure you keep that same energy if they win game 7 and stay away then

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Simple...keep it simple....dump, chase, forecheck....Pasta needs a breakout game, Swayman needs same excellent effort, McAvoy needs to calm himself, I think we get more powerplays than the leafs next game ..shit evens out. I'm not confident but I am hopeful... Best effort is a must win or lose.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Bruins are cooked. Unbelievable.
It really is. 2 chances to put them away and failed. It's not that they failed that's the worst part. It's how they did. Came out with a horrible start in game 5, sputtered, sorta tried in the 3rd. Rinse and repeat for game 6. Those two games pretty much killed any energy I had going forward. Even if they win game 7, imagine playing like that in front of the Panthers, a much harder hitting and well oiled machine of a team compared to Toronto? Not a whole lot to be excited about.

I hope they win but the enthusiasm is long gone.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It is unrealistic to me how Mariner had or has an injured ankle, Mathews and Nylander missed more than 1 game in the series and here we are 3-3. In comparison we are missing Heinen and Peeke but still cannot get the job done.

Every time Monty faces controversy he looks like a deer in the headlights and has no answer or even attempt to rectify.

Thanks goodness this series will be over tomorrow.
Looks like a big disconnect between coaching snd players.
I dont see this "game plan" being taken to the ice .
Coach just watches the game like the rest of us and then comments on what he didn't like.
McAvoy and Monty alergic to play off hockey or what?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Simple...keep it simple....dump, chase, forecheck....Pasta needs a breakout game, Swayman needs same excellent effort, McAvoy needs to calm himself, I think we get more powerplays than the leafs next game ..shit evens out. I'm not confident but I am hopeful... Best effort is a must win or lose.

The 1st goal is everything tomorrow night, whoever gets it probably has an 80% chance of winning. Unfortunately the Bruins under Monty in their elimination games are incredibly slow starters which dosen't bode well.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It really is. 2 chances to put them away and failed. It's not that they failed that's the worst part. It's how they did. Came out with a horrible start in game 5, sputtered, sorta tried in the 3rd. Rinse and repeat for game 6. Those two games pretty much killed any energy I had going forward. Even if they win game 7, imagine playing like that in front of the Panthers, a much harder hitting and well oiled machine of a team compared to Toronto? Not a whole lot to be excited about.

I hope they win but the enthusiasm is long gone.
I think our plug forwards are a little bigger and actually OK matching up with the Panthers.

D is fine. Goalie an edge. We'll take 1/2 in Florida if we advance.

The disgusting pathetic effort in Game 5 will be the reason we lose but Game 6 we were vastly superior to Toronto and they stole it with a fluke goal after a should be PP it was like the Acciari goal vs St Louis. Game 7 hasn't been played. Maybe we make Woll look like a superstar again IDK but Toronto is missing too much firepower to totally run us out of the building.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I miss the old days when people would bicker about stupid elections for the week of them then we'd all go back to resigning ourselves to being the ants squashed under the thumb of bastard billionaires on both sides that we are.
The billionaires that own these teams are smiling from ear to ear at every extra game the teams play. I doubt they really have real empathy for the fans cheering on multi million dollar players dressed in thousand dollar suits. The fans are the ones that pay the freight and give a crap.

Reactions: BB79

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They do this again tomorrow and the Garden will get ugly real fast..
I actually thought they played well defensively for most of the game just couldn’t get any traction offensively. Need to change it up, too many shots getting blocked. Shouldn’t they be practicing today working on important adjustments for game 7 ?

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I think our plug forwards are a little bigger and actually OK matching up with the Panthers.

D is fine. Goalie an edge. We'll take 1/2 in Florida if we advance.

The disgusting pathetic effort in Game 5 will be the reason we lose but Game 6 we were vastly superior to Toronto and they stole it with a fluke goal after a should be PP it was like the Acciari goal vs St Louis. Game 7 hasn't been played. Maybe we make Woll look like a superstar again IDK but Toronto is missing too much firepower to totally run us out of the building.
Vastly superior and could not even score a goal until the bitter end? They had no answer for the Leafs blocking shots in their defensive zone.

Reactions: Gordoff

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I actually thought they played well defensively for most of the game just couldn’t get any traction offensively. Need to change it up, too many shots getting blocked. Shouldn’t they be practicing today working on important adjustments for game 7 ?
the way they played the last 6 or 7 periods the Bruins would not have beaten the Marlies.
Without a first line center or a true number one Dman ......your goalie can only do so much.
Marchand .....seems to have no leadership partners, no leadership from coaching , or a competent centerman. He's trying but the Bs just lost too much.
Hell of a ride though.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
They do this again tomorrow and the Garden will get ugly real fast..
Keefe is reading Monty's play book like a genius. Neely Sweeney and the other pigeons up in the rafters are watching a rerun of last season's play offs. I don't understand how the Bruins look like world beaters in some cames out skating Leafs to pucks. Next game they look like the Arizona Coyotes. Can't get out of their end. In the regular season the break out looked smooth. Last night it was a dogs breakfast. You could tell early in the first period the Bruins and fans were in for a disappointment.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Keefe is reading Monty's play book like a genius. Neely Sweeney and the other pigeons up in the rafters are watching a rerun of last season's play offs. I don't understand how the Bruins look like world beaters in some cames out skating Leafs to pucks. Next game they look like the Arizona Coyotes. Can't get out of their end. In the regular season the break out looked smooth. Last night it was a dogs breakfast. You could tell early in the first period the Bruins and fans were in for a disappointment.
I think Monty's playbook is one page written in crayon. He just doesn't seem to have any answers once things start to go bad..

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
I am hopeful but realistic. If they don't pull this off, changes must happen. I don't see the angst with 73 and the rest of our Dmen. They are making clears and breaking up plays regularly but our forwards can't produce.
Brick made a great point about the high slot area. The forwards think going to the net means skating hard and ending up with 2-3 ,behind the net and no one in the slot to score on crosses rebounds etc. Some of this has to be on Monty, who must know he isn't safe if they don't pull it out.

Hoping for an early goal by Pasta or Zacha and a soul crushing win of the leafs!!
Go B'ssss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad