GDT: 10/15/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
WHAT?
I don't believe I read this sentence. Probably it's because my English is bad so the meaning I got is different from the real one xD

Why?
He was suspended some days ago...
Gotta look long term. If you could shed that huge contract and pickup solid players it’s something to consider. Note I said “huge”.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Gotta look long term. If you could shed that huge contract and pickup solid players it’s something to consider. Note I said “huge”.
Imo, you cannot talk about a "transition year", with the possibility to win next season...and meanwhile trade one of the top 3-4 forwards in this league.
I do not know the guys you've in your mind (to quantify the "huge" offer) but anyone can replace Kucherov, his goals and his skill.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
I missed the second period, maybe he was a dumpster fire then, but I've thought otherwise Myers has been decent so far. He's looked better to me than Foote, though he's facing top opponents playing with Hedman. I don't think Bogo is going to make a significant difference to our blueline, but I'd sure put him in over Fleury. Hagel didn't have a good game tonight, but I wonder if some of the struggles of the top line are Point and Kuch lacking some chemistry after not playing together most of last year. We were beaten tonight cause the Pens played a much more tight checking game than we did. Our forwards collectively had 1 takeaway, theirs had 12.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Great. I have not read that news. Good...So he will play next week, no doubt about it.
The NHL tried to get in contact with the anonymous person, but those attempts were unsuccessful. That caused the NHL to essentially close the case and move on. Now there's nothing keeping Cole from rejoining the team and playing. The only thing that could interfere here once again would be this person finally getting in touch with the league, but that seems unlikely at this point

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
love how the entire future of this team is on sergachev's shoulders. if he doesn't take a step forward this year our window is closed. just something to think about
Sergy's a big piece to be sure, but all of the big contracts have to produce. As shitty a game as that was perhaps the silver lining was getting Pointer on the scoresheet. He's got to shake the cobwebs loose and maybe that late goal was the catalyst. Hope so.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The NHL tried to get in contact with the anonymous person, but those attempts were unsuccessful. That caused the NHL to essentially close the case and move on. Now there's nothing keeping Cole from rejoining the team and playing. The only thing that could interfere here once again would be this person finally getting in touch with the league, but that seems unlikely at this point
Ok so we'll give him a chance to play with us. I don't think he could help us a lot but it's worth a try.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ok so we'll give him a chance to play with us. I don't think he could help us a lot but it's worth a try.
I think the expectation was that he'd be a regular part of the lineup the whole year. It's really Fleury and Myers who are getting a chance with Bogo and Cole out.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think the expectation was that he'd be a regular part of the lineup the whole year. It's really Fleury and Myers who are getting a chance with Bogo and Cole out.
Yes I think so. In their opinions, Cole will be a regular player, with Myers and Fleury that will fight for the last spot in our lineup.
I'm not sure they're enough but, you know...we have these guys so....fingers crossed.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Keep in mind how ass every new defenseman looks when we first pick them up and then realize we have 2 (and when Cole returns, 3) of them. It needs to be a lot better but it's also only 3 games so far, and both losses are to teams that already embarrassed us last year when we still ended up 2 wins from a threepeat.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
1. Overreactions are priceless
2. Kuch will Kuch when Kuch needs to Kuch
3. Miss McD
4. Ian Cole is likely a POS and not having evidence =/= innocent (I was raped by a college professor and it took years for me to come forward with what he did to me... don't @ me)
5. Vasy can't save this poop show alone
6. Coop is NOT having fun but thankfully, he's not back on the bubblegum either :laugh:

Reactions: ultra63

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There's overreactions, and then there is this.

Big offers on a dude that has 90 f***ing points in his last three post seasons like what?

The Tampa Bay Lightning would immediately end being a contender and possibly a playoff team if they traded Kucherov.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Realistically this is a transition year. Way too many holes and no cap space to solve them. Dump some of these albatross contracts and look towards reloading for next year.

As constructed this probably isn’t a playoff team. I’d consider big offers on Kuch.

Bannable post :laugh:

I mean sure, Kucherov for McDavid and a couple of 1sts and maybe we would consider it

Reactions: PJ817

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Bannable post :laugh:

I mean sure, Kucherov for McDavid and a couple of 1sts and maybe we would consider it
We all know Kucherov is a playoffs performer.
McDavid is a big question mark in the games that really matter.
Then, McDavid's salary is 3M higher than the Kuch one. So,in case, we will have more problems with the cap.
I'd keep Kuch without any problems. :D

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
It’s still early, and I like Myers, but I hope the people who were shrugging off the loss of McDonagh are beginning to come to their senses
I've liked what I've seen of Myers so far, but my understanding is he's the 3rd pair replacement for Serge and Serge is the McD replacement on the 2nd pair. So mitigating the McD loss depends on Serge's advancement more than anything else. I don't know when the window on that growth closes as we're in his 6th season and approaching 400 games, but my weak hope is around the halfway point of him playing more minutes and facing tougher competition we'll know if it's going to happen or not.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We all know Kucherov is a playoffs performer.
McDavid is a big question mark in the games that really matter.
Then, McDavid's salary is 3M higher than the Kuch one. So,in case, we will have more problems with the cap.
I'd keep Kuch without any problems. :D

Good point, Edmonton would need to add quite a bit hehe

• Haha
Reactions: Fabiobest

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I've liked what I've seen of Myers so far, but my understanding is he's the 3rd pair replacement for Serge and Serge is the McD replacement on the 2nd pair. So mitigating the McD loss depends on Serge's advancement more than anything else. I don't know when the window on that growth closes as we're in his 6th season and approaching 400 games, but my weak hope is around the halfway point of him playing more minutes and facing tougher competition we'll know if it's going to happen or not.

Yeah, like you said Serge is the replacement for McDonagh not Myers. My point is that this team will have some serious growing pains, even if everyone eventually settles into their role

Reactions: Hoek and OffBy1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad