GDT: #1|PITY PARTY OUT OF CONTROL|Champion Capitals vs. Penguins|Oct. 4 |7:00 PM |PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
My two thoughts:

1) Hornqvist is not playing at a level he should be

2) Brassard impressed me. I hope he continues on that trend.... for the whole season :D

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Even a simple Riiks for Rig to start meant you could slot up Riiks in game when stuff like this happens and it happens alot where a middle pairing to top pairing D-Man can't do anything right for this team in a game.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tuning into this Nash/Rangers game and man.. hockey is becoming so fast/skilled. The game is so beautiful. IF we could clear every f*** face like Wilson out, this game will be the best it's ever been. f*** the 80s.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Okay why do you think it’s a good idea to trade a top 20 Dman and a top 10 right winger and who can we get for them?

giphy.gif

He played more like a bottom 20 dman in the league, last year.

Reactions: PENSFAN234

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd also humbly submit that Maatta could use a giant kick in the ass based on his standard so far this fall.

Agreed. The leash should be short for any of the non big names because our depth is great. Cullen/Sprong/Sheahan struggling? Put in Grant. Maatta struggling? Put in Riikola.

We have depth. Sully needs to use it and reward good play.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
G and Phil between them have one shot on goal...that’s ridiculous...the only reason to keep them together is to swamp the other team offensively...if they’re not doing that, I can’t see how Sully’s justifies putting them back out together for the third period...

Because you can't change it without breaking up two lines that are on fire.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I can't help but imagine how much better this team would flow with Riikola in over Maatta.

As much as I agree with moving on from Maatta and giving CoughDrop a shot. I understand why he isnt in tonight.

As good as hes been in the preseason, I'm glad they didnt throw him into the fire tonight to get his feet wet. Let him get a game in with a slightly worse team.

Steph Blurry

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah except even then, he gets turnstiled in his own zone because teams know all one has to do is dump it past him and beat him to the puck, he will NEVER beat you to the puck when you do that.
His foot speed isn’t NHL caliber and it shows. I was hoping he’d work on it and become average enough to be a steady and reliable defenseman but his trajectory is has been pointing straight down. After his abysmal postseason I’ve been looking forward to seeing how he progressed this pre-season/season. I know it’s only been one game but that skating is still Ice Castle Open Skate level. Plenty of season to go and he may surprise me but I’m no longer hopeful.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dude, I love Maatta, I'm a huge fan, but he's been so bad. Four bad turnovers.

To be fair, this website takes criticism to ridiculous levels. He has been terrible but the reactions here are still unjust.

You sit Oleksiak waaay before Maatta to get Riikola in.

Yeah, Oleksiak has been their worst D so far tonight. He's been caught out of position so many times.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Because you can't change it without breaking up two lines that are on fire.

Sully could give Sprong a chance there or double shift Rust...he was doing that on the fourth line for Sprong for absolutely no reason....

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
TBH I think Horny looks a bit out of sorts yet with Jake and Sid. Yes, he does make some space and crowds the net but way behind on any transition.
I am still hoping for a better L4. Just nothing there yet.
The Geno Phil thing looks awful right now.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
To be fair, this website takes criticism to ridiculous levels. He has been terrible but the reactions here are still unjust.

Yeah, Oleksiak has been their worst D so far tonight. He's been caught out of position so many times.

Oleksiak has no clue how to position himself. No idea why he is a Dman. Should be a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad