OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm going to be honest:

This was better than it had any business being. I'm not saying it was good/great, or that I'll even see it at any point before it shows up on TV or Netflix or anything of the like, but the bar I had set for what this would end up looking like was exceptionally low given the concept, the general result of video game based movies (no matter how loose the adaptation), the insanity of casting Ryan Reynold in the role, etc, I figured there was no way this wouldn't be a hilariously gigantic trainwreck. But it actually looks... not wholly awful?

Yeah, I agree. It definitely could have been a lot worse. I'm still not going to see it though.

I'm not a movie person at all. I am not a TV person either. (Yes, I'm pretty boring in real life.)

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
It doesn't look terrible, so I might randomly go see it if my friends want to go. There's an edit with Danny DeVito as Pikachu, and it totally works. :laugh:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It doesn't look terrible, so I might randomly go see it if my friends want to go. There's an edit with Danny DeVito as Pikachu, and it totally works. :laugh:
Doesn't japanese Detective Pikachu have a pretty gruff voice. DeVito would be a perfect english counterpart.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Air quality tanked so hard, sfsu canned classes today and won't open til the 26th. Welp.

To be fair, you guys already get the entire Thanksgiving week off. So it's only 3 days of cancelled classes (meaning like just 1 cancelled session for each course?).
Smoke really is terribad here though. First world problems of either smoke entering my bathroom, or having my poop stank waft longer.

All those asthma exacerbations too. If you were working here @drunksage, your day would just be filling ventolins and qvars. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: drunksage

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
To be fair, you guys already get the entire Thanksgiving week off. So it's only 3 days of cancelled classes (meaning like just 1 cancelled session for each course?).
Smoke really is terribad here though. First world problems of either smoke entering my bathroom, or having my poop stank waft longer.

Living without a bathroom vent fan? You savage.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose

All those asthma exacerbations too. If you were working here @drunksage, your day would just be filling ventolins and qvars. :laugh:
Oooooooh, that makes sense. Campus is closed from the 15th-17th then Thanksgiving break

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Would you rather...

Have to stay home from work because the school district cancelled school and deal with your pain in the ass children all day OR go to work and force those little shits to go to school and learn?

Either way, they are indoors. I like the latter personally

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
First thought when I exited the terminal at the airport: geez, this is eerie.

Second thought is that it's not so bad thus far, but I'm still concerned. Also, I haven't really gone out for an extended period of time yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad