Your Goalie Forecast

• Bob responds with a dominant game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
What exactly should we learn from by looking at that list of goalies? That Vezina winners like Holtby and Brodeur can lead their teams to the finals?

Yandle is gonna play in the playoffs.

Our defense is not a joke. Only certain parts of it which leads ppl to conclude that Bob needs to use his x-ray vision to see that puck.

Viola is a billionaire but that doesn't override this thing called the cap limit.

Holtby wasnt even Washington's Rd 1/Game 1 starter during the Capitals Cup run, and Brodeur was far from Vezina/legendary form when New Jersey fell to the Kings.

If you want to justify Bob making himself as small as possible and swimming around his crease as necessary tactics to deal with not having "x ray" vision, thats on you.

If Yandle plays, it will be on the PP if at all. Q didnt join Florida to appease Yandle.

If Viola and Zito are successful businessmen. Successful people dont just lay down when faced with a hurdle. If they deem Bob a hurdle to the Cup/retaining Driedger/developing goalies in the system, they'll remove the hurdle.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
We wont be able to get rid of Bob. No way he waives to leave Florida.

Players generally waive if they're not wanted, I don't think Bob would be much different. But to move him right now would mean taking something awful back, you're not getting rid of him by only giving up assets. So at the end of the day it's probably a smaller headache to bare with him the next two years even if he's just a backup.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Holtby wasnt even Washington's Rd 1/Game 1 starter during the Capitals Cup run, and Brodeur was far from Vezina/legendary form when New Jersey fell to the Kings.

If you want to justify Bob making himself as small as possible and swimming around his crease as necessary tactics to deal with not having "x ray" vision, thats on you.

If Yandle plays, it will be on the PP if at all. Q didnt join Florida to appease Yandle.

If Viola and Zito are successful businessmen. Successful people dont just lay down when faced with a hurdle. If they deem Bob a hurdle to the Cup/retaining Driedger/developing goalies in the system, they'll remove the hurdle.

I get the feeling Q is more worried about a locker room revolt if he cuts KY's TOI down even more than the 8-10 minutes he's getting now, or, Wayne Gretsky forbid, bench him all together. I doubt he gives two s**ts about appeasing Yandle at all, he(KY) just has the locker room due to his personality/relationships with the boys, and Q has to skate on some seriously thin ice to mitigate Yandles liability while trying to win games.

When Yandle took out Bob while attempting to do something semi-defensive I was hoping he would take care of both problems we currently have at the same time. Does that make me a bad person?

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
holy f***.

it's beyond f***ing tiring reading 10 pages every game day of people how much of an albatross bob is.

Yeah, lol.

People are passionate, and get frustrated, and need to vent, that's kinda why we all are here, right?

It was the same with Reimer, it was the same with Campbell, etc. etc.

I would never ask someone to not be upset about something if they are upset, all I can suggest is that they understand that this is the situation, like it or f**king not, Bob is here for the next 2 years at least, before he's moved(unlikely) or bought out. So yeah, get mad, break s**t, vent, but that mountain ain't movin not matter how loudly you yell at it, no matter how many comments you make, no matter how you pound the keyboard, bro.

But by all means, get it out.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Someone mentioned Pierre Lebrun is saying that Zito is trying to sign and trade Driedger to Seattle for expansion draft purposes?

f***ing pain.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Someone mentioned Pierre Lebrun is saying that Zito is trying to sign and trade Driedger to Seattle for expansion draft purposes?

f***ing pain.

But but! he just got that new shiny mask with drawings of everyone on the team (not you Bob) he cant leave now!

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Stralman can be bought out with minimal cap hit.

Yandle, I don't know what to do. Theoretically he should be fine sheltered but he has stopped being good at things he is good at.

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Stralman can be bought out with minimal cap hit.

Yandle, I don't know what to do. Theoretically he should be fine sheltered but he has stopped being good at things he is good at.

I agree, Stralman will be bought out, I believe it'll be 1.5 in 21-22 and 1.5 in 22-23 with the buyout, which ain't much.

Yandle, on the other hand, would require significant retention, and draft pick/prospect compensation, but all that is a moot point with his NMC if doesn't want to move.

His buyout is about he same as Stralman's for 23-24 & 24-25, it's the over 5 mil hit you'd take in 22-23 that makes it non-viable, imo.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula

f***ing pain.
Why would Driedger agree to this? I would think he'd want to play for a contender and test the market. Colorado, Boston and Toronto are possible destinations.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Since it took Borgstrom and Stillman to clear roughly $7mil in total off from the books, it'll take something like Koly/Noel + 1st + 2nd to clear Yandle's $12.7mil and Koly/Noel + LuoStar to clear Stralman.

Once Yandle and Stralman are gone the depth charts will look barren in all fronts unless someone wants to count the Cats' late round picks as sure-fire future roster players.
Yandle/Stralman are different: Stralman will probably easy due to one year left (last year Staal went for a second; we can retain a bit it cheaper) that could be traded at deadline.

Yandle is weird: his points are fine and he might still be servicable somewhere else; it's clear that something is up between him and Q.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Comparing Bob and Yandle, KY is by far the bigger threat to this team. Bob doesn’t always suck and he always tries his best. Keith almost always sucks and he almost never tries his best.

I just want to put that to rest so we can move on.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why would Driedger agree to this? I would think he'd want to play for a contender and test the market. Colorado, Boston and Toronto are possible destinations.

Boston has like 4 goalies.
Swayman looks to be the future after Rask

Reactions: Chaos2k7

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Comparing Bob and Yandle, KY is by far the bigger threat to this team. Bob doesn’t always suck and he always tries his best. Keith almost always sucks and he almost never tries his best.

I just want to put that to rest so we can move on.

He's absolute cancer and everyone can see it. When you repeatedly have to bench the guy for an entire period and dress an extra D to account for that, it's obvious the situation is untenable.

It would be addition by subtraction, in a big way, to be rid of him, even if we're still on the hook for salary.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Yeah, lol.

People are passionate, and get frustrated, and need to vent, that's kinda why we all are here, right?
Maybe we should do a "Venting at Bob" or "Venting at Yandle" (or Venting at Bob and Yandle) thread?

We had a "Rant about the expansion draft" thread a few years back when multiple threads kept getting derailed by that. Although Yandle and Bob are both still playing so it's theoretically more relevant... IDK, maybe it's too soon for this, but if both are still here come next season, we're going to need one.

Reactions: Mase and Pigge

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
If I were Judge, I'm looking for job security and compensation.
Not really too concerned with winning at the moment. Seattle would be near the top of my list. You can also add Arizona to that list. Even San Jose.

Reactions: RogerRoger and 42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad