BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I read the Stanley cup of chowder article about Nordstrom, he did well in a checking role with Staal and Nestrasil so maybe looking to get that going? A guy who can win pucks back and give DK possession and time can help. It also seems like he'll crash the net as will debrusk so that could be good.

Can't be terrible as he's responsible on the bruins side of the ice. I'd like Cehlarik to be given a shot...

Leafs do this with Hyman - plays with Matthews.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I read the Stanley cup of chowder article about Nordstrom, he did well in a checking role with Staal and Nestrasil so maybe looking to get that going? A guy who can win pucks back and give DK possession and time can help. It also seems like he'll crash the net as will debrusk so that could be good.

Can't be terrible as he's responsible on the bruins side of the ice. I'd like Cehlarik to be given a shot...
That's my main beef. I get that Nordstrom is not being seriously considered to be a fix for second line winger, but why not at least try Cehlarik? He has looked good in previous call ups with the Bs, with injury setting him back. He also looked good in the preseason. I'm fine with sitting Donato to let him see the game from up top and to grab his attention, but at least give Cehlarik a little love and a chance to show if he has what it takes or not. It's frustrating to have so much youth in the system, yet a career bottom 6 player is being put on the second line when it makes more sense to give a young guy who has busted his tail a chance. Cehlarik is ready, and in my opinion has the potential to help the team more than a few players currently on the roster.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That's my main beef. I get that Nordstrom is not being seriously considered to be a fix for second line winger, but why not at least try Cehlarik? He has looked good in previous call ups with the Bs, with injury setting him back. He also looked good in the preseason. I'm fine with sitting Donato to let him see the game from up top and to grab his attention, but at least give Cehlarik a little love and a chance to show if he has what it takes or not. It's frustrating to have so much youth in the system, yet a career bottom 6 player is being put on the second line when it makes more sense to give a young guy who has busted his tail a chance. Cehlarik is ready, and in my opinion has the potential to help the team more than a few players currently on the roster.

I'm the biggest of Cehlarik fans and agree 100% with this post but there's a part of me who wants to see this Nordstrom experiment.

Cehlarik will be up soon with the first injury to a forward.

Reactions: northeastern

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Let’s go Bs!!!!!!

Feel like I haven’t watched a game in forever since I missed Monday’s game

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I would expect that 2nd line from Julien but not from Cassidy. :laugh:

If they win they win, and in the next 9 games they don't face a playoff team from last year, so as they say "points are at a premium".

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'm the biggest of Cehlarik fans and agree 100% with this post but there's a part of me who wants to see this Nordstrom experiment.

Cehlarik will be up soon with the first injury to a forward.
Haha. I really hope he does well despite the fact that I want Cehlarik to be given a shot in the lineup. My guess is Cassidy wants Nordstrom to go out there and bust his ass in all three zones and show Donato what it looks like to break a sweat in his own zone and the neutral zone.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Nordstrom on the 2nd line is really not that appealing. The organization better solves the 2nd line problem asap, it's going on since years.

Reactions: Strafer

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I know I've been busy at work and out of the loop. But I just want to confirm that this is game 4 of the season, right? I didn't miss some games where the team played incredibly well together and every line clicked that would be causing mass panic over trying a new guy out on the 2nd line?

We bitch when the team doesn't make changes, and we bitch when they do.

Give. Them. Some. Time. And. Let. Them. Try. Some. Different. Stuff. Out.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Why not try a better option like Bjork first? Nordstrom there just doesn't make sense when there are better options on the roster already.

I think it's because the coach wants to give the 3rd like some time to build chemistry but he may have to make some changes during the game.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I know I've been busy at work and out of the loop. But I just want to confirm that this is game 4 of the season, right? I didn't miss some games where the team played incredibly well together and every line clicked that would be causing mass panic over trying a new guy out on the 2nd line?

We ***** when the team doesn't make changes, and we ***** when they do.

Give. Them. Some. Time. And. Let. Them. Try. Some. Different. Stuff. Out.
That's precisely the point. Putting a lifetime 2 goal scorer on the second line rather than being patient with Donato on just the fourth game of the season smacks of impatience.

Reactions: Sheppy

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Don't get why people complain about Nordstrom on the second line.
That line is useless either way.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
That's precisely the point. Putting a lifetime 2 goal scorer on the second line rather than being patient with Donato on just the fourth game of the season smacks of impatience.
You must be part of the MSM, you take non-factual information and throw it out there thinking people will believe you. He has a career 20 goals, not a lot, but better than two. If you want people to believe you and converse with you, at least provide factual information.

Reactions: Ratty

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
The biggest thing to jump out at me here is that Halak is starting. Not something I am against. It will be fun to watch how this plays out. No more complacency in the goaltending position that's for sure.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cehlarik has zero points in 2 games and is tied for a team worst -3 in Providence right now. Only 2 games but not really like he’s shown much that deserves him to be called up.

He probably is not wanting to be in Providence and thinks he deserves to be in NHL and not putting in the work..The kid has offensive touch and Bruins need that .Anyways hope Cassidy has it right and 2nd line breaks out.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I thought the first and forth lines were most effective the other 2 were not creative and appeared to be hemmed in the defensive zone most of the game. Cassidy will get this all figured out in time for when it matters most.

This is what I saw- 1st & 4th lines very good, IMO 3rd was much improved with Backes @ 3C but can still be better. 2nd line was meh and has been since Game 1.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
For the "let them try something out crowd"

I typically agree with that notion...but why not Cehlarik? Why not someone with a modicum of offensive talent? What had Nordstrom shown that screams "top six winger"?

Might as well put Chara in nets and Bergeron at D while we're at it. That's trying something new!

Reactions: Blowfish and Silva

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Oh that's right, you're the one that would love a lineup full of Kellys, Axelssons, Giontas, and Schallers.

Everyone wants Bruins to put a lineup out there that just rolls over teams.Lets wait and see how the game plays out.Krecji did well before with a guy that is tough to play against in his wings.Nordstrom is not a offence guy but he is a responsible player that will be gritty and can skate.I would like to see Cehlarik get a shot too but tonite he is not .No good getting into here with other posters cause he is playing tonite regardless.Go Bruins :cheer:

Reactions: Blowfish

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It’s official, tomorrow at 645am i go in for open surgery to repair a broken wing. This is something i have put off for literally 20 years, but I’m tired of my shoulder coming out as often as it does, getting dressed, driving, sleeping, etc. Real talk, I’m freaking terrified and i just wanted to put it out there in hopes it would calm me down for a moment. So far it hasn’t. Any time now...

I’ve never been under general anesthesia, so that’s really what has me freaking out. I like control. I get car sick very easily if i don’t drive. I don’t like elevators. Don’t like public transportation. Forget flying. This is a pretty major thing for me.

I won’t be back behind the counters at the Garden until at least February, even that’s a stretch. But i will have one arm so i fully expect to be annoying everyone from my couch, three sheets to the wind with a bottle of OxyContin on the end table with a can of Coke. Not that 0 sugar crap that my lady friend prefers i drink. Coke.

There’s a Bruins game tonight though, and this is the gdt. Unfortunately I’ll be recording and watching late. Not sure on Nordstrom playing 2w, but Donato has failed miserably so far imo, and it’s only Krejci at center anyway so they’re not wasting a winger spot with some sure fire stud at center.

Bergeron no goals tonight but plays a defensive gem. Backes and Heinen lead the scoring. Hot takes for days.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Everyone wants Bruins to put a lineup out there that just rolls over teams.Lets wait and see how the game plays out.Krecji did well before with a guy that is tough to play against in his wings.Nordstrom is not a offence guy but he is a responsible player that will be gritty and can skate.I would like to see Cehlarik get a shot too but tonite he is not .No good getting into here with other posters cause he is playing tonite regardless.Go Bruins :cheer:
Which is odd because we need secondary scoring in a big way.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad