Your Goalie Forecast

• Bob responds with a dominant game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Still have to talk about Gudas and Yandle. They are by far our worst skaters on the backend, and it shows. Nuti and Montour look so much better because they manage to cover a lot more ice. I'd be sad to see Gudas go. Both look expendable.
Zito has done a fine job loading up on mobile two-way defensemen. The long-term projection is probably that Ekblad will be the worst skater a couple years from now, unless there's always room for a pylon who can throw some hits just to mix it up a bit.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Zito has done a fine job loading up on mobile two-way defensemen. The long-term projection is probably that Ekblad will be the worst skater a couple years from now, unless there's always room for a pylon who can throw some hits just to mix it up a bit.
Gudbranson...? :sarcasm::popcorn:

OT reminds me of him sometimes when he falls over his own feet like Bambi

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

In reality there's really no room for pylons regardless whether they can throw hits or not.

A common problem with these two-way dmen is that they can be easily out-muscled when they have to battle for space because they are usually somewhat lightly built in order to get the puck out of the d-zone by skating. Therefore, two-way dmen easily fall into the same category with these "offensive" dmen.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Screenshot_20210502-065815.png

:laugh:

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Bennett, Wennberg, Duclair, Montour, Driedger and Forsling are all getting re-signed. Gusev's status is dependent on his playoff performance.

Yandle, Stralman and Bobrovsky will be gone.

I believe Zito puts a lot of value into team chemistry. There will be great efforts to keep those that positively contribute to the cause together.

Expect some serious gymnastics with the expansion draft, trades, cap retention and general salary cap management. I expect a rather quiet free agency from Zito.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Gudbranson...? :sarcasm::popcorn:

OT reminds me of him sometimes when he falls over his own feet like Bambi
It's fascinating how a player like Gudbranson can end up getting $4M per year. I could see him being ok in the Gudas role on most teams, but that's a different pay grade.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Bennett, Wennberg, Duclair, Montour, Driedger and Forsling are all getting re-signed. Gusev's status is dependent on his playoff performance.

Yandle, Stralman and Bobrovsky will be gone.

I believe Zito puts a lot of value into team chemistry. There will be great efforts to keep those that positively contribute to the cause together.

Expect some serious gymnastics with the expansion draft, trades, cap retention and general salary cap management. I expect a rather quiet free agency from Zito.

We wont be able to get rid of Bob. No way he waives to leave Florida.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009

I second this. It just wont happen. We might be able to sign Driedger for another 2 years or so. Would be great for Spencer Knight to get top minutes in the AHL

We might be able to get rid of Yandle though. Tell him if he wants to play he has to waive or he will sit

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I second this. It just wont happen. We might be able to sign Driedger for another 2 years or so. Would be great for Spencer Knight to get top minutes in the AHL

We might be able to get rid of Yandle though. Tell him if he wants to play he has to waive or he will sit
Yandle and Stralman could be moved: likely requires retention and futures. I think Heponiemi might move with one of them

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Yandle and Stralman could be moved: likely requires retention and futures. I think Heponiemi might move with one of them

This.

The type of compensation The Cats will have to send back to whatever team Yandle gets moved to will depend on any salary retention The Panthers take on, imo.

Could be picks, could be Hepo, could be Noel, or possibly Gildon or Ludvig, the last two I would NOT be ok with.

The Bob contract isn't going anywhere for at least two more seasons, imo, unless Bill uses the Zito-mind-trick on some unsuspecting GM/coach who thinks Bob can still be a top 5 goalie in the wor......:laugh:....I couldn't even finish the sentence.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021

Tell him he is the backup going forward. Full stop. Will sit in the press box. That even Bednard has leapfrogged him. Buy him out. Do what needs doing. This is not a Zito signing. Zito will not handcuff this team because Tallon made a huge mistake.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
This.

The type of compensation The Cats will have to send back to whatever team Yandle gets moved to will depend on any salary retention The Panthers take on, imo.

Could be picks, could be Hepo, could be Noel, or possibly Gildon or Ludvig, the last two I would NOT be ok with.

The Bob contract isn't going anywhere for at least two more seasons, imo, unless Bill uses the Zito-mind-trick on some unsuspecting GM/coach who thinks Bob can still be a top 5 goalie in the wor......:laugh:....I couldn't even finish the sentence.

Since it took Borgstrom and Stillman to clear roughly $7mil in total off from the books, it'll take something like Koly/Noel + 1st + 2nd to clear Yandle's $12.7mil and Koly/Noel + LuoStar to clear Stralman.

Once Yandle and Stralman are gone the depth charts will look barren in all fronts unless someone wants to count the Cats' late round picks as sure-fire future roster players.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Tell him he is the backup going forward. Full stop. Will sit in the press box. That even Bednard has leapfrogged him. Buy him out. Do what needs doing. This is not a Zito signing. Zito will not handcuff this team because Tallon made a huge mistake.

How many goalies the Panthers would need to try out in the net before we might end up concluding that there's something deeply rotten in the defensive structure or fundamental skills of some Cats' defensemen? Some said that Bob was a top5 goalie upon hiring him. Do the Cats need another top5 goalie to sort things out? Driedger doesn't spell confidence either since he's registered Bob-like figures for the past five games or so. lol Bednard hasn't done anything yet and I think he might be a backup someday.

Reactions: MaWa and KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Keith Yandle wants to really be a Panthers locker room favorite guy and be the ultimate team player, he’ll waive to give his friends a chance to compete for the cup. If he does that, I’ll actually tip my hat to him in appreciation.

If he doesn’t, he has two choices: 1) actually start playing hockey instead of curling, OR 2) have his iron streak ended and endure the eternal wrath of much of the fan base.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
How many goalies the Panthers would need to try out in the net before we might end up concluding that there's something deeply rotten in the defensive structure or fundamental skills of some Cats' defensemen? Some said that Bob was a top5 goalie upon hiring him. Do the Cats need another top5 goalie to sort things out? Driedger doesn't spell confidence either since he's registered Bob-like figures for the past five games or so. lol Bednard hasn't done anything yet and I think he might be a backup someday.

Goalies that have played in the Stanley Cup finals in the past decade

Binnington
Jones
Khudobin
Holtby
Murray
Decrepit Brodeur
Fleury
Crawford

Minus Yandle, who will be scratched in the playoffs, I dont think our defense is the joke you think it is, with or without Ekblad. And you can most certainly go the distance with a Driedger/Knight tandem. Bob has won fewer playoff series than this franchise, if that is possible. Let's not act like he's shown ANYTHING outside of the regular season.

Viola is the type of richie rich that buys racehorses for giggles. In one season, Zito should have earned Viola's trust to do whatever is needed to be rid of the Bob contract, buyout and all.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Since it took Borgstrom and Stillman to clear roughly $7mil in total off from the books, it'll take something like Koly/Noel + 1st + 2nd to clear Yandle's $12.7mil and Koly/Noel + LuoStar to clear Stralman.

Once Yandle and Stralman are gone the depth charts will look barren in all fronts unless someone wants to count the Cats' late round picks as sure-fire future roster players.

That cheap? I’m in

Reactions: Boothinator and KW

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If Keith Yandle wants to really be a Panthers locker room favorite guy and be the ultimate team player, he’ll waive to give his friends a chance to compete for the cup. If he does that, I’ll actually tip my hat to him in appreciation.

If he doesn’t, he has two choices: 1) actually start playing hockey instead of curling, OR 2) have his iron streak ended and endure the eternal wrath of much of the fan base.

I don't think Yandle really couldn't care less considering that he doesn't call it quits when he obviously has to cut corners to extend his iron streak. The Panthers is the only team that not only tolerates his effort level but also encourages him to continue with it because everyone around him keeps reinforce the idea of him being a crucial glue guy to the locker room atmosphere. Plus, he's gonna get to play in the playoffs which wouldn't be possible as a tank commander in another team.

Reactions: 5 Hole and KW

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Binnington
Jones
Khudobin
Holtby
Murray
Decrepit Brodeur
Fleury
Crawford

Minus Yandle, who will be scratched in the playoffs, I dont think our defense is the joke you think it is, with or without Ekblad. And you can most certainly go the distance with a Driedger/Knight tandem. Bob has won fewer playoff series than this franchise, if that is possible. Let's not act like he's shown ANYTHING outside of the regular season.

Viola is the type of richie rich that buys racehorses for giggles. In one season, Zito should have earned Viola's trust to do whatever is needed to be rid of the Bob contract, buyout and all.
Are you going to cry when Bob starts every game of the playoffs?

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Binnington
Jones
Khudobin
Holtby
Murray
Decrepit Brodeur
Fleury
Crawford

What exactly should we learn from by looking at that list of goalies? That Vezina winners like Holtby and Brodeur can lead their teams to the finals?

Yandle is gonna play in the playoffs.

Our defense is not a joke. Only certain parts of it which leads ppl to conclude that Bob needs to use his x-ray vision to see that puck.

Viola is a billionaire but that doesn't override this thing called the cap limit.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Are you going to cry when Bob starts every game of the playoffs?

Why do posters like you behave the way you do? I have already stated that I would he happy if Bob returns to Top 10 starter form, and I hope it happens with Florida. Has he been a Top 10 (or Top 25) starter since leaving Columbus? No. Do i believe he will be on a short leash in the playoffs? Yes. I dont believe Q, Zito and Viola will purposely hinder this team's chances in order to justify a contract erroneously given out by someone who is no longer employed by the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad