Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I didn't think Bob was 'bad' tonight, despite the 4 goals. On the middle two of them I would say he really had no chance. One was a terrible play from the guys in front of them, the other was just a total f***ing fluke play on a weird bounce.

Can't really blame him for the fourth one, either. Gotta cover that guy.

Thing is.. How often do we end up saying this? Bob wasnt bad eventho he gave up 4 goals.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
As far as I'm concerned, what ever Forsling wants, give it to him.

Nuti and Montour played ok tonight. When Ek gets back you'll have a problem, but it'll be a great problem to have.

Dont see a problem. Montour is UFA. Dont see us resigning him unless its cheap. Yandle should be bought out and Stralman shipped off somewhere.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Who told me we were solid defensively?

Not in 4 plus seasons, but with just one with Zito it is reversing. Gonna be another critical offseason.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Thing is.. How often do we end up saying this? Bob wasnt bad eventho he gave up 4 goals.
I just think we gotta be fair.... tonight Bob was unlucky as hell. He had the exact opposite of puck luck.

Reactions: austropanther

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Dont see a problem. Montour is UFA. Dont see us resigning him unless its cheap. Yandle should be bought out and Stralman shipped off somewhere.
I was referring to the playoffs and who to play with who, when/if Ekblad comes back(yes, wishful thinking, I know).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I just think we gotta be fair.... tonight Bob was unlucky as hell. He had the exact opposite of puck luck.

I agree. But he's been unlucky a lot of those games too.

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I think you can make the case Forsling has been the biggest pickup AND biggest shocker this year.

Stud

Defensively, 100%

Offensively, with so many new guys in and out of the line up(Duke, Vergy, Horny) it's hard to say, but with out a doubt, on defense, it's been Forsling as the best pick up.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I was referring to the playoffs and who to play with who, when/if Ekblad comes back(yes, wishful thinking, I know).

Ekblad aint coming back this season(playoffs)

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Just watched game.. Bob could have been better. But he looked to be fighting it a bit out there. We need to be able to hold a 5-3 lead..

Hepo, lomberg, accari, tippett forsling were very noticable.

Reactions: Mase and harv33173

Mase

Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Just watched game.. Bob could have been better. But he looked to be fighting it a bit out there. We need to be able to hold a 5-3 lead..

Hepo, lomberg, accari, tippett forsling were very noticable.

I liked Hepos game, didn't look physically overpowered. Too bad when Horny and Vergy come back he's taking a cab ride.

Reactions: violaswallet

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Montour gonna get $4milx3 if Zito is smart.

As often and as long as this team refuses to play solid defense.

1st goal: Acciari goes to cut off the passing lane and pressures Murphy. In the meanwhile Barkov, Weegar and Forsling do not pick any of the Hawks in front of the net in order to Bob being able see the puck. Instead the Panthers play zone defense: Barkov goes for the good ol' flamingo stance while Forsling and Weegar do nothing. I love the little commentary by Moller: "there's a maze of sticks, legs in front of Bob... Let's see if it's redirected... No, it's not. Gaudette was standing right in front [of Bob]. Bob definitely would want that back". So the conclusion is that Bob didn't see the puck but he reacted when the other players reacted to the shot, aka Bob's fault.

2nd goal: Loving the Gudas&Kaptain K duo. You just have to marvel at it. Hopefully Seattle picks Gudas.

3rd goal: Forwards do not want to play defense even on the PK. Dach has no trouble of roofing that puck considering his talent. Goldie: "This one caught Bobrovsky by surprise." Okay...

4th goal: I guess you could pin this 6-on-5 goal on Bobrovsky because he was hesitant to completely commit to switch from post to post and thus Kubalik had a lot of room to shoot at.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
Q and the players must be in a very good place mentally. Under normal circumstances they should have blown up at the refs for the non-call on the offside before Chicago's second goal. Nice to just focus on the next shift instead and score three quick goals.

Reactions: austropanther

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Q and the players must be in a very good place mentally. Under normal circumstances they should have blown up at the refs for the non-call on the offside before Chicago's second goal. Nice to just focus on the next shift instead and score three quick goals.
That was a really bad blown call, a real headscratcher.

They had played a great game up to this point and knew that they will beat the Hawks if they just continue. Amazing confidence level.

All 4 lines looked great tonight. Rookies nicely fitting in, almost sad to see them lose ice time when March and Verhaege are back. The Lomberg-Acc combo is great and even makes Gusev look good. Wennberg finally put in the perfect spot for him with good wingers. OT finding a home with Huby and Bennett. Chemistry levels are of the charts for once on all lines. Just hoping for Deni to find another gear within the next 1-2 years. Hepo should be on this team, or at least remain on the taxi squad - he can fill in wherever a player drops out.

Still have to talk about Gudas and Yandle. They are by far our worst skaters on the backend, and it shows. Nuti and Montour look so much better because they manage to cover a lot more ice. I'd be sad to see Gudas go. Both look expendable.

Don't get the Bob criticism. He had some very nice saves, and did not have a real chance on any of the goals. But what matters to me the most: of all our goalies, he is the only one with PO experience - and he knows he can destroy another team by himself. I would not feel comfortable with a Spence/CD combo right now even if they have better stats and transpire a more calming presence.

Reactions: Pigge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad