Your Goalie Forecast

• Bob responds with a dominant game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Someone mentioned Pierre Lebrun is saying that Zito is trying to sign and trade Driedger to Seattle for expansion draft purposes?

f***ing pain.
Driedger is arguably the second best goalie that will be available to Seattle and there is no way he'd stay here stuck between Bob and Knight. The sooner we accept that, the better. Let's just be happy for a guy earning quite a bit of money after being a written off journeyman.

Why would Driedger agree to this? I would think he'd want to play for a contender and test the market. Colorado, Boston and Toronto are possible destinations.
Would you gamble $9M (or so) to maybe go to a contender? Every year, there's a goalie that is left at the altar and is force to take a short low contract to be a backup. Plus, Seattle is going to have one hell of a defense and a decent team overall.

Otherwise, I'm not worried at all about Stralman's contract. I think Stralman's back is hurting from the hernia and is LTIRetired.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Driedger is arguably the second best goalie that will be available to Seattle and there is no way he'd stay here stuck between Bob and Knight. The sooner we accept that, the better. Let's just be happy for a guy earning quite a bit of money after being a written off journeyman.

Would you gamble $9M (or so) to maybe go to a contender? Every year, there's a goalie that is left at the altar and is force to take a short low contract to be a backup. Plus, Seattle is going to have one hell of a defense and a decent team overall.

Otherwise, I'm not worried at all about Stralman's contract. I think Stralman's back is hurting from the hernia and is LTIRetired.
Yeah, maybe Driedger is enticed with a 3 year $9 million contract.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Maybe we should do a "Venting at Bob" or "Venting at Yandle" (or Venting at Bob and Yandle) thread?

We had a "Rant about the expansion draft" thread a few years back when multiple threads kept getting derailed by that. Although Yandle and Bob are both still playing so it's theoretically more relevant... IDK, maybe it's too soon for this, but if both are still here come next season, we're going to need one.

We have a Bob thread

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Why would Driedger agree to this? I would think he'd want to play for a contender and test the market. Colorado, Boston and Toronto are possible destinations.
He is turning 27 this month and has made like what? Maybe $2m from his career thus far? He'll sign whichever deal offers him the most guaranteed money regardless of AAV or team competitiveness.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
He is turning 27 this month and has made like what? Maybe $2m from his career thus far? He'll sign whichever deal offers him the most guaranteed money regardless of AAV or team competitiveness.

And to be clear, this is absolutely what he SHOULD do. He's paid his dues and put in the time. He will get good contract offers this summer, and he should take the best one.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
What is this news about Driedger and Lebrun? A cursory google search yields nothing.
What are we getting back in return for this sign and trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad