GDT: 10/17/2019 Game 7: Detroit Red Wings @ Calgary Flames (9pm EST)

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
10.17.png

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Even if DDK, Nemeth, Erne etc. are out with injuries

at least we're not the Pens, Alex Galchenyuk

NHL insider Bob McKenzie has now reported that Galchenyuk suffered a setback in his (groin injury) recovery. Because of a spider bite.

According to McKenzie, Galchenyuk suffered an allergic reaction after being bit by a spider and that what has delayed his return to the ice.
“This is going from the sublime to the ridiculous,” McKenzie said.​

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Even if DDK, Nemeth, Erne etc. are out with injuries

at least we're not the Pens, Alex Galchenyuk

NHL insider Bob McKenzie has now reported that Galchenyuk suffered a setback in his (groin injury) recovery. Because of a spider bite.

According to McKenzie, Galchenyuk suffered an allergic reaction after being bit by a spider and that what has delayed his return to the ice.
“This is going from the sublime to the ridiculous,” McKenzie said.​

Penguins are getting a future Marvel superhero. I'd urge Yzerman to buy low on this.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Penguins are getting a future Marvel superhero. I'd urge Yzerman to buy low on this.
Agreed, but only if they guarantee Spidey-sense, otherwise no.

Flames lineup:

FORWARDS

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Sam Bennett - Derek Ryan - Andrew Mangiapane
Milan Lucic - Mark Jankowski - Austin Czarnik
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Oliver Kylington - Rasmus Andersson
GOALTENDER
David Rittich

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Looking forward to watching the game tonight. Hoping for some good intensity after a very mediocre effort two nights ago, Mantha seemed to be getting very chippy as the game wore on. Let's hope Howard is on his game and we can get some contributions from the middle 6 as I'm sure our top line will be ready to go.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Is Erne nursing an injury I'm assuming? He was in that wrestling match with Meyers last game and now out? I really do enjoy his game, and hope we invest a little more ice time and opportunity with him.. Don't think he has huge potential but a solid 3rd liner with some scoring touch I could see. Love the edge he plays with, it's sorely missed on this roster.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is Erne nursing an injury I'm assuming? He was in that wrestling match with Meyers last game and now out? I really do enjoy his game, and hope we invest a little more ice time and opportunity with him.. Don't think he has huge potential but a solid 3rd liner with some scoring touch I could see. Love the edge he plays with, it's sorely missed on this roster.
I have yet to see any sort of scoring touch out of Erne, or even the ability to drive the play. So far this season, he's been outplayed by the 4th line and LGD.

I like that he's willing to be an enforcer/agitator type, but I'm not into late hits or elbows away from the play. Challenge the guy to a fight.

Someone mentioned this last game, but I think eventually the 4th line winds up being Erne-Ehn-LGD. Abby-DLR-Helm promoted to 3rd line, Hirose sits.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Does anyone know what happened to DeKeyser? It sounded like a game time decision last game but now he's not even practicing?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I have yet to see any sort of scoring touch out of Erne, or even the ability to drive the play. So far this season, he's been outplayed by the 4th line and LGD.

I like that he's willing to be an enforcer/agitator type, but I'm not into late hits or elbows away from the play. Challenge the guy to a fight.

Someone mentioned this last game, but I think eventually the 4th line winds up being Erne-Ehn-LGD. Abby-DLR-Helm promoted to 3rd line, Hirose sits.

I agree he hasn't shown anything statically but by the few limited viewings, I think he could be a Bertuzzi lite for the bottom 6. He seems to be able to handle the puck, skate, and has grit.

Hard to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys.

Reactions: RedMenace

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Living in Calgary I'm glad the wings are in the east, but it sucks only seeing them live once a year. Still, looking forward to seeing them live tonight!
Enjoy the game. Being in Florida I was in the same boat when the wings were out west. Now I get to see all live games vs. Panthers and take in one lightning game per season.

Love your avi by the way.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
do you think flames would have any interest in local mike green ?
We'd be selling low b/c of No-show/his slow start & probably too early in the season, plus cap hit, at least for most teams to have real interest. I advocated to sell early on Green a few days ago (before he gets *potential injury*), but the return would likely be a 2nd? Unless they feel Seider is ready for Top 4 minutes in NHL without hampering his development, then Green likely stays til ~ TDL is my guess. Look how brutal we were w/o DDK in Van. Now imagine having 2 Top 4 D out...ouch.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Oh my god... Helm with Larkin and Mantha, Blash what are you doing lol

If he's going to move Bertuzzi off that line, someone has to take his place. Incredibly, I might have went with Gator instead, but not sure we'd like seeing any of the options there.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Oh my god... Helm with Larkin and Mantha, Blash what are you doing lol

I see the reasoning, time to spread the scoring a little bit. Larkin and Mantha have plenty of offensive abilities, and Helm can keep up and forecheck. Bertuzzi and Nielsen are actually capable linemates for AA. I understand not to break up what works but that's idealistic when everything outside of that one thing is broke. I don't want Helm on the first line on an ideal team but this is far, far from an ideal team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad