OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
I'm not sure if any of the fine folks who've recommended Bay Area beers/breweries in old GDTs will see this, but in case you do: are you aware of any breweries that consistently produce soft, juicy "NE" or "hazy" IPAs? I've tasted several of the Alvarado Street brews and found them to represent the harsh end of the hazy spectrum (that yeasty burn from the end-products which aren't filtered) and not truly worth the premium which the bottle shops are charging for cans.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'm not sure if any of the fine folks who've recommended Bay Area beers/breweries in old GDTs will see this, but in case you do: are you aware of any breweries that consistently produce soft, juicy "NE" or "hazy" IPAs? I've tasted several of the Alvarado Street brews and found them to represent the harsh end of the hazy spectrum (that yeasty burn from the end-products which aren't filtered) and not truly worth the premium which the bottle shops are charging for cans.
Are you ever gonna be near NYC or Boston because Treehouse and Trillium are amazing. Maybe try Cellarmaker in SF. They’re supposed to be pretty good.

Reactions: drunksage

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Are you ever gonna be near NYC or Boston because Treehouse and Trillium are amazing. Maybe try Cellarmaker in SF. They’re supposed to be pretty good.

Treehouse and Trillium are definitely on the current dream list, as is Other Half. Haven't really seen Cellarmaker around the bars or shops toward San Jose.

Modern Times have done a lot of amazing things, but my current MVP in the style is Monkish. Managed to find my way to their brewery on one of my SoCal trips. Also have enjoyed some Bottle Logic (even if they may be known more for their barrel-aged stuff).

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Trillium is great. My favorite beer glass is from there. They had just started when we left Boston, good to hear they're still kicking ass.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Treehouse and Trillium are definitely on the current dream list, as is Other Half. Haven't really seen Cellarmaker around the bars or shops toward San Jose.

Modern Times have done a lot of amazing things, but my current MVP in the style is Monkish. Managed to find my way to their brewery on one of my SoCal trips. Also have enjoyed some Bottle Logic (even if they may be known more for their barrel-aged stuff).
I don't really know any of the west coast stuff unfortunately as I've been on the east coast for a long time. My beer nerd buddy loves Modern Times and Monkish though and he's the one who recommends Cellarmaker, also Sainte Adairius in Santa Cruz. Don't think either of those 2 distribute though. Treehouse is humungous now, the hope is they'll start distributing soon. I'm actually going up there on Saturday to stock up for the holiday season. If you ever make it out here for a beer trip specifically, go to Hill Farmstead. It's in the middle of nowhere, but it's worth it.

Trillium is great. My favorite beer glass is from there. They had just started when we left Boston, good to hear they're still kicking ass.
Trillium is phenomenal. Two of the best beers I've ever had came from there.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I don't really know any of the west coast stuff unfortunately as I've been on the east coast for a long time. My beer nerd buddy loves Modern Times and Monkish though and he's the one who recommends Cellarmaker, also Sainte Adairius in Santa Cruz. Don't think either of those 2 distribute though. Treehouse is humungous now, the hope is they'll start distributing soon. I'm actually going up there on Saturday to stock up for the holiday season. If you ever make it out here for a beer trip specifically, go to Hill Farmstead. It's in the middle of nowhere, but it's worth it.

Trillium is phenomenal. Two of the best beers I've ever had came from there.
My favorite beer I've had was a Hill Farmstead.

Reactions: Lebanezer

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I knew you would make this post.

Did you? Or did I just make you believe that you knew?

1iJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad