BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It’s official, tomorrow at 645am i go in for open surgery to repair a broken wing. This is something i have put off for literally 20 years, but I’m tired of my shoulder coming out as often as it does, getting dressed, driving, sleeping, etc. Real talk, I’m freaking terrified and i just wanted to put it out there in hopes it would calm me down for a moment. So far it hasn’t. Any time now...

I’ve never been under general anesthesia, so that’s really what has me freaking out. I like control. I get car sick very easily if i don’t drive. I don’t like elevators. Don’t like public transportation. Forget flying. This is a pretty major thing for me.

I won’t be back behind the counters at the Garden until at least February, even that’s a stretch. But i will have one arm so i fully expect to be annoying everyone from my couch, three sheets to the wind with a bottle of OxyContin on the end table with a can of Coke. Not that 0 sugar crap that my lady friend prefers i drink. Coke.

There’s a Bruins game tonight though, and this is the gdt. Unfortunately I’ll be recording and watching late. Not sure on Nordstrom playing 2w, but Donato has failed miserably so far imo, and it’s only Krejci at center anyway so they’re not wasting a winger spot with some sure fire stud at center.

Bergeron no goals tonight but plays a defensive gem. Backes and Heinen lead the scoring. Hot takes for days.

Good luck with your surgery! :thumbu:

As for the general anesthesia- you will fall asleep before you get to 97 (they have you count backwards from 100 when they put the mask on you) so you'll be OK. I was scared too when I had my shoulder surgery- you just have to put your trust in your surgeon & the hospital staff. You WILL be all right. :)

Reactions: 22Brad Park

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
How is Cehlarik doing in Providence? If he's not cutting it down there he certainly won't be able to cut it up here. IMO putting Nordstrom in is sending Donato a message to step up his game, Nordstrom is not a full time replacement at RW on Krejci's line. At least I hope he isn't but who knows he may surprise us :dunno:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Boston Bruins announced their next national anthem singer on Thursday. Uxbridge, Mass. native and Nashville recording artist Shanna Jackman will sing the U.S. and Canadian anthems before the B's take on the Edmonton Oilers at TD Garden.

Jackman is based in Massachusetts and has performed the national anthem for the Bruins before, going back to Nov. 2009. She's an award-winning singer-songwriter, most recently winning Limelight Magazine's Unsung Hero award in 2016. She's the second singer to get anthem duties at TD Garden, following Todd Angilly's performance at the home opener against the Buffalo Sabres.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well one might think that if they put a rookie on Bergy’s Left side and a fourth liner, changed every week, on his right he might have a few problems finding the back of the net also. For me Sweeney has an issue with trading the kids, but in order to get a bonafide right winger he is going to have to give up something.

They've done that and Bergy and Marchand have still produced. With literally anyone that's occupied that spot. Or in other words, they've gotten themselves going instead of expecting and needing their linemates to do so for them. And really, what is Nordstrom going to provide on that line? It's so misguided. I'm not a Cehlarik guy in any way, but that would at least make more sense than slotting in Nordstrom.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
He probably is not wanting to be in Providence and thinks he deserves to be in NHL and not putting in the work..The kid has offensive touch and Bruins need that .Anyways hope Cassidy has it right and 2nd line breaks out.

Well if donato is being sat for not performing well after 2 games and scoring a goal. I highly doubt cehlarik is going to be rewarded for not playing well in the AHL after two games, zero points and tied for a team worst -3.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Oh and

Drop the ****ing puck already :madfire:

22366764_10213366342445746_5214674399699480855_n.jpg

Reactions: 22Brad Park and BMC

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
ooooh lots of cehlarik chatter. fun. the donato scratch is probably something that's
been in the works for a while. all good, he will learn from it. nordstrom to the 2nd line?
not a big deal, it won't last long. debrusk to RW is the most interesting part of all this -
cassidy said he has experience there, which i assume is from WHL. if he can find a comfort
zone on RW, that's a big plus as it allows the LWs who are uncomfortable there to play
in a role best-suited for them. we'll see.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
They've done that and Bergy and Marchand have still produced. With literally anyone that's occupied that spot. Or in other words, they've gotten themselves going instead of expecting and needing their linemates to do so for them. And really, what is Nordstrom going to provide on that line? It's so misguided. I'm not a Cehlarik guy in any way, but that would at least make more sense than slotting in Nordstrom.
There it is, you are obviously a bit prejudice against Krejci. You mention Bergeron and MARCHAND have done it, but I was talking about Bergeron alone, NO MARCHAND or Pasta. Put a first year player with Bergeron and a career fourth liner on the other side and let’s see how well he does. DeBrusk has one year under his belt, that line needs another vet, not rookie or sophomore, give Krejci a decent vet and you will see he can and will produce, as he does on the PP when playing with better players. Maybe switch Krejci and Bergeron and see how it works, who knows maybe Bergeron will still succeed , worth a try anyway.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
ooooh lots of cehlarik chatter. fun. the donato scratch is probably something that's
been in the works for a while. all good, he will learn from it. nordstrom to the 2nd line?
not a big deal, it won't last long. debrusk to RW is the most interesting part of all this -
cassidy said he has experience there, which i assume is from WHL. if he can find a comfort
zone on RW, that's a big plus as it allows the LWs who are uncomfortable there to play
in a role best-suited for them. we'll see.

Yeah the interesting thing for me here is maybe allowing Donato to slot back in at LW when he gets back in the lineup.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It’s official, tomorrow at 645am i go in for open surgery to repair a broken wing. This is something i have put off for literally 20 years, but I’m tired of my shoulder coming out as often as it does, getting dressed, driving, sleeping, etc. Real talk, I’m freaking terrified and i just wanted to put it out there in hopes it would calm me down for a moment. So far it hasn’t. Any time now...

I’ve never been under general anesthesia, so that’s really what has me freaking out. I like control. I get car sick very easily if i don’t drive. I don’t like elevators. Don’t like public transportation. Forget flying. This is a pretty major thing for me.

I won’t be back behind the counters at the Garden until at least February, even that’s a stretch. But i will have one arm so i fully expect to be annoying everyone from my couch, three sheets to the wind with a bottle of OxyContin on the end table with a can of Coke. Not that 0 sugar crap that my lady friend prefers i drink. Coke.

There’s a Bruins game tonight though, and this is the gdt. Unfortunately I’ll be recording and watching late. Not sure on Nordstrom playing 2w, but Donato has failed miserably so far imo, and it’s only Krejci at center anyway so they’re not wasting a winger spot with some sure fire stud at center.

Bergeron no goals tonight but plays a defensive gem. Backes and Heinen lead the scoring. Hot takes for days.

I understand your fear, I had hernia surgery in January and was terrified. They gave me a sedative beforehand and I couldn't have cared less after that, I was physically shaking before that. Maybe that is an option? I am sure everything will be fine, the lead up is the worst. Good luck!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

You're gonna do great bro! The docs know what they're doing and if you're good they'll give you some powerful meds to help you float over the fear! Take care and keep us updated!

Reactions: HustleB

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Every time they announce a different singer for the Bruins game I will be disappointed because Angilly should just be given the job.

I feel like I'm in the minority on this one, but I was slightly underwhelmed by him. Just didn't wow me in any way.

For me, it was all downhill after the Briannah Donolo performance in Montreal a few years back.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
GR07.jpg
DO09.jpg

REFEREES

Garrett Rank #7 Dan O’Rourke #9
During the series against the Leafs, Rank was the ref who called the goal on the ice, then flip flopped, then somehow the call on the ice stood but it was a goal, but no goal...lol That was so confusing and ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad