GDT: 10/15/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So you’re suggesting what exactly? What would you have done differently? Keep TJ over Cirelli?

We won two cups and went to another final, of course the team is trending downhill - that’s the salary cap world. You keep the core as long as possible and try to inject B players with potential as your established depth guys get paid on the open market while you try and get rid of the old and/or banged up and pay market value for the few you want and can keep.
I would have moved both. Currently we are about to lose to the Flyers. This teams depth scoring is sparse and Cirelli is not going to help much. And while you are correct that the market value makes a difference you have to spend the cap wisely especially when you have 4 contracts at the upper limits. Yeah JBB move Mac and yeah he will move Killer. But what he has signed for depth is poor. Let Palat go as well. Add Hagel and two worthless 3rd pair guys. You can point to two cups sure but why spend what you have on the core when you close the cup window yourself by the inability to add productive depth. There are none in the AHL and the veterans below the 1st line are failing.

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Feels like the hangover has finally hit after 2 cups and 3 cup runs in a row. They'll get it figured out, but can't let it drag on if they want to avoid a 2016-2017 scenario.

Reactions: Hoek

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think we're overreacting right now, but we've been spoiled for the last 8 years. I'm honestly cool if we're just a middling team and I'm watching Stamkos/Kucherov/Hedman/Vasilevskiy chase accolades the rest of their careers.

We weren't going to be top contenders forever, especially in a cap world. Brisebois has made some mistakes, but I feel like there's only so much he can do to delay the inevitable.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Feels like the hangover has finally hit after 2 cups and 3 cup runs in a row. They'll get it figured out, but can't let it drag on if they want to avoid a 2016-2017 scenario.
Yeah we're already counting on two guys coming back from injury and being effective, if we start getting more things are going to get dicey af with our depth. Need to start getting points while we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad