BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It’s official, tomorrow at 645am i go in for open surgery to repair a broken wing. This is something i have put off for literally 20 years, but I’m tired of my shoulder coming out as often as it does, getting dressed, driving, sleeping, etc. Real talk, I’m freaking terrified and i just wanted to put it out there in hopes it would calm me down for a moment. So far it hasn’t. Any time now...

I’ve never been under general anesthesia, so that’s really what has me freaking out. I like control. I get car sick very easily if i don’t drive. I don’t like elevators. Don’t like public transportation. Forget flying. This is a pretty major thing for me.

I won’t be back behind the counters at the Garden until at least February, even that’s a stretch. But i will have one arm so i fully expect to be annoying everyone from my couch, three sheets to the wind with a bottle of OxyContin on the end table with a can of Coke. Not that 0 sugar crap that my lady friend prefers i drink. Coke.

There’s a Bruins game tonight though, and this is the gdt. Unfortunately I’ll be recording and watching late. Not sure on Nordstrom playing 2w, but Donato has failed miserably so far imo, and it’s only Krejci at center anyway so they’re not wasting a winger spot with some sure fire stud at center.

Bergeron no goals tonight but plays a defensive gem. Backes and Heinen lead the scoring. Hot takes for days.

I have had few major surgeries and Drs today are amazing so your in great hands. Remember couting down from 100 and got to 98 on one of them. lol Best of luck to you and Go Bruins

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We need offense!

Lets toss a healthy scratch who had a career high of 10 goals... 4 years ago. I mean, sure... I haven't watched Nordstrom in a capacity where he's going to be playing 15-17 minutes, but good god. This just doesn't seem the smartest.

Reactions: Blowfish

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
It’s official, tomorrow at 645am i go in for open surgery to repair a broken wing. This is something i have put off for literally 20 years, but I’m tired of my shoulder coming out as often as it does, getting dressed, driving, sleeping, etc. Real talk, I’m freaking terrified and i just wanted to put it out there in hopes it would calm me down for a moment. So far it hasn’t. Any time now...

I’ve never been under general anesthesia, so that’s really what has me freaking out. I like control. I get car sick very easily if i don’t drive. I don’t like elevators. Don’t like public transportation. Forget flying. This is a pretty major thing for me.

I won’t be back behind the counters at the Garden until at least February, even that’s a stretch. But i will have one arm so i fully expect to be annoying everyone from my couch, three sheets to the wind with a bottle of OxyContin on the end table with a can of Coke. Not that 0 sugar crap that my lady friend prefers i drink. Coke.

There’s a Bruins game tonight though, and this is the gdt. Unfortunately I’ll be recording and watching late. Not sure on Nordstrom playing 2w, but Donato has failed miserably so far imo, and it’s only Krejci at center anyway so they’re not wasting a winger spot with some sure fire stud at center.

Bergeron no goals tonight but plays a defensive gem. Backes and Heinen lead the scoring. Hot takes for days.
Thinking of you bud.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine

You'll be mad you waited so long after its done. But I totally get it...I'm the SAME way.
Get better soon! :cheers:

PacificNWBruin

Apr 23, 2015
Netherlands
I’m rooting for Donato. But he’s looked pretty bad. I would prefer Bjork shift up instead of Nordstrom sliding in. Maybe have Donato on the 3rd, but he’s not ready or needs a fire lit under him. Hasn’t looked that fast, doesn’t seem to win/hold onto pucks. The only thing I don’t like about Donato sitting is his shot. He can’t always be setup with an offensive advantage.

Hopefully sitting encourages him and positively affects him. We’ll see how this plays out though.

Hoping that 2nd line can get going regardless who plays next to Krejci-Debrusk.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
For 7 million dollars, why the **** does Krejci need someone else to get him going? Jesus Christ.
Well one might think that if they put a rookie on Bergy’s Left side and a fourth liner, changed every week, on his right he might have a few problems finding the back of the net also. For me Sweeney has an issue with trading the kids, but in order to get a bonafide right winger he is going to have to give up something.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
For 7 million dollars, why the **** does Krejci need someone else to get him going?

Ever been that guy at work were you've been doing the job for over 10 years and you know it inside and out but the boss keeps dumping kids with you to learn and you just want some vets so you can get the job done right and fast and get home?

Krejci has a certain style of play that creates time and space while also forming plays. He needs wingers that can draw attention away from him while still being in position with the shot to score if he gets them the puck.

Right now Krejci is the focus on that line and the defense is going after him foremost. So plays are just dying fast, IMO. The only offense is DeBrusk off the rush or a scrum in the slot. Krejci needs a vet with size, smarts, and scoring talent to best take advantage of his own talents.

Reactions: BMC

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Good luck TD. You'll be in good hands, I went through sedation the other day and you have to trust the doctors who know their stuff. You'll be fine I'm sure!

BTW - it was the best sleep I've had in years!

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Cehlarik

This line worked well in the Pittsburgh game until PC got hurt. I would prefer this over Nordstrom easily.

They did work well. That goal Krejci scored in that game happened in like one second, it was nuts. Cehlarik broke up Guentzel's clearing attempt, threw it to DeBrusk who thread the needle to Krejci and basically had an open net. It was too bad Cehlarik was injured that game.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006

Good luck - I had it done almost exactly two years ago. No need to be worried about anesthesia - it's excellent now with no hangover. The first couple of days after the surgery will be rough, but pretty manageable. I got away with Tylenol. The week after - no real pain, but you'll not be able to use your hand. I drove to work after a week. Full recovery - depends on your age, but expect to be about a year.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad