BRUINS GDT 10/11 - Game 4 - Boston Bruins vs. Edmonton Oilers - 7pm ET - NESN, TVAS, SNW, SNOL, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm not losing any sleep over them putting Nordstrom on the 2nd line. They've been bad, hell, all lines outside of the first and 4th have been bad.

Reactions: northeastern

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
David needs to solve his own issues. With the talent that man has, it's time to stop blaming the wingers. By the way, Cassidy, not Sweeney gave him Nordstrom for at least a shift tonight. Out of all the options the team has, including the Providence guys, Nordstrom gets the call to start the game. Maybe Cassidy knows something you don't?
This. Time to stop with the whole "we need a winger for Krejci" BS.

If I'm a higher up at my job and haven't cared about doing work for the past year, I don't expect a pay raise.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not losing any sleep over them putting Nordstrom on the 2nd line. They've been bad, hell, all lines outside of the first and 4th have been bad.

I'm not sure I'd say the 4th line has been good. They were decent vs. Ottawa. That's about it.

Reactions: bryson21

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
David needs to solve his own issues. With the talent that man has, it's time to stop blaming the wingers. By the way, Cassidy, not Sweeney gave him Nordstrom for at least a shift tonight. Out of all the options the team has, including the Providence guys, Nordstrom gets the call to start the game. Maybe Cassidy knows something you don't?

Agree...let's see how this goes. Anyone know if holding Cehlarik is due to financial or waiver exempt time concerns?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
C'mon, The don here knows everything. Gotta give him credit for nailing all those summer predictions like JFK as a lock for the 3C spot and Stempniak lighting up the scoreboard for us
Stempniak should be signed asp because of this . Give me a break. Stempniak will pop 20 with krecji . If your desperate then sign lee. Why Nordstrom??

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I'm pretty much of the mind that this is all just a way of getting Donato's attention. I mean DeBrusk sat a game last year but to be fair he had a better start than Donato had so it happens later in the year. Let's see how he handles it.

Unless Nordstrom scores a couple and really impresses I suspect Donato will be back in the lineup. If that doesn't work however, a more long term approach in Providence seems more likely.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
C'mon, The don here knows everything. Gotta give him credit for nailing all those summer predictions like JFK as a lock for the 3C spot and Stempniak lighting up the scoreboard for us

There should be a system on this board where for each pre-season prediction you get wrong, you are banned from posting for a week. Some of these "all shtick, all the time" posters would be out for the entire season, which is a good thing indeed.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Stempniak should be signed asp because of this . Give me a break. Stempniak will pop 20 with krecji . If your desperate then sign lee. Why Nordstrom??

1. There's a reason Stempniak is unsigned. He doesn't belong in anyone's top 6.

2. They're not looking at Nordstrom as a long term solution for f***s sake. They want Donato to sit for a game and watch from up high. Get a grip

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Number one thing I am watching tonight is Krejci's speed. I believe the Bruins want him to play faster and have made that clear.
Nordstrom for Donato gives the kid a chance to watch from upstairs. Will be looking forward to watching Donato on the 2nd line again on Saturday; possibly on the LW?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

At this point the only person that appears to be desperate is you. Desperate to watch the Bruins crash and burn instead of getting behind the team we have and letting the professionals get on with their work.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Don't bother watching then.

Get a damn grip.

Well said Ali, well said

taking-a-bow.jpg

Reactions: Alicat

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I read the Stanley cup of chowder article about Nordstrom, he did well in a checking role with Staal and Nestrasil so maybe looking to get that going? A guy who can win pucks back and give DK possession and time can help. It also seems like he'll crash the net as will debrusk so that could be good.

Can't be terrible as he's responsible on the bruins side of the ice. I'd like Cehlarik to be given a shot...

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
2nd line/3rd line what's the difference. Is it worth breaking up the 3rd line who looked like they may be building some chemistry to get Bjork maybe a minute more ice time over Nordstrom? They played a good game against Ottawa, Cassidy thinks Donato needs to sit, you put Nordstrom in his spot, seems pretty logical.

If I'm Nordstrom the 2nd line is the least desirable spot to be on this team right now, put me on the 3rd or 4th line and I probably have a better chance of dressing the next game.

Reactions: wintersej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad