GDT: #1|PITY PARTY OUT OF CONTROL|Champion Capitals vs. Penguins|Oct. 4 |7:00 PM |PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
TBH I think Horny looks a bit out of sorts yet with Jake and Sid. Yes, he does make some space and crowds the net but way behind on any transition.
I am still hoping for a better L4. Just nothing there yet.
The Geno Phil thing looks awful right now.
no worries about horny, not whatsoever

Reactions: Beau Knows

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Either or really.
Doesn't matter to me cuz as long as Riiks is dressed, you can slot him up in cases like tonight where Olli can't do anything right.

You don't sit a top 4 D in Maatta.

Just sit #7 Oleksiak who couldn't even be trusted to play more than 10 mins a game in the playoffs.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i want Riikola in the lineup. I'd sit Maatta only stylistically speaking. this isn't me taking Maatta down, it's me fanboying over Cough Drop.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
168sr5f.png

Reactions: domaug

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I dunno. I guess you can count me as one of the few Maatta defenders. I think the kid is generally solid and a good two-way dman. Don't forget he was 2nd in scoring on our defense last year.

Would I move him if Riikola is the real deal? Maybe. But I don't want to dump him lightly. People hate on him a lot here but he's far better than the abuse heaped on him imo.

You’re right but he always been a bad fit for how this team plays. I’m not saying trade Maatta but sit him or big rig for Riikola to see what you got.

Reactions: Pancakes

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Mario probably has an affinity for Maaata on account of the cancer connection. I doubt we get rid of him.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
TBH I think Horny looks a bit out of sorts yet with Jake and Sid. Yes, he does make some space and crowds the net but way behind on any transition.
I am still hoping for a better L4. Just nothing there yet.
The Geno Phil thing looks awful right now.

He's never going to be able to give and go with those guys, he doesn't have the speed or skill. But I think he brings something special to that line and it's worth the frustration that comes with him sometimes needlessly dumping the puck in or firing a muffin shot.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As everyone else noted, it's so peaceful tonight not watching a guy like Wilson or trying to counter him with a player like Reaves. It's just hockey out there. Beautiful.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I loved Maatta, still love the kid, but he is not good now, I don't know whats wrong, but he just can't do a thing tonight, the good news for him they will give him every chance possible to get his mojo back

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As much as I agree with moving on from Maatta and giving CoughDrop a shot. I understand why he isnt in tonight.

As good as hes been in the preseason, I'm glad they didnt throw him into the fire tonight to get his feet wet. Let him get a game in with a slightly worse team.
The Habs it is then.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You’re right but he always been a bad fit for how this team plays. I’m not saying trade Maatta but sit him or big rig for Riikola to see what you got.

No arguments there. Riikola needs to play so we can see what we have in him.

And also because Riikola has been on a hot streak in terms of play so play him while he has confidence.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I obviously know they'd sit Rig before Olli.
I simply don't care which one sits. Riiks needs a jersey.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
G and Phil between them have one shot on goal...that’s ridiculous...the only reason to keep them together is to swamp the other team offensively...if they’re not doing that, I can’t see how Sully’s justifies putting them back out together for the third period...

He will, but I agree.

I'd flip Phil and Sprong. Roll 4 lines. No need to neutralize Geno-Hags if Phil doesn't want to work. As I said, let Cullen and Sheahan babysit him.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Honestly even if Maatta has had a tough night I feel like you probably sit O before him. Maatta has the track record of being better.

Jaime O is just...not good. And hasn't really ever been.

It's really not even close...you sit Oleksiak.

Maatta at his worst is still better than Oleksiak. Oleksiak couldn't even play 10 mins a game in the playoffs being sheltered.

Maatta has played 16-19 mins a game to two Cups playing tough comp and giving up very little goals.

Maatta is light years better than Oleksiak.

Reactions: Pancakes

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would love to get Bennett from the Flames somehow, I still think that kid has a bright future if he gets away from the Flames.

I'm just thinking what teams are desperate for a player like him and Oilers/Toronto stand out the most.

I love the kid, but his footspeed is not Penguins hockey. I think he's a stud on like 20-24 hockey teams out there. There are just some bad fits for players and this is one for #3. He's getting worse and worse and worse, IMO. He is awful tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad