OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIV: Year of Sarah Jessica Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
You better do it for next Halloween :laugh:

I dunno, hockeyball is handing out toys. If I don't get that going, I'm going to start slashing coeds.

Should I have asked. I bet she looks adorable :)

Wut? He will learn as he ages. He could have had a helmet and a hammer...and a CAPE!!!

I know right! And not looked like every other 3-6 year old... bleh!

Speaking of the kid, we let him watch the old "The Mask" movie the other night right, his first Jim Carrey movie. He loved it. Now we tried to watch Ace Ventura and he kept asking the whole movie "When he put mask on??" the whole movie... no matter how many times I explained.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
My kid is going as Spiderman... of course. I tried to talk him out of it, he's got blond hair and blue eyes so I tried to at least talk him into Thor... but no :\

Kids.

Yeah I was trying to convince her to be Batgirl...fought a losing battle with mama and her about that.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I know right! And not looked like every other 3-6 year old... bleh!

Speaking of the kid, we let him watch the old "The Mask" movie the other night right, his first Jim Carrey movie. He loved it. Now we tried to watch Ace Ventura and he kept asking the whole movie "When he put mask on??" the whole movie... no matter how many times I explained.

See, this is the info I need to know before I have children. Proper order in movies is EVERYTHING :laugh:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
You better do it for next Halloween :laugh:

I dunno, hockeyball is handing out toys. If I don't get that going, I'm going to start slashing coeds.

Should I have asked. I bet she looks adorable :)

Wut? He will learn as he ages. He could have had a helmet and a hammer...and a CAPE!!!

Yeah she does. Shes going to break a lot of hearts.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For Halloween I bought candy to hand out to kids.

Candy I will most likely end up eating because there are no kids in my neighborhood. Or at least the ones that do tend to go elsewhere because it's easier to hit up houses in a subdivision than it is a regular street that has fewer houses because several properties are horse boarders (taking up lots of space) and one is a Hell's Angels compound :laugh:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Candy I will most likely end up eating because there are no kids in my neighborhood. Or at least the ones that do tend to go elsewhere because it's easier to hit up houses in a subdivision than it is a regular street that has fewer houses because several properties are horse boarders (taking up lots of space) and one is a Hell's Angels compound :laugh:

One year when we were starving college students and living in an apartment we forgot to buy candy (4 of us lived there). I **** you not, we handed out Ramen. hahaha

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA

Haha, we had to up our candy game over the years to bring kids to our house. Most of them stop by in a car, driven by the parents. We like that we're a destination now. Our neighbors are all cheapskates and old fogies.

If I was a kid and got Top Ramen instead of candy...I'd be irate.

I wouldn't. I loved making top ramen snacks out of them. Just crush it up in the bag, sprinkle part or all of the flavor packet back in the bag, then shake it up again and eat. Delicious.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Haha, we had to up our candy game over the years to bring kids to our house. Most of them stop by in a car, driven by the parents. We like that we're a destination now. Our neighbors are all cheapskates and old fogies.

I wouldn't. I loved making top ramen snacks out of them. Just crush it up in the bag, sprinkle part or all of the flavor packet back in the bag, then shake it up again and eat. Delicious.

I hate Top Ramen. I'd rather get a can of ravioli.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, what is everyone doing on the 31st?

My house probably got 25 trick-or-treaters tops last year (it seemed that way, anyway). I have two small bags of candy and that's it. I'm not expecting much. Getting hammered seems to be "in" these days. I kid you not, people around here usually have their first drink at age 13 or something.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
My house probably got 25 trick-or-treaters tops last year (it seemed that way, anyway). I have two small bags of candy and that's it. I'm not expecting much. Getting hammered seems to be "in" these days. I kid you not, people around here usually have their first drink at age 13 or something.

That's terrible to hear. I enjoyed being a kid as long as I could. Hell, I still buy Legos and every video game that comes out. Never grow too fast.

Why can't everywhere be like Hocus Pocus?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
That's terrible to hear. I enjoyed being a kid as long as I could. Hell, I still buy Legos and every video game that comes out. Never grow too fast.

You'll be happy to know my son is already becoming a pro at Mario Kart. It's all he wants to do now.

I of course kick the absolute crap out of him at it still. Yay for hundreds of hours of Mario Kart while growing up. Kid should pick a game I didn't spend 4 years perfecting heh.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
You'll be happy to know my son is already becoming a pro at Mario Kart. It's all he wants to do now.

I of course kick the absolute crap out of him at it still. Yay for hundreds of hours of Mario Kart while growing up. Kid should pick a game I didn't spend 4 years perfecting heh.

Mario Kart, Road Rash, Golden Eye, Super Smash Bros - these are why I keep the N64 around (though, two of them I'd wait on for little kids to play).

Thank you for doing your part in raising the next generation the right way :thumbu:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Where I grew up every Halloween was like "Lords Of Salem" :laugh:

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Its a step above the block of salt that is Top Ramen.

There is no such thing as too much sa-

heart-attack.jpg~original

Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli Sodium: 900mg
Top Ramen Beef: 760mg

WRONG!

Quoted for posterity

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Mario Kart, Road Rash, Golden Eye, Super Smash Bros - these are why I keep the N64 around (though, two of them I'd wait on for little kids to play).

Thank you for doing your part in raising the next generation the right way :thumbu:

So, believe it or not, I actually worked at ATI during the Dolphin project (ATI developed the gamecube almost entirely for Nintendo). We all got one free, nothing special about it, but I do still have it. Play most of the games on my wii though, no point in having them both hooked up.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
So, believe it or not, I actually worked at ATI during the Dolphin project (ATI developed the gamecube almost entirely for Nintendo). We all got one free, nothing special about it, but I do still have it. Play most of the games on my wii though, no point in having them both hooked up.

Man, I envy you. I got into the tech field way too late and way too far from anything going on. I love my wii, but it gives one helluva hand cramp. At least that reminds me of the NES days :laugh:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Man, I envy you. I got into the tech field way too late and way too far from anything going on. I love my wii, but it gives one helluva hand cramp. At least that reminds me of the NES days :laugh:

I still have my NES..it works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad