GDT: #1|PITY PARTY OUT OF CONTROL|Champion Capitals vs. Penguins|Oct. 4 |7:00 PM |PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Letang was the star of the period but that 3rd line was insane! Same w/ Sid's line. Letang really started us off right in the first 5-10 minutes of the period.

Geno going to work in the last minute showed how engaged this team is right now.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Again, not to beat a dead horse, but it's never gonna be a better time to see what we have with Riikola than now. If he makes Maatta expendable, that's so unbelievably fortunate for us for a number of reasons.

Phil's Phil. He's gonna look like shit until that one shift where he streaks down the wing and rips a snapshot at lightspeed to blow it by the goalie. You gotta take the bad with the good. That being said, I do think this is his last season with the Pens. Another year of Phil and Sully having to deal with each other is just gonna be too much. He won't be on this team next October, I feel pretty strongly about that.

I don't think Pens fans realize (yet) how freaking embarrassing it is that we have Brassard as our 3C.
Yeah, for as much of a stink was made about his playoffs I think he was perfectly fine during the Flyers series before injuries caught up to him against Washington. A pre-season under his belt to learn this system perfectly and now that he's settled in with this team and teammates, he's going to be exceptional I think. He's the best 3C we've had since Staal's heyday, and he's probably even better than that in a player v. player vacuum.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What’d I miss? I needed some whiskey or I couldn’t get thru this game...

Two goals...what!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
3 needs to go. Sid wins a great faceoff and Maatta gives it to the point. He needs to go.

I think I'm higher on him than most. He's usually pretty solid. People remember the bad with him much more than the good and that's because his flaw (bad skating) is just such an eyesore.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to Riikola getting put in for him or Oleksiak. But that's mainly because Riikola was so so good in preseason that I feel like he's earned a chance to show if he can do it in regular season games.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dear lord, Simon has an 86% CF% tonight. That is absolute absurdity.

Sheahan and Cullen haven't been on the ice for a shot attempt yet and Sprong is only at 1 shot attempt. That's pathetic. The 4th line is getting slaughtered tonight, Sheahan's CF-CA ratio is 0-12. Cullen is at 0-10, neither have played more than 3:31 at ES too.

Reactions: ColePens

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This won't be a popular opinion, but as I said last season, I wouldn't have signed Horny to a new deal.

Not that he's been terrible tonight, but I would have used that cap to get slightly younger and hopefully faster as a team.

Steph Blurry

Oct 4, 2018
Maatta’s game is so reliant on great positioning. I hate watching him pinch or lead a rush and fail miserably at recovering since he skates like Eric Godard. We have defenseman that can drive offense. Just stay at home and be low risk.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This won't be a popular opinion, but as I said last season, I wouldn't have signed Horny to a new deal.

Not that he's been terrible tonight, but I would have used that cap to get slightly younger and hopefully faster as a team.

L1 looks awesome and he's doing a lot of small things to open space up. I think that line could have 2 more goals. He creates so much space for Jake/Sid.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Who would you have signed?

Reactions: Beau Knows

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Like what was the point of that Olli?
Whyyyy would you not just eat the puck?

If ya can't bench Olli then for the love of everything bench Rig and go:

Dumo-Tang
Riiks-JJ
Olli-Schultz

Saturday.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Maatta needs to see the ice as less as possible in the 3rd...

Also, i loved the way Big Dong Brass is playing in the 2nd period, his line took over.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Letang was the star of the period but that 3rd line was insane! Same w/ Sid's line. Letang really started us off right in the first 5-10 minutes of the period.

Geno going to work in the last minute showed how engaged this team is right now.

We both know why L2 isn't working. It's not Geno not working. It's not Hags not working. It's those two trying to be superhuman to make up for the fact that Phil doesn't give a ****.

Leave L1 and L3. They're working. BUT, flip L2 and L4 RW's. At least Sprong looks like he gives a ****. Let Cullen and Sheahan babysit Phil. No reason to take Geno-Hags out of the game because there's nowhere else in the top 9 for him.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad