GDT: #1|PITY PARTY OUT OF CONTROL|Champion Capitals vs. Penguins|Oct. 4 |7:00 PM |PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
HAVE YOU SEEN MY MISSING DMAN?

Olli Maatta was last seen playing hockey against the Bluejackets before being replaced by an evil clone - Generous reward for whoever can return him to his rightful owner!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maatta’s game is so reliant on great positioning. I hate watching him pinch or lead a rush and fail miserably at recovering since he skates like Eric Godard. We have defenseman that can drive offense. Just stay at home and be low risk.

Yeah except even then, he gets turnstiled in his own zone because teams know all one has to do is dump it past him and beat him to the puck, he will NEVER beat you to the puck when you do that.

Reactions: Fatty McLardy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I've been pumping our center depth tires all off season. I figured once Brass settled in that our center depth would be virtually unmatched. Not sure even Toronto matches it just because Crosby > Tavares, Malkin > Matthews. Kadri is better than Brass but we have em beat overall I think.

If we stay healthy we are going to be a terror to match up against. Not since Staal have we had this kinda depth.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We both know why L2 isn't working. It's not Geno not working. It's not Hags not working. It's those two trying to be superhuman to make up for the fact that Phil doesn't give a ****.

Leave L1 and L3. They're working. BUT, flip L2 and L4 RW's. At least Sprong looks like he gives a ****. Let Cullen and Sheahan babysit Phil. No reason to take Geno-Hags out of the game because there's nowhere else in the top 9 for him.

G and Phil between them have one shot on goal...that’s ridiculous...the only reason to keep them together is to swamp the other team offensively...if they’re not doing that, I can’t see how Sully’s justifies putting them back out together for the third period...

Reactions: KIRK

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think I'm higher on him than most. He's usually pretty solid. People remember the bad with him much more than the good and that's because his flaw (bad skating) is just such an eyesore.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to Riikola getting put in for him or Oleksiak. But that's mainly because Riikola was so so good in preseason that I feel like he's earned a chance to show if he can do it in regular season games.

I'd also humbly submit that Maatta could use a giant kick in the ass based on his standard so far this fall.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I dunno. I guess you can count me as one of the few Maatta defenders. I think the kid is generally solid and a good two-way dman. Don't forget he was 2nd in scoring on our defense last year.

Would I move him if Riikola is the real deal? Maybe. But I don't want to dump him lightly. People hate on him a lot here but he's far better than the abuse heaped on him imo.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Dear lord, Simon has an 86% CF% tonight. That is absolute absurdity.

Sheahan and Cullen haven't been on the ice for a shot attempt yet and Sprong is only at 1 shot attempt. That's pathetic. The 4th line is getting slaughtered tonight, Sheahan's CF-CA ratio is 0-12. Cullen is at 0-10, neither have played more than 3:31 at ES too.
I have not checked the shift tracker but it seemed everytime they were out there, Caps had their first line out,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad